OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I was looking for something unique to add to my new lamp (that I found on the street as I did the table) as a centre piece to hang over my 1/6 Iron Man and LOTR/THT figures that stood out for all the right reasons; I was going to get the HT PC game version of the Iron Spider to do this (probably still will Wink ) but decided he would still blend in too much with all the Iron Man red and gold on the table. Then I saw this guy, only one I could find for sale so perhaps a limited release? I'm not interested in the character himself (he's an alien who fights the new "Iron Manesque" Ultraman and occasionally sides with him) For info on him go here:
https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Bemular_(ULTRAMAN)#Manga

Personally I just love the aggressive design of the suit and how it appears to hover rather than stand (although it can do both with no issues), while being unique it also has an aesthetic style that coincidently shares attributes in design with my Iron Man collection below on one side AND with my 'The Hobbit' custom built Ring Wraiths and Sauron himself, which creates a 'bridge' between the two collections.

Quick quality and feel overview: Heavy, very heavy! (I've used braided wire fishing line to suspend him as I didn't have confidence in regular fishing line for his weight). His clever locking stand (take notes Hot Toys!) will support his weight but I'm not sure if I'd trust it on a glass table or high shelf, you wouldn't want this sharp metal infused heavy figure landing on your head and this is coming from a guy who lives surrounded by exposed live sword blades suspended all over the house, (seriously over 100!).

All the joints are great except the head won't tilt back very far unlike their version of Ultraman ( also reviewed here:https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1426-much-lighter-faster-loading-pics-now-1-6-ultraman-7-3-armoured-figure-in-hand-reveiw-w-weapons-pack-die-cast-parts?highlight=ultraman). Nearly every piece of armour on this figure is articulated on a hidden ball joint, all the leg segments and shoulder armour in particular, there are also opening vents for propulsion ports similar to an Iron Man or Warmachine figure just a little underwhelming in comparison, these are located on the chest, the shoulder blades and 3 on each calf armour. The electrics are very basic and simple to get at on the figure, pull off the top of the helmet and press a switch, undo the clavicle armour (clips into chest and is articulated on a small ball joint)  and pull off the chest armour and behind it is the PCB with batteries and switch, the supplied batteries literally died within a few minutes and I haven't got around to changing them, pretty much the same story with every Hot Toys figure I own too! Wink

The accessories are plentiful a great but no articulated hands which is a bummer, there are however plenty of posed ones to choose from pair of: fists, gesturing (that can also hold the smaller beams just by luck and not design I think), splayed with pegs for attaching all accessories and a single right hand with permanently attached big flat translucent blue energy beam coming out of the bottom of the palm at a weird Ultraman specific angle that limits is use in posing a lot. There are two sets of translucent red beams, small and large (thin and fat), the large ones don't like to stay on if faced downwards which has kind of ruined the pose I want him in as he now has the small ones instead; I think the peg system should have been reversed, there's obviously a reason why every other toy company on Earth plug a beam into a hole and don't do it this way. All the effects parts are L&R specific too as the pegs on the hands are 'keyed' and the shape of the effect is matched to either L or R hand including the Energy Ball attachment pieces which is why there are two but only one hole in the ball itself. The ball itself has plenty of LEDs that light it up nicely by tapping on it once you've put the batteries in which is shown in the instructions, it lasts for about 10 seconds pulsing and diming towards the end and at the beginning I think. I say I think because mine has stopped working properly, the motion activated switch is a bit dodgy on my figure, probably got some rust in the switch's contacts as I found rust on the battery contacts, I guess their supplier of electronic components is a bit dodgy too! Easily fixed I imagine but haven't got around to it yet.

Lots of pics to do the talking now, including comparisons with the HT IM MK45, the HT Ultron Prime and my customised Ultraman figure turned into Pepper Potts' Rescue/First Aid comic's armour. I'm thinking of this guy as Marvel's Black Knight as he was an enemy of IM but also an ally at times, he has the corrupted blood red sword from when he and his ancestors fell to the bloodthirsty curse of the magic sword, he also has what could pass for the Shield Of Darkness absorbing power (the energy ball in this case) and the Sword Of Light (the blue beam effect) which were used in concert with each other; the shield feeding the sword energy. He could also fly in the cartoons with a rather daft rocket sled with horse's saddle.... I like the idea of him being self propelled personally... info on The Black Knight here although I had been thinking of the cartoon version in 'Iron Man: Armoured Adventures':

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal HS3QHRg

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal L4PfIzy

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 4jYuB5j

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal DRYkQCX

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal PCau2jF

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal GGB9SzY

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 0MSQAKW

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal X8oQ8K8

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal C2IYSr8

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal ZE7FPM6

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal ERKDGoQ

CLEVER STAND CLAMP LOCK, A PIECE CLIPS IN BLOCKING THE HINGE

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal TuK2qI2

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal UC8Kofm

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal TAAcHmW

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal HbG7zPh

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal J7zOMgz

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal IQW0H11

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 1bhrRms

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal B6awG7v

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal ITxyka4

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal ZuSYdUi

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal GmgjPXm

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal BXF9cjq

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal Kq4UhgQ

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal PmOgIkm

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal GbmM22j

VENTS

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal Krv64ZL

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal HPQP3wE

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal HQT1gbf

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal Cmpoz34

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal WwsrLZt

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 40IllqX

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal YEQnpTj

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 40IllqX

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal Q3uSxor

HIDDEN/SUBTLE ARTICULATION

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal Wwqseaq

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal J5N0fts

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal L1LdL7d

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal QAluaxQ

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal P5ESIZK

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 30Y76YD

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal PU9WzfY

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal LYR5Pp0

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal N7eVXrU

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal SCqXcgz

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal Ko1LyWy

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal RbfJ60l

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 5d1klNb

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 0ntpmu0

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal QcjKMVF

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal QujkByM

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal GzDTFTF

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal GoguDfi

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal HwLbWTy

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal UDTRIjQ

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal ZcvWBaD

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal LMduGQn

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal H37PzvS

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 2y072to

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 9JoB3aE

ELECTRONICS

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal S48XMqS

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal EqwXuaj

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal MQrAD4v

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal UCU7Vwa

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal RPuc4nq

CROPPED AND BLOWN UP 400% SORRY.

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal GqaNo9Z

COMPARISONS

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 7CBJUFn

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal TdFKtWc

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 7xsjsXJ

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal L0TaEsF

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal T9CQK8E

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal X88kKZ3

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 34FiX67

ULTRAMAN HEAD

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal BLr8cBb

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal TrtxFgi

FREESTANDING ON FEET

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal Dqj6LLg

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal FVOqaeG

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal WVxOLti

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal CO2piiY

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 24NyXFF

HANGING FROM THE GIANT LAMP I FOUND, THE ARC OF THE LAMP STAND NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT FORWARDS A BIT BUT i HAVE YET TO TIGHTEN IT UP UNDER THE BASE WHICH IS VERY HEAVY MARBLE

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal T1FvKTx

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal VIOBGRL

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal E0M5UHK

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal OnNlaPw

BTW I TOOK ALL THESE PICS WITH CRAZY HIGH RESOLUTION THEN SHRUNK THEM DOWN TO 480X640, I DON'T THINK THEY LIKED THAT, LOST LOTS OF DETAIL, THIS IS AN ORIGINAL UNSHRUNKEN PICTURE, I'M STILL EXPERIMENTING WITH MY NEW PHONE CAMERAS...

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal XY09iKt

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review. Very complex piece, with so much to go for it. I'm sure that with your skill and ingenuity, you will find your way to improving any of the minor annoyances in no time. The title card of the reference video made me expect something completely different, but I can see how this goes well with the Iron Man figures.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for the review. Very complex piece, with so much to go for it. I'm sure that with your skill and ingenuity, you will find your way to improving any of the minor annoyances in no time. The title card of the reference video made me expect something completely different, but I can see how this goes well with the Iron Man figures.

I can understand how the Black Knight video would throw you off but how on Earth did the title of the thread? lol. Okay I get it now you mean the title of the video, how they have cut it short not mentioning the Black Knight.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Cool looking piece and certainly right up your street! I still get emails from here, which is how I knew about the thread. I wouldn't worry about the pics, we can still see all we need to see. My forum pics are always the same size as yours.

Enjoy!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Cool looking piece and certainly right up your street! I still get emails from here, which is how I knew about the thread. I wouldn't worry about the pics, we can still see all we need to see. My forum pics are always the same size as yours.

Enjoy!

Cheers Roger! Great to see you posting on a thread of mine again like old times! Laughing  Did you have a chance to check out my new Dwarves thread? I know you've seen the two finished new ones on FB, I'm working on a third now which at the moment is involving untangling a load of thread.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Been there, checked and commented. I accumulate stuff now and again, but it never gets worked on. I saw an FB post featuring Geometric Star Trek vinyl kits the other week and bought up all the ones I wanted but never got round to. I'll have a decent away team when they eventually get done.

Whenever Covid does one, or it doesn't become a thing anymore, I'll make tracks. Hopefully next year we'll see things improve..........

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Been there, checked and commented. I accumulate stuff now and again, but it never gets worked on. I saw an FB post featuring Geometric Star Trek vinyl kits the other week and bought up all the ones I wanted but never got round to. I'll have a decent away team when they eventually get done.

Whenever Covid does one, or it doesn't become a thing anymore, I'll make tracks. Hopefully next year we'll see things improve..........

Talking of Star Trek, I recently found out this company reviewed below, might be making a Borg Queen and a Borg or two in 1/6...Presenter gets on my tits but don't they all?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Moved him further up the lamp's armature so now he's actually lit up and you can see him...doh!

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 7yufsmu

SHAMELESS LIT UP SAURON CAMEO...

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal L7k1Hj7

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal ZvtfGOd

(Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal FdO00aH

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice work. Looks like an epic battle pile up already. Smile

LOL you've discovered Danoby2! He can be a bit mellow for my taste at times, but he's generally quite good and useful. Just consider yourself lucky you did not stumble across his ASMR DID Astronauts (Michael Collins) unboxing review. That thing made me go ballistic -- just in my head, of course. Smile

Having come across this video by him, looks like he'd fit right in here:

Anyway, we've talked about EXO-6 and them picking up where QMX dropped the ball in the Star Trek franchize. Check out the New Products section.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

Talking of Star Trek, I recently found out this company reviewed below, might be making a Borg Queen and a Borg or two in 1/6...Presenter gets on my tits but don't they all?

Those figures are top notch, and he is only doing Trek. They are meticulously done and are works of art. They are under $200 too so you do get bang for your buck. That said though, my entire away team cost less than the current 2 figures retail for. I'm not a diehard Trekkie per se, but, I do like the characters and can appreciate good work when I see it. Geometric hired top talent for their kits and Nanjin has done likewise with these figures.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very cool, very pointy looking figure, I agree with not wanting it to fall on anyone's head too. I think you could wield it as a weapon but it's still a very interesting figure with lots of details.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! (Better Final Display Pics Added) Review Of 1/6 Bemular, An Armoured Enemy Of Ultraman, Big with lots of Die-Cast metal 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum