OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dioramas in a bookshelf

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 Empty Re: Dioramas in a bookshelf Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 am

Moonbase Alpha Male

There is indeed way to an abundance of good work here, so well done ElBundy, way to make an entrance here!

Probably any single one of these would have been an impressive thread subject by itself, but as others have found above, my favorite is the photo studio. Particularly the monitor screen matching up to what is being photographed -- a clever and convincing detail that sells the reality.

Where your displays are made to fit inside the cube form of an IKEA shelf, that constraint necessarily gets you past the lazy limitation that most of us experience when we are making dioramas to be photographed -- which is just photographing a staged scene from front and center, and the picture border just cuts off what is on the left and the right. But how much more convincing does the picture become when you see a corner, or ideally even two corners, as you do. It's almost like the days of early movie making, when they used to shoot every scene locked in like a proscenium arch theatre stage, and then suddenly they figured out how you could use angles and camera placements to make an impact. Setting up 1/6 side walls (instead of a mere backdrop) takes more work but it's one of the things that make these ELBundy displays much more convincing. Something I myself too frequently fail to do, so it's good to be reminded.

27Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 Empty Re: Dioramas in a bookshelf Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:14 am

Theboo-bomb

Those are some great dioramas, very well put together too and the figures are fantastic.

28Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 Empty An appartement in a shelf Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:18 am

ElBundy

One more example for a diorama in an IKEA-Shelf. I tried to create the optical illusion of a corridor on the right by choosing a perspective photo.

Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 51358417204_5b8aed7b9b_z1

Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 51358417114_791589aba7_z2

Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 51358417059_155682a274_z3

Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 51358693600_4890e33fd2_z4

Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 51356935407_218515761b_z5

29Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 Empty Re: Dioramas in a bookshelf Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:49 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very nice job. Is the hardwood floor a glossy print? Looks just right, as does the wall with the window and posters. Nice selection of furniture and accessories, which really sell the realism. Are they watching Amazon FireTV? Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

30Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 Empty Re: Dioramas in a bookshelf Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:59 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
GubernatorFan wrote: Is the hardwood floor a glossy print? ......Are they watching Amazon FireTV? Smile
Yes, walls and floor are glossy posterprints. I think it is an Apple TV screen.

31Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 Empty Re: Dioramas in a bookshelf Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:44 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
very clever stuff! nicely matched flooring too. Looks brilliant!

32Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 Empty Re: Dioramas in a bookshelf Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another cool room. Well done with the whole environment and accessories.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dioramas in a bookshelf - Page 2 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum