OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tightening Loose Joints Using Moldable Plastic (Guide)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

For a very long time, I've been using Pledge Floor Care to add friction to loose ball joints in toys. More recently, I've decided to try out using moldable plastic. It's a lot faster and more effective than Pledge Floor Care in my opinion. With Pledge, you have to wait a few hours before the joint tightens up and if you didn't apply enough Pledge, you'd have to do it again. With moldable plastic, you can immediately get results and if you need more, you can easily heat up more plastic and add it to the joint. Here's how I do it, I hope someone finds it useful if you ever have to deal with loose joints Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice idea, and well done. I have one or two of these materials and have used them to make molds, but it had not occurred to me to try them out on something like this. Good to know, and thank you.

Adeno

Welcome, have fun Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum