OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243899378_2fbe5dd086_b
K-TROOP CHAPTER COVERS (1) by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244464424_e13d8190b9_b
Page_1 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243700671_bd74338608_b
Page_2 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243700396_bd40ab88c0_b
Page_3 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244753870_70d085bf83_b
Page_4 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51242985582_c485297229_b
Page_5 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244462889_2480ccd7ed_b
Page_6 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243699246_5133251fc5_b
Page_7 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244462299_09bb792e30_b
Page_8 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243896458_cb1ceac778_b
Page_9 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244461744_9e323084f1_b
Page_10 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243895913_af1bc180a5_b
Page_11 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244461144_28271040f8_b
Page_12 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243895438_ccc752ab7d_b
Page_13 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244751040_6d0b6646b1_b
Page_14 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51242982892_f9c94db098_b
Page_15 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244460044_ef6734432e_b
Page_16 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244459689_9b0f37a023_b
Page_17 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51244459429_e9f47bec21_b
Page_18 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243695666_90db1ae097_b
Page_19 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243695351_99f0595747_b
Page_20 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51242980877_5b37d47b5e_b
Page_21 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243892623_97f2aa1d38_b
Page_22 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51243892318_69441a293f_b
Page_23 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
lol! lol! lol!  Those two certainly love winding each other up!. This was one of my favourite crossovers to help work on, it was huge fun! Hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as Gary and I had putting it together Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

For past chapters of the Hidden in the shadows story, please check out, blondeactionman, garymenten, davidd and London.roadhog. flickr's! (Simly click on any of the uploaded pics, and it should take you straight there)

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:lol! lol! lol!  Those two certainly love winding each other up!. This was one of my favourite crossovers to help work on, it was huge fun! Hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as Gary and I had putting it together Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

For past chapters of the Hidden in the shadows story, please check out, blondeactionman, garymenten, davidd and London.roadhog. flickr's! (Simly click on any of the uploaded pics, and it should take you straight there)

It was certainly one of the best and funniest exchanges, all the more funny because the characters involved are both Alpha-males but acting like high-school girls having a cat fight over who is the biggest ______________ (fill in word of your choice)

davidd

davidd
Is this story not posted here at the OSF forum?

Oh... right... there's no "Photo-Story" dedicated section. Razz

This is definitely an entertaining installment! But we'll see how tough Bond-Fleming really is when it's his turn to be the "boots on the ground"... in Dinosaur Valley!

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Haha this is fantastic. Fun and love how it’s put together

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
lurpdog101 wrote:Haha this is fantastic. Fun and love how it’s put together

Thank-you

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The elaborate banter requires a substantial degree of pop culture knowledge, but works pretty convincingly for the purposes of the story. Love the complex backgrounds and most of the active poses (such as they were for a conversation) worked very realistically.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Man I just wish I could do stuff like that, the setup required for this must be insane, let alone the space requirement to fit in fully furniture rooms like that. I am always amazed by this

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well written and fun to look at. I caught all of the references — says a lot about my love for Bond movies (at least most of them prior to Quantum of Solace — after that… meh), and nice tie in with BAMcomix.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Thanks guys! It really was a lot of fun to be part of Very Happy .

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
As Dal said, it was quite a fun project and allowed us a way to integrate my Sean Connery / Bond into the BamComix universe which already has a Roger Moore / Bond.  (That English bloke, the one who looks like Simon Templar.) The idea that James Bond is simply the name assigned to whoever holds the number 007 in MI-6 has been floated by others as a possible explanation for the many different actors playing Bond over the years, and the different ways he was portrayed.  

For my money, Sean Connery WAS Bond, or certainly the best movie Bond, and the way he played him,  you never lost the sense that beneath the charm, the tailored suits, refined tastes in food and drink, there was an Edinburgh street ruffian who'd beat you up at the drop of a hat.  Connery even sounded menacing when introducing himself.....My name is Bond; James Bond."  I certainly never got that sense with Roger Moore, or most of the guys that followed Connery.  

The Zardoz and Simon Templar references of course, are there for laughs, and Dr. Noah refers to an episode of Deep Space 9, "Our Man Bashir" in which Bashir and Garak are caught in a malfunctioning holodeck simulation of a James Bond like adventure.  

Though I wrote most of the dialogue, Dal and I had worked out the rough details of the conversation and the dislike that both Tibias and Bond-Fleming have for one another.  This served as a good vehicle of shedding some light on Tibias who until that point had largely been just a shadowy character in Dal's stories, referred to more often than seen.  In fact I think this appearance marks only the second time he's appeared in physical form in the BamComix universe.  Since Connery/Bond's character is already well known, it's Tibias's nature that's mostly revealed.  Note that throughout this catty little exchange, neither really scores any knockouts, though both get in some good shots at the other. In the end, though Bond-Fleming has clearly gotten under Tibias's skin, they both come off as being highly competitive alpha males who don't take any crap from anyone.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That was a very good read, and I got some of those references like the Zardoz one and I also must agree, Sean Connery was the Bond, his delivery of the lines was quite simply different.

Also I read this in my best British accent for added effect.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 1f60e

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I think what impresses me the most is the patience behind creating all of this.  It’s obviously a labor of love, and that helps tremendously, but still…setting the stage and the props, posing the figures, getting the right lighting and camera angles….I can’t even begin to imagine the time and effort invested to produce a product of this quality.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Xavion2004 wrote:I think what impresses me the most is the patience behind creating all of this.  It’s obviously a labor of love, and that helps tremendously, but still…setting the stage and the props, posing the figures, getting the right lighting and camera angles….I can’t even begin to imagine the time and effort invested to produce a product of this quality.

As Dal's BAM HQ set was built and super-detailed some time ago, the process was much simpler than you might imagine.  

1.  The script is written, discussed by PM, and finalized by mutual agreement.

2. Both Dal and I shoot photos to correspond to the script, putting a bit of thought into what the photos would need to look like in order to match what's being said.  I had the easier job here, because Sir James is sitting the whole time.

3. Dal sends me his photos and I start using his and mine to produce the comic. The most time consuming part here was actually resizing and altering some of mine to look correct on the small laptop screen regardless of perspective. This is done easily enough using Photoshop.

4. Using the Comic Life App, place the selected images into panels, add the speech balloons and text, create a cover page, and it's done.

Communication between the authors and being on the same wavelength as to where things are going is the key.

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
As Dal's BAM HQ set was built and super-detailed some time ago, the process was much simpler than you might imagine.  ...

Communication between the authors and being on the same wavelength as to where things are going is the key.  

Which is all well and good until DOCTOR EVIL shows up to throw a spanner in the works! Twisted Evil

Presenting Doctor Evil in... The Bard of Evil!

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Evil_as_bond_1a

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51140825942_e9f31249f7_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142602890_f04f6918dd_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142602395_4848b522d4_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142601825_38bce35a50_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142275519_ce6f2a247f_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142275154_92659346ac_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51140823097_018284da88_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142600090_397f5a4875_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142273914_2e67a5390b_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142273579_2cebe0b612_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51140821617_27aa4d77e1_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142598620_08227a436d_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142272264_87aff03af8_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51141706718_81975e3c07_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142597460_159c3107ac_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51142271139_ee2a74eeb2_c

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51141705538_3e894bb7dc_c

16BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems Empty Dr/ Evil's Crush on Kamiko Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:03 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
For those of you not on AMMO and who have not had the opportunity to experience the whole history between Dr. Evil and Kamiko Takahara, let us simply say that the pointy-eared freak is obsessed with Kamiko, having had a deep crush on her for quite some time.  At first, Kamiko found him incredibly annoying, but  he's grown on her a bit over time, and the recent truce she agreed to with Cousin Monday, by whose terms she is not allowed to come down and slaughter everyone in the Doctor's lair has softened up her attitude and allowed her to be a little more friendly.  

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51180727221_c773e6b4cb_b
Page_1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51181817010_172310e03a_b
Page_2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51181816575_3ca90c7266_b
Page_3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix Presents - Hidden In The Shadows - Chapter Twenty Nine- Auld Agents, Auld Problems 51180943978_bc9a2a68e2_b
Page_4 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
lol! lol! lol! Pure quality! That Dr. Evil and his twin crack me up every time, whilst the super col Kamiko just takes it all in her stride!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I rather enjoyed the Shakespearean bit.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:I rather enjoyed the Shakespearean bit.

We're nothin' but high-class and sophistication around here! Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum