OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jurassic Pratt

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Allotropos

GubernatorFan wrote:TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Jurass18
I love this pic ! Looks like mama rex taking baby rex out for stroll !
Thanks for sharing mama rex is huge !

22TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:13 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thank you, Allotropos! Glad you like them. Of course, with a sixth-scale figure thrown in, these become preteen sis and baby sis instead of mom and baby. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

23TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:16 pm

skywalkersaga

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, GF....it's absolutely delightful! What a great find. And even more impressive is that you managed to create a backdrop that was big enough to go behind the T-Rex. :'D

24TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:10 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Glad you liked it. The right type and size backdrop was a bit of a challenge but it worked out in the end. It remains useful, even after the dinos are gone -- I left them behind for a friend's kids when I moved.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

25TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:49 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ah, so fantastic !. Please remember the Dark elven rider i want to see Laughing The big one can open / close the mouth ?

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Cold_o11
TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 25356410

26TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is a very good idea. You'd make it perfectly. They both can open and close their mouths -- I mean a person can open and close their mouths for them or something. If I remember correctly, if you open the big one's mouth enough, it roars.

27TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Very amusing and clever, but where did he get the Beretta M1938 submachinegun? It would seem a bit under powered for this environment ;o)

28TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Very amusing and clever, but where did he get the Beretta M1938 submachinegun?  It would seem a bit under powered for this environment ;o)

Thank you. Not sure really, it might have come from one of those old Sideshow James Bond-related sets (maybe). Characters in the Jurassic Park franchise are often equipped with weapons that to my underinformed mind seem at least remotely similar in size and appearance. Do bear in mind that (a) this was not a thought-out story, just a presentation of some repainted (dinos) and kitbashed (Pratt) figures, and (b) when it comes to modern firearms, with a couple of exceptions my expertise generally extends no further than (usually!) being able to tell which is the business end of the gun. Wink

29TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Very amusing and clever, but where did he get the Beretta M1938 submachinegun?  It would seem a bit under powered for this environment ;o)

Thank you. Not sure really, it might have come from one of those old Sideshow James Bond-related sets (maybe). Characters in the Jurassic Park franchise are often equipped with weapons that to my underinformed mind seem at least remotely similar in size and appearance. Do bear in mind that (a) this was not a thought-out story, just a presentation of some repainted (dinos) and kitbashed (Pratt) figures, and (b) when it comes to modern firearms, with a couple of exceptions my expertise generally extends no further than (usually!) being able to tell which is the business end of the gun. Wink

It's not that modern; it's WWII Italian Army issue. Would have been used into the 1950's I think. Today, a collector's market item. Will still kill a human very dead though. A T-Rex, maybe not so much.

30TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:It's not that modern; it's WWII Italian Army issue.  Would have been used into the 1950's I think.  Today, a collector's market item.  Will still kill a human very dead though.  A T-Rex, maybe not so much.

You certainly know your stuff (I looked it up after you identified it). I have no idea where I (or Chris) got it from; apparently there is a 1/6 version made by Dragon. Maybe it was lying around in a forgotten Fascist bunker on Isla Nublar?

31TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:59 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:It's not that modern; it's WWII Italian Army issue.  Would have been used into the 1950's I think.  Today, a collector's market item.  Will still kill a human very dead though.  A T-Rex, maybe not so much.

You certainly know your stuff (I looked it up after you identified it). I have no idea where I (or Chris) got it from; apparently there is a 1/6 version made by Dragon. Maybe it was lying around in a forgotten Fascist bunker on Isla Nublar?

I have a modest collection of firearms, but when I was 14 or 15, I bought a copy of WHB Smith's magnum opus, Small Arms of the World, (10th revised edition) Which is a massive compendium of all the small arms of the 20th century (up to that point), by country of origin, (and usage) containing information on operation and stripping.  Needless to say, your Beretta M38 is included.  

Also needless to say, I spent a lot too much time with my nose in that book.

Also, quantities of these were sold to Costa Rica at one point, so it's not impossible that one (or many) ended up on Isla Nublar.

32TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ok. After we have clarified that... where get the racoon get his machine gun from ? Very Happy

... and please, Gube. Don´t tell me : I don´t know. Ask him by Yourself Laughing

33TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:30 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Ok. After we have clarified that... where get the racoon get his machine gun from ? Very Happy

... and please, Gube. Don´t tell me : I don´t know. Ask him by Yourself Laughing

I did as you bid me, but he said that he stole it from some big dumb titan who didn't know a thing about guns while he wasn't looking. After that I put him back in his box to think about the things he says and the way he hurts people's feelings. Smile

Realizing that this is no more helpful to you than it is to me, here is another photo (you've probably already seen)...

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Rocket10

34TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:06 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ephiane wrote:Ok. After we have clarified that... where get the racoon get his machine gun from ? Very Happy

As one can plainly see, his weapon is a folding stock Kalashnikov. Not only is the AK-47 the Big Mac of the old communist world, it's the weapon of choice among 9 out of 10 large rodents.

35TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
9 out of 10 large rodents? Wow, and I thought Rocket was exceptional. Smile I believe this AK came from the Sideshow Pierce Brosnan Goldeneye James Bond set, which is probably why I was thinking the other weapon might have come from one of those too.

36TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:9 out of 10 large rodents? Wow, and I thought Rocket was exceptional. Smile I believe this AK came from the Sideshow Pierce Brosnan Goldeneye James Bond set, which is probably why I was thinking the other weapon might have come from one of those too.

I think it would more likely come from a Dragon WWII kits.  They released a lot dealing with the Italian campaign and the M38 was used not only by the Italians but also a lot of German units.  In fact these German units loved them for their ruggedness and reliability, even over their own MP40's.  But then again, maybe it does come from a James Bond set.....

37TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:9 out of 10 large rodents? Wow, and I thought Rocket was exceptional. Smile I believe this AK came from the Sideshow Pierce Brosnan Goldeneye James Bond set, which is probably why I was thinking the other weapon might have come from one of those too.

I think it would more likely come from a Dragon WWII kits.  They released a lot dealing with the Italian campaign and the M38 was used not only by the Italians but also a lot of German units.  In fact these German units loved them for their ruggedness and reliability, even over their own MP40's.  But then again, maybe it does come from a James Bond set.....

I did some more checking and that James Bond set actually came with AK-74, which is very similar looking to AK-47. I suppose mystery solved.

http://cooltoyreview.com/SSC_007_BondGoldeneye.asp

38TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

I did some more checking and that James Bond set actually came with AK-74, which is very similar looking to AK-47. I suppose mystery solved.

http://cooltoyreview.com/SSC_007_BondGoldeneye.asp

The AK-74 is a scaled down version of the AK-47, using the 5.45mm x 39mm cartridge instead of the 7.62 x 39mm cartridge. The Russians have been using it since the 1970's.

39TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:45 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Nicely done! I think the dinosaurs are great. It's toys like these that often send me down some interesting paths for 1/6 ideas. I can't have a full size ( 1:6) T-Rex model, but one that is rider sized works great.
Wondering what Dino Lord was thinking about the appearance of a Trash Panda?

40TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:Nicely done! I think the dinosaurs are great. It's toys like these that often send me down some interesting paths for 1/6 ideas. I can't have a full size ( 1:6)  T-Rex model, but one that is rider sized works great. Wondering what Dino Lord was thinking about the appearance of a Trash Panda?

I'm glad you liked them, and welcome back. I think Dino Lord has seen weirder things than that. Smile

41TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:14 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
That is so cool. I was stoked when I saw those huge T-Rex's at Target and you are making great use of them.
Excellent indeed buddy.

42TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:That is so cool. I was stoked when I saw those huge T-Rex's at Target and you are making great use of them. Excellent indeed buddy.

Thank you very much, glad you liked them. I've seen some still around in some stores, if someone wants to get and maybe customize some of them.

43TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:In celebration of the new film, which I am hoping to see on Friday (so please no spoilers), and inspired by Michael Crawford and Bad Wolf, I picked up a couple of items for a Jurassic Park scene -- of sorts, since it also brings in other Chris Pratt material (I borrowed the title "Jurassic Pratt" from my friend Chris L). I used partly repainted Mattel Tyrannosaurus Rex figures (both the 23-inch and 43-inch ones) which are pretty nice, although they have various issues (I could go on) and the scale means they are playing the parts of growing dinos.

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Jurass10

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Jurass11

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Jurass12

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Jurass13

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Jurass14

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Jurass15

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Jurass16

TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Jurass17

I hope you like them, goofy as they are.

#jurassicpark #jurassicworld #chrispratt #tyrannosaurus #hottoys #tbleague #mattel #custom #kitbash

Wow! that are awesome! I love that T-rex! bounce bounce bounce

44TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Wow! that are awesome! I love that T-rex! bounce bounce bounce

Thank you very much. Glad you liked them. That T-rex (or both of them) is possibly still to be found, and maybe for a clearance price somewhere. At least that was the case last summer.

45TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:48 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Wow! that are awesome! I love that T-rex! bounce bounce bounce

Thank you very much. Glad you liked them. That T-rex (or both of them) is possibly still to be found, and maybe for a clearance price somewhere. At least that was the case last summer.

Cool! I will have to keep an eye open Very Happy Very Happy , thanks

46TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You're welcome. Last I saw it, it was at Target, but I bought it from a Walmart (that was a couple years ago). They are pretty neat, each with its advantages or limitations. I did re-paint a little bit. No longer own them, as I left them for a friend's granddaughter when I moved. Sometimes I miss them (especially when I get the idea of a dino scene), but I guess I have enough toys. Smile

47TBLeague - Jurassic Pratt - Page 2 Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:03 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:You're welcome. Last I saw it, it was at Target, but I bought it from a Walmart (that was a couple years ago). They are pretty neat, each with its advantages or limitations. I did re-paint a little bit. No longer own them, as I left them for a friend's granddaughter when I moved. Sometimes I miss them (especially when I get the idea of a dino scene), but I guess I have enough toys. Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy That was really kind! Laughing Laughing Laughing Can we have too many toys?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum