OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s a week away! Marvel Studios’ first animated series, What If…?, is taking fans on an adventure to explore pivotal moments from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and reimagining famous events from the films in unexpected ways.

Therefore to prepare fans for the upcoming release, Hot Toys is excited to officially introduce Zombie Hunter Spider-Man as the first 1/6th scale collectible figure from What If…? collection. Meet your favorite characters in the looks you’ve never seen them before!

Expertly crafted based on the appearance of Zombie Hunter Spider-Man in the soon-to-be-released animation series, the 1/6th scale figure features a newly crafted masked head sculpt with multiple interchangeable right eye pieces to create different combinations of expressions; a greatly poseable figure body; finely tailored Zombie Hunter Spider-Man suit following the classic blue and red color scheme with a Cloak of Levitation in burgundy; a number of interchangeable hands for signature poses; assorted web effect accessories, and a dynamic figure stand.

Kick start your collection on What If…? with the new Zombie Hunter Spider-Man figure now!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS058
PRODUCT NAMEZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED MASKED HEAD SCULPT WITH 3 PAIRS OF INTERCHANGEABLE EYE PIECES
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale Zombie Hunter Spider-Man Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Zombie Hunter Spider-Man in What If…?
- One (1) newly developed masked head sculpt with three (3) pairs of interchangeable eye pieces that can create numerous combinations of expressions
- Approximately 30cm tall
- Specialized body with over 30 points of articulations
- Ten (10) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of opened hands
- One (1) pair of web shooting hands
- One (1) pair of cobweb swinging hands
- One (1) pair of gesture hands

Costume :
- One (1) red and blue colored Zombie Hunter Spider-Man Suit with grayish black trims, cobweb pattern and black spider emblem on chest
- One (1) pair of silver colored web shooters
- One (1) burgundy-colored cloak (Cloak of Levitation) (embedded with bendable wire & magnetic feature)

Accessories:
- Six (6) strings of spider web in different shapes and lengths, attachable to the web-shooters
- One (1) open spider web effect accessory
- A dynamic figure stand with series logo and character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2022

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© 2021 Marvel.
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11517
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2851
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3554
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4503
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5480
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6452
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7436
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8413
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9397
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10376
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11518
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12337
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13320
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14297
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15277
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16255
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17238
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18224

#newproduct #HotToys #Whatif? #ZombieHunter #Spider-Man #male #Marvel #MCU #animatedseries #Disney+

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What If?... More like, Why Bother...?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm... well, I'm not one to talk, since I've never been super gung-ho about Spider-Man and on top of that I feel we've seen more than enough (two possibly related but still separate things). So I also don't feel the need for "what ifs." However, it does look like a nice figure (no surprise there), and it occurs to me that even if someone simply wanted a regular Spidey from HT and was not finding one (due to scarcity or cost), they could go for this -- especially if that cape is removable easily enough. Then again, there is no unmasked head sculpt (and if so, which one), etc., etc.

davidd

davidd
Throw a cape on Spider Man and call him a Zombie Hunter?

If he's a Zombie Hunter, shouldn't he also carry a pump-action shotgun?

(Let me answer that one for you: YES, YOU NEED A SHOTGUN TO BE A ZOMBIE HUNTER!)

I'm probably misremembering, but it seems like I read somewhere, decades ago, that part of the design concept when the Mighty Marvel Bullpen created Spiderman was that he would NOT have a cape, specifically to differentiate him from Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, and the whole "standard" super-hero look.

Here we are, more than half a century later, everyone involved with the original creation of the character is long retired or deceased, and the new crew says, "Hey! How about Spider Man... with a cape!"

I'm not even a hardcore comic book fan, and I find this kind of annoying. Okay, really annoying!

Maybe I'm gettin' old. Maybe the young whipper-snappers will think it's cool.

But it's not cool. It's... not Spider Man.

And he needs a shotgun.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Hot Toys’s recent marketing Mix-n-Match strategy makes “new” figures out of nowhere.  They reissue Dr Strange’s head on a reissued Iron Man body and call it “Iron Strange.”  They put Dr Strange’s cape on Spider-Man and call it Zombie Hunter Spider-Man.  Then Spider-Man but in Black Panther colors is “Black and Gold Suit.”  And not a single new element in the bunch, these figures are creatively and imaginatively bankrupt.  Let’s be charitable, and assume Hot Toys is desperate for a quick cash boost/grab from pre-existing elements, to offset the financial hits of COVID-19.  Marvel’s upcoming “What If” TV series fits in perfectly, and even gives a kind of fake legitimacy to this method.

The thing is, these are the kinds of “oddball concept” action figures that maybe made sense at the level of $15 retail figures (when retail figures used to cost $15).  Zombie Hunter Spider-Man isn’t going to be anybody’s first or even fourth Spider-Man but at the level of mass-retail $15 action figures, why not? However  1/6 should be different.  I just can’t believe that the likes of Zombie Hunter Spider-Man and Iron Strange are really viable with the much higher  levels of financial commitment, or display space, required by high-end 1/6.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm with you, but then again I'm not exactly their target audience (not enough of a superhero fanboy).

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm with you, but then again I'm not exactly their target audience (not enough of a superhero fanboy).

A bunch of boxes in my basement, and a lighter wallet in my pocket, suggest that I can't be too far from the target audience; but still these particular hybrid variant figures do nothing for me.

csyeung

csyeung
This one is pricey for a pretty bare bones offering. I love spidey, but what really bothers me with this and the classic spider-man they are making is that the webbing is protruding on the hands and mask, but flat or diveted on the body. Can't blame hot toys for this design though, I'm pretty sure it's how it will be for the new disney+ tv series, so you'd have to lay it on them heh.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is definitely the kind of stuff that pisses me off, and it seems that most agree with me. This seems to be a recurring problem, not just with comic books (no offense Craig), but in Hollywood in general. Because we have zero creativity (for the most part), let's take someone else's creation and reimagine it into something NO ONE asked for. If these a-holes are so devoid of imagination that they can't come up with their own character -- get out of the business. But, maybe that's just me -- it appears that most of the newer creators have so little creativity that they are now all about money (James Bond, Spider-Man, Star Wars, etc. sells -- so let's cash in on "Name Brand" while completely $h!ting all over it).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WHAT IF…? ZOMBIE HUNTER SPIDER-MAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
To be fair, it goes into a broader discussion about creator rights. Because many of the creators are effectively work for hire, the big two, more recently, don't create many new characters because they will then need to pay the freelancers creator royalties. Hence you see a lot of creators move off and create their own properties independantly (image is a great source of new material) but will face an uphill battle gaining a following. Successful ones do well, like walking dead and the boys. Invincible did ok due to Kirkman's previous successes. Millar properties seems to be struggling a bit, like Jupiter's legacy but he's signed a deal with netflix so there will be more to come. Old guard was ok i think (Greg Rucka). Sweet tooth did ok as well, but I'm not sure the deal Jeff Lemire has with DC. I'm sure many have already heard Ed Brubaker vent about the lack of royalties for his creation of the winter soldier, which the powers that be determined since it was technically an existing character (Bucky barnes) he wasn't owed any creator rights for that. Hence rehashing/mixing existing characters are of benefit to the big 2 because then they don't have to pay out. At least that's how I'm seeing it.

In contrast I have heard that due to the provisions that Jim Shooter set in place back in the day, creators like Rob Leifeld (deadpool) and Bill Mantlo (Rocket Racoon) were compensated adequately for the appearance of those characters in the movies, at least way better than Brubaker. Heck, Scarlett Johansson has to sue Disney for the Disney + revenue because the same day streaming release wasn't a thing back in 2017 when she negotiated for a piece of the box office. So everything gets murky in terms of wanting to create new characters and great storylines but also getting appropriately compensated. We tend to see all these rehashed/remixed characters due to this which does suck. I mean there are characters that do pop up now and then, but how far they manifest into other media, that's anyone's guess. My buddy created Runaways and the new Ms Marvel, I do hope he gets compensated properly for them, especially ms marvel because technically that is a legacy title that's been used in the past and that there's no loophole.

Sorry for the longwinded reply, but personally I think it's more a money thing that is stagnating the creation of new characters and stories at the big two. I also heard that Paul Dini took care of his creators at DC as well but who knows what will happen in the future as we've seen an upheaval there with the new owners (At&t).  Sorry this is getting so off topic heh. If you're looking for new properties and characters, it's more likely to come from outside of the Big 2 these days. (James Tynion is one to follow, I heard Department of truth and Something is killing the children are really good)

davidd

davidd
csyeung wrote:I also heard that Paul Dini took care of his creators at DC as well but who knows what will happen in the future as we've seen an upheaval there with the new owners (At&t).  

Wait... AT&T is buying DC Comics? The phone company is buying a comic book company?

What th' heck is going on in the world? Soon... just like Lex Luthor... only one or two MEGA-corporations will own EVERYTHING... and everyone!

Okay, I see that I've been out of the loop for a while now. AT&T owns DC and a bunch of related properties. They only care about the broadcast stuff. AT&T is not interested in comics, only in the currently lucrative character licenses. And... there's talk that they might sell DC to Marvel?

Sorry... off topic... except kind of not. Disney owns almost everything already, including Marvel. The phone company owns whatever Disney doesn't. They're duking it out over the streaming dollars.

And a handful of guys in the rapidly disintegrating comic book divisions, both DC and Marvel, are desperately trying to show the Big Bosses at Corporate that what they do is both relevant and profitable. So we end up with... Spider Man in a cape.

Things were a lot better back in the days when a comic book company just made comic books, and licensed a few toys. IMHO, 'natch!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
This figure exists because this version of Spiderman will be in the "What if?" show that starts this month, so can't blame HT for this versions existence. It is Dr Strange's cape too so not a cape for no reason.

Iron Strange was less necessary as a figure. However, many people (myself included) had been kitbashing Iron Strange figures as the concept art/deleted scenes were a cool idea, so of course HT saw an opportunity. Iron Strange also includes accessories that were missing from the original MK50 so it has uses....

TBH, I am actually happy to see figures from cartoons, deleted scenes, concept art etc, as it brings a little variety and opens the door to more obscure figures down the line.

All that said, this Spiderman looks nice and seems to be based on the Disneyland version of the suit with the spider emblem and silver wrist covers. I do fear though that the suit will degrade quickly so not something I will buy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum