OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

144 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Empty 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:15 pm

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Celebrating Canada Day (July 1) with a select repost of some pics I posted in the other place back on Canada’s 150th birthday, in 2017.  (It’s been four years, so pls forgive the recycling).  Happy Canada Day!

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Img_3810

The following pictures of various Canadian icons are arranged according to Canada's five official seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall and Hockey.

1  WINTER (in the great North)

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Img_9710

2 SPRING  --  Montreal, Edmonton and Ottawa go to the stars:

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Img_9711

3 SUMMER:

The summer in Canada is too short to be captured on film.

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Summer10

4 FALL (on the Streets of Toronto)

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Img_0510
44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Img_0610
44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Img_0611
44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Img_0612

5 HOCKEY SEASON

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Img_9610

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Happy Canada Day!

I do have an inordinate love for all things Canadian (and, to keep things balanced, Australian), so thank you for alerting those of us who might have been oblivious to it and helping us share in the celebration. Love the photos, the vivid and varied figures, and even the "image not availbale" for the easily overlooked short season in between. Smile Are all the recognizable faces Canadian? We learn something new every day.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Happy Canada Day. Love the Summer pic. Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, this is such a great idea!! And as a half-Canadian myself, Happy Canada Day to you, too (tomorrow)!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Happy Canada Day to all of our Canadians! Just to give you an idea of how much I love your beautiful country, I have framed maps of Victoria and Halifax on my wall!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pics! hope it was a great day bounce

csyeung

csyeung
Happy Canada day! Nice pics!

Diana

Diana
I spent over three years in Vancouver BC, and I talk to my best friend over there about 5 times a week (if only for her 15 minute break).

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! 1f497 🤍 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! 2764 🤍 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! 1f497

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:I spent over three years in Vancouver BC, and I talk to my best friend over there about 5 times a week (if only for her 15 minute break).

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! 1f497 🤍 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! 2764 🤍 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! 1f497

I’ve spent a great deal of time (though it’s been several years now), roughly about 3/4 of a year for a couple years; mostly in BC, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario. Have a friend (and his wife) who live in Edmonton, Alberta, who had me over at their place for Christmas, Boxing Day, and a few other occasions. Still talk with them, often individually, as his wife is a lot of fun to have political discussions with. Also spent a great deal of time, on days off from work, at the Edmonton Mall, passed through Frank Slide several times (if you’re not familiar with it, Google it) on my way to Vancouver. Beautiful country, and often mind-boggling how you can drive the major highways (interstates here in the US) and not see another car sometimes for miles; it’s wonderful.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! C8485110

1044 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Empty Re: 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:37 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Happy late Canada day, some cool stuff in those shots too, like the mail boxes and newspaper stands.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! 1f60e

1144 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Empty Re: 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:46 am

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:
Diana wrote:I spent over three years in Vancouver BC, and I talk to my best friend over there about 5 times a week (if only for her 15 minute break).

I’ve spent a great deal of time (though it’s been several years now), roughly about 3/4 of a year for a couple years; mostly in BC, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario. Have a friend (and his wife) who live in Edmonton, Alberta, who had me over at their place for Christmas, Boxing Day, and a few other occasions. Still talk with them, often individually, as his wife is a lot of fun to have political discussions with. Also spent a great deal of time, on days off from work, at the Edmonton Mall, passed through Frank Slide several times (if you’re not familiar with it, Google it) on my way to Vancouver. Beautiful country, and often mind-boggling how you can drive the major highways (interstates here in the US) and not see another car sometimes for miles; it’s wonderful.
Oh wow, I did google it. I haven't gotten around at all actually while I was there as I was constantly broke. But when I visit my friend next time we will definitely go check out some of the beautiful spots in the area. Can't wait! Smile

1244 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Empty Re: 44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:40 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for showing all the fantastic pictures, Moonbase. Great to hear from You. God save canada ! One day i will get my cabin in the woods in canada, living with nature and wildlife in peace Wink ... far away from where i come from.

44 Canadian Icons -- Happy Canada Day! 2b510

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum