OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Saturn

Saturn
BBICN Shanghai flagship Taobao store GACTOYS 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture GC043

[= the plain body is now used wheat color, there is a slight color difference. After the production of large goods we will match the white skin body tuned to good. Try to achieve no color difference]

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215913nzcrrwvlmsnz8eaw
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215915on4h2nhw0ddgl2zh
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215922p2kl9m9j9b2r6m1k
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215907rtlxdtxn0l0amypx
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215909c4b2v0b242goyoey
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215910l8auudy2322u2dem
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215912a92mdur7j2pord7m
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215921w3li3o9ekiomkr4o
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215919ohq3a833k8efbbey
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215918ddvlivs79kb0cbfx
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215903g69vk4esjazznnj6
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215906z3a5ag78gyagvzya
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) 215916mzere7e7vd7dayfz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There's not a lot of subtlety in these promotional materials, eh? The head looks interesting, just a little different from what we usually get. But I just don't love that slightly open mouth look...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GAC doing themselves no favours with their promo shoots again. Smile

Cheesecakeyness aside, it's too pinky-orangey for that TBL body, it would look much better on one of the later pinkish-red suntan models. I suppose they're to be applauded for not trying to cover it with photoshopping, though.

It's quite unusual to see an 'overbite' like this in a 1/6 sculpt even though it's a common physical characteristic in real life, and I sort of like the expression, but I don't know if I'll buy it.

EDIT: It's starting to grow on me though, now that I'm mentally editing out the body they're using. Actually, I like it more than their last 'Taylor Swift' effort, or those (shudder) 'smiling' heads they've been churning out recently.

Ghost808

Ghost808
As GeeWillikers said, what is up with that colour matching??
Who ok's shots like this for marketing?

I'm definitely out on these. Her teeth look enormous, like a bunny. Her eyes are too tiny, and slightly droop to the outer corners. She sort of looks....well, for want of a nicer term...dumb! Like somebody just asked her to name a US state, and she's struggling to think of even one!...eeeeerm???

I'm not saying all female 1/6 heads need to be super models, but they need to have a bit of quirk or charm at least. These are lacking sadly.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I dunno, I think it's quite a refreshing change.  I'm thinking it'd be OK for a 'gawky'-type girl, maybe with some spectacles on it.

If it turns up cheap at GianToy, I might well get one.

The in hand colour-matching with TBL bodies is a common issue with GAC heads, by the way - they tend toward the pinky-orangeyish (they match better with Jaiou 'wheat' bodies if you can tolerate Jaiou's comparative disadvantages). They look fine under certain light conditions and photograph well enough, though. As they tend to be 'glam' you can usually handwave it as 'makeup'.

I've not seen this obvious a mismatch before, however.

My last GAC head was the very nice Gal Gadot-alike where they toned out the pinkishness a little.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Ghost808 wrote:
I'm definitely out on these. Her teeth look enormous, like a bunny.

That was my first thought as well.

“Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?”  -  Garth from “Wayne’s World”

I do give these companies credit for trying something different but it sure is hard to pull off…although there is a certain quirky charm there.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Xavion2004 wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:
I'm definitely out on these. Her teeth look enormous, like a bunny.

That was my first thought as well.

“Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?”  -  Garth from “Wayne’s World”

I do give these companies credit for trying something different but it sure is hard to pull off…although there is a certain quirky charm there.
🤣🤣🤣 I loved that movie!

I guess it does have a uniqueness at least. I'm sure there will be a use for it to somebody, and at least it isn't just a tweaked repeat of what we have seen 1000 times before. I'll give Gac credit for that.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GeeWillikers wrote:GAC doing themselves no favours with their promo shoots again. Smile

It's quite unusual to see an 'overbite' like this in a 1/6 sculpt even though it's a common physical characteristic in real life, and I sort of like the expression, but I don't know if I'll buy it..

That’s a very good point.  I do get a sense of familiarity, especially with the B version.  Seeing it on a 1/6 sculpt seems so out of context, but then you stop and realize that you’ve known and/or seen a lot of very attractive girls in real life with an overbite or even just predominant front teeth, and then the sculpt starts to become attractive.

That makes me feel even more strongly that they went completely in  the wrong direction with the racy photoshoot.  They should have dressed her in some casual outfits like jeans, t-shirts, and jackets and marketed her as a “girl next door” type.

EDIT:  I just realized why the sculpt looks so familiar, especially the B version.

Mayim Bialik

Google images of her when she’s not in Amy Farrah Fowler mode.  That is totally who this sculpt is based on…which makes the lingerie seem even more out of context. She even had a serious overbite when she was young, but she couldn’t get braces because she was always on camera. The overbite was eventually minimized/corrected through headgear and retainers worn at night.

GeeWillikers wrote:I dunno, I think it's quite a refreshing change.  I'm thinking it'd be OK for a 'gawky'-type girl, maybe with some spectacles on it.

You totally nailed it.  Wink

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Xavion2004 wrote: I just realized why the sculpt looks so familiar, especially the B version.

Mayim Bialik

Oh yeah! I can definitely see that now you mention her, and yes, 'B' especially. And even more so with those imaginary glasses. Smile

Definitely the wrong body though - it would probably look a lot better on an S28 or 29.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Man, we were a little tough on the sculpt, but translate the bbs.bbicn.com New Products Announcements page.  Those posters are brutal!  Laughing

Saturn

Saturn
GeeWillikers wrote:It's quite unusual to see an 'overbite' like this in a 1/6 sculpt even though it's a common physical characteristic in real life, and I sort of like the expression, but I don't know if I'll buy it.

I agree, I am also happy with these details. By the way, there is also a slight overbite e.g. at SDH020.

Saturn

Saturn
[quote="Xavion2004"]
GeeWillikers wrote:GAC doing themselves no favours with their promo shoots again. Smile
EDIT:  I just realized why the sculpt looks so familiar, especially the B version.

Mayim Bialik

Indeed! Very Happy

But I can also imagine a badass rock lady with this headsculpt.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Xavion2004 wrote:Man, we were a little tough on the sculpt, but translate the bbs.bbicn.com New Products Announcements page.  Those posters are brutal!  Laughing
You are not kidding! 😆
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new: 1/6 Asian classic beauty head sculpture [GC043] - a total of two AB art color spring and autumn (slightly NSFW) Screen10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum