OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jurassic Park Repaints

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jurassic Park Repaints Empty Jurassic Park Repaints Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:48 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
I had been loving the Mattel Jurassic Park: Amber Collection run of 1/12 figures. It's recently been discontinued, however, but here are some of the repaints I had done.

Jurassic Park Repaints 51899865005_4c17721aa1_c
Jurassic Park Repaints 51899540429_d70d0ceb99_c

Dr. Grant came with two heads, the sunglasses fit on both. I added a little daub of gel glue for his mole.
I may redo his hat at some point.

Jurassic Park Repaints 51898252472_94989696aa_c

Nedry came with two heads as well, both got repainted. I'm planning on doing some venom effects, probably out of hot glue, for his alternate head.

Jurassic Park Repaints 51899540424_017d507e3f_c
Muldoon is one I was really excited for. Repainted both his heads...I actually remembered a 'Before' for this one.

I added a bit more gloss to the 'Clever Girl' head to help simulate how sweaty he was in that scene.

Jurassic Park Repaints 51812144186_f477141cbd_c
There's a decent Bob Peck hiding under that factory paint.

I also sourced him a couple weapons. I drilled out his wrist holes a little to accept Marvel Legends hands, which give a lot more variety for poses and the like.

Jurassic Park Repaints 51833982309_f9113f2ac8_c
The Spas-12 is 3D printed, with an articulated stock.

Jurassic Park Repaints 51833627421_dd9159518f_c
The .45 is a Marvel Legends piece which I repainted.

I was planning on doing Malcolm, Ellie and Hammond but as soon as they announced the discontinuation of the line, they yanked them all off my local TRU's shelves.

2Jurassic Park Repaints Empty Re: Jurassic Park Repaints Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:10 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
These look great, especially compared to "before" pictures.
Any advice on painting bearded faces at this scale?
I have an unpainted John Wick head (and another on the way; the first one happened to be too small) and I dread to approach painting it...

P.s. it's always sad when a line gets discontinued.

3Jurassic Park Repaints Empty Re: Jurassic Park Repaints Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:34 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Visisonor wrote:These look great, especially compared to "before" pictures.
Any advice on painting bearded faces at this scale?
I have an unpainted John Wick head (and another on the way; the first one happened to be too small) and I dread to approach painting it...

P.s. it's always sad when a line gets discontinued.

Thanks a lot! If you're going for Keanu's patchy mid-beard look, I'd suggest getting the flesh painted on first, and then using a dark grey/off black wash to block in the facial hair. To make it thinner, apply a light wash or two of the skintone over the black. Sometimes it's best to do that before sealing because you can mix the two layers a bit more where you need.

If you're going for a fuller beard look, and it's sculpted, it'll be an easier time for sure.
Jurassic Park Repaints 51913113802_6bd221f1ac_b

4Jurassic Park Repaints Empty Re: Jurassic Park Repaints Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice work, as always. It is very cool that you are giving these an upgrade.

5Jurassic Park Repaints Empty Re: Jurassic Park Repaints Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:36 am

Diana

Diana
Wow!
A "before" picture is definitely helpful to appreciate the improvements. Smile
Great upgrades!

6Jurassic Park Repaints Empty Re: Jurassic Park Repaints Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:41 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks for checking these out, I really appreciate it Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum