OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Diana

Diana
Horus, Egyptian god, Guardian of Pharaoh.

He was in the form of a falcon whose right eye was the sun or morning star, representing power and quintessence, and whose left eye was the moon or evening star, representing healing.

Horus was a powerful fighter. In order to protect the imperial authority, Horus defeated Set, who was many times more powerful than himself. After succeeding to the throne, Horus was also regarded as the supreme god, the god of the sky.

Packing List:

2 x falcon head sculpts
1 x TBLeague 1/6 scale male seamless body with metal skeleton
3 pairs x interchangeable hands
1 x long gown worn next to the skin
1x leather upper outer garment
1 x one-piece armor for protecting shoulders and heart
1 x neck ornament: a piece of chain with a pendant at each end
1 x cloak
1 x waist decoration with sashes, pendants and other elements
1 x underpants
1 pair x ornamental rings for upper arms
1 pair x forearm armor
1 pair x outspread wings
1 pair x fabric sleeves for lower legs
1 pair x armor for lower legs
1 pair x falcon claw-shaped feet
1 x spear
1 x machete

Silver: 1 x base with a detachable holder
Golden: 1 x Egyptian temple column made up of two parts, with a detachable holder

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver Horus10

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0122
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0222
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0321
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0421
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0521
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0620
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0818
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0918
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1019
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1120
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1218
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1317

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0123
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0223
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0322
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0422
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0522
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0621
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0720
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0819
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 0919
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1020
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1121
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1318
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1415
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1515

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
Yikes, imagine having bought the previous release of this same character and now looking at these wings...

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver They_f10

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1f1f8  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1f1ea  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1f1fb  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1f1ea  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 1f1f3

Diana

Diana
Seven Pillars wrote:Yikes, imagine having bought the previous release of this same character and now looking at these wings...

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver They_f10
This is Horus, not Ra, but (I stand corrected. There has been a Horus. Smile ) but in any case... funny. Laughing

I just love those bases, especially together.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL excellent response, Seven Pillars. I was also puzzled (as in, haven't we been there already), but yes, wings upgrade. I love the column, even if it is horribly underscale. The figures are stunning, and the wings provide a potentially striking additional option. Lucky for me, I'm too attached to real Egyptian art to fully appreciate these modern fantasy renditions of its characters or seek them out. But I suppose this could be a source of real annoyance to many others.

Diana -- just double checked. There is an earlier version of Horus. That was Horus: Guardian of Pharaoh; this is Horus II: God of the Sky.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/horus-guardian-of-pharaoh-silver-tbleague-907315

Saturn

Saturn
For those who already bought the previous version, this release is, well, how should I say...

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Saturn wrote:For those who already bought the previous version, this release is, well, how should I say...

...."The Happy Middle Finger." It's like what Chevy does to eveyone the bought the previous model of Corvett. I'm siticking with GubernatorFan on this one.

Delanie

Delanie
I like the wings hands and feet but they spoiled it for me by the marks on the beak and the headress as i'd want it to be a non 'egyptian' character more of a beat man.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
The (otherwise welcome) choice of two different bases that fit together would have been a great idea for the original Horus and Monthu, two different figures that were likely bought together.  But now, what, if I want that display I've got to buy a second and a third Horus?  There isn't enough differentiation between Golden and Silver Flying Horus that anyone would buy both, so short of part-outs, virtually no one will ever assemble that two-part base.  Which is crazy WTF.  They could have given the other half to Osiris or something.

Yes, as an existing Horus owner I am irritated.  But in some ways it's not as frustrating as all that.  Gubernator Fan is absolutely right that the connection to any historical concept of "Horus" is beyond tenuous.  So this one can just be another Egyptian bird-headed God of the TBL Pantheon.  Identical faces are not as big a deal for bird heads as they would be for human likenesses, and there are two different heads anyway.  And it is possible to differentiate further by getting this one in Silver if you got the first one Golden, or vice versa.  Resting face Silver Flying "Horus" would be an almost completely different figure from open mouth Golden Regular "Horus."

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
If I do get this in addition to the previous "Horus" I see two reasonable choices that he can be.  He has to stay not just a bird God but a Falcon God, especially with those wings.  The white one could also be a pigeon God, but I don't think there was one Smile

So possibly Sokar, the falcon God of the Memphite Necropolis.  Or a more logical choice, apart from the unwieldy name, would be Qebehsenuef, (often represented as a Falcon) son of Horus and protector of the canopic jar of the intestines.  I've got a decent set of 1/6 Canopic jars, so this, and the family connection to Horus, will probably make one of these figures into TBL Qebehsenuef for me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There is also the male falcon-headed god Montu (which they called Month and turned into a female, if I recall).

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Woah, this figure is impressive, specially the A version gets quite imponent. It's amazing. I just didn't get why the different bases. Sounds silly instead of selling it separately, since you could use on the countless other figures of this line. But... who am I to argue?

If Osiris is being sold for ~250USD on Asian stores with "free shipping", I don't even wanna see the price tag they're gonna slap on this big boy.

Nekk-ra

FreakinLobster wrote:

If Osiris is being sold for ~250USD on Asian stores with "free shipping", I don't even wanna see the price tag they're gonna slap on this big boy.

BBTS has them for $199, but I know those of you outside the States would get hit with massive custom/shipping charges.

Have the prior Horus and like him, so not put off by a redux for those who passed the first time or can no longer get him. I also don't mind the Ancient Egypt according to "Stargate" ascetic - I''m starting to believe that movie and it's subsequent series (pl) is very popular in Asia.

Do have an issue with how many they are pumping out, though. Four figures ( eight if you count the variants) in the last couple of months alone from the same series is a bit much. Thank goodness I don't have completist mentality. Ouch!

As it is the Green Osiris is is the only one I may pick up. And the one I was looking forward to, Bastet, seems to be a mess from the protoype - head too small, body too big - so she may end up a pass.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:There is also the male falcon-headed god Montu (which they called Month and turned into a female, if I recall).

Monthu doesn't really enter into the discussion of finding a differentiated identity to give to a "TBL second Horus," being already present in the TBL Pantheon albeit as a female. Unless we want to say the"second Horus" is now Monthu, but then it's hard to place the actual TBL "Monthu" as anything else, because actually there are no sharply delineated female falcon headed goddesses.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Monthu doesn't really enter into the discussion of finding a differentiated identity to give to a "TBL second Horus," being already present in the TBL Pantheon albeit as a female.  Unless we want to say the"second Horus" is now Monthu, but then it's hard to place the actual TBL "Monthu" as anything else, because actually there are no sharply delineated female falcon headed goddesses.

That is exactly what I'm saying. If one needs to justify a second (actually third, since there is Ra) falcon-headed male god on the basis of Egyptian religion, that could be designated, with or without some kitbashing, Montu. And if that is our rationale, it is the female "Month" that doesn't come into play, as it is a fantastical invention of TBLeague. Then again, these figures are so fantastical, that perhaps there is no point seeking an Egyptian rationale in the first place. Except that this is how they are being marketed.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If I were to get this, I’d have to get the Gold version, but I like the white wings (could see trying to make a Hawkman figure with them). Sideshow needs to get on that since they’ve teamed with TBLeague for their female figures — they could easily use the mold for these bodies for the wings attachment, and make a long overdue Hawkman (my favorite DC hero after Batman).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:If I were to get this, I’d have to get the Gold version, but I like the white wings (could see trying to make a Hawkman figure with them). Sideshow needs to get on that since they’ve teamed with TBLeague for their female figures — they could easily use the mold for these bodies for the wings attachment, and make a long overdue Hawkman (my favorite DC hero after Batman).

I had that same thought when I got TBL Kier Shadow of Heaven (also maybe making a Flash Gordon Prince Vultan).  These wings are better for Hawkman that Kier SoH's, as they appear wider and thicker; plus hers have the claws (which are visually interesting but not typically Hawkman-ish).  But one good thing they did for Kier SoH, which I'm surprised and sorry they didn't do here, is to supply the spare set of wings which is only half unfurled.

Saturn

Saturn
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=375256&extra=page%3D1&page=4 automatically translated:

"About TBLeague 1/6 God of the Sky - Horus Gold/Silver (PL2021-177A/B) After the official release
We have seen all the support, suggestions and criticism for TBLeague and are grateful for that.

Many players have said that this is a shuffle so soon after version 2.0, but it's not.
We originally designed two images of the character [Horus].
This version was originally planned as a limited edition for the WF2021 Shanghai venue.
However, we found that the production schedule could not keep up with the WF2021 Shanghai show
(i.e. it was not possible to ship the figures soon after the show).
So we have decided to sell the Horus with wings and floor as a mass market version.
(Each colour is produced in 1000 pieces)

As you can see from the comparison chart below, there is a clear difference between the two in terms of overall costume, shape and configuration.
In terms of pricing, the higher cost of the flying version will also increase the price, but we don't think it will conflict much with the previous version.

Also players mentioned ""Montu and Ra"" whether there might be another version, we have no such plans.
The previous Anubis [re-release] was because Anubis was the first in a series for Egypt and many players missed it.
That's why we decided to take the order for "Anubis" again. There is no possibility of [reprint] for other characters.

Thank you again for your support and interest!

TBLeague"

Kallor8

Did anybody end up getting these? I'm curious to see some reviews. Are the wings compatible with Kier/Purgatori/LB? I would assume not, since it's a male figure, but you never know.

teamweapon

Kallor8 wrote:Did anybody end up getting these?  I'm curious to see some reviews.  Are the wings compatible with Kier/Purgatori/LB?  I would assume not, since it's a male figure, but you never know.

I got it about a month ago, as this is the first winged figure i have im afraid i couldnt tell you if its compatible or not.
What i can say is that it is really REALLY difficult to balance it on his tiny chicken feee he has without using his staff.

3Afr

3Afr
Received a few weeks ago... very beautiful, the "costume" is now mainly white, compared to the other TBL "Gods", who had rather gray costumes... the wings are quite fragile, but I don't know if they can be adapted to other figures, and the column is super, very detailed, and engraved with many hyeroglyphs NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 24452910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 24719010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 24695310

3Afr

3Afr
other photos...

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 24676210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 24746610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague HORUS II God of the Sky- Golden/Silver 24752210

Diana

Diana
Oh that column really is beautiful. So is Horus. I like the all white. Thank you for sharing the joy! Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Looks great! Especially like that column as well!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for sharing the in-hand photos. As usual, a very nicely crafted product for the most part, and the figure looks great. Love the general shaping of the column, but as usual the hieroglyphs and artistic style leave a lot to be desired.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
So - "quite fragile" wings, standing on little claw feet, with a likely loose ball joint anyway -- and we're balancing him high on top of a 16" column?  See, this is why the Egyptian Gods are probably all extinct...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum