OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 25]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Looking good!

Eyes have been a bane for me too. I usually do the base flesh, then the white of the eye and then I put blu tack over the eye till I'm ready to do the rest. I like to mark out the iris with a pencil, then, depending on colour, I either draw it in with a permanent art pen or use a pastel. Pastels are better as you can wipe them off if you go wrong. Doing it in pen can mean a strip and a repaint. I want to see if I can paint them when I start again.

You look to have done a good job on yours

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Eyes are pretty much the reason I don't paint HS anymore. (That, and my own eye-sight is getting so bad I need TWO magnifying glasses and my own bifocals just to see anything that small). Have you guys thought of using the decals that you can get off eBay for irises?

shovelchop81

RS: Great job on the eyes!! They look really professional to me, as in high end 1/6 figures. The pencil is a good idea to, surprised I never thought of that, all the other tricks mentioned by all of you above I've tried with varying degrees of success or failure... I actually thought about doing the edges of the whites with pencil to show the slight greyness or shadow of the sclera (orb) of the eye. Ah well I crack it one day! LOL. Done a bunch of braiding (that acrylic white hair is super slippery!) to give him some real hair beard and braids down the back since his beard is actually a bit longer with quite long braids too. Finished sculpting his boar spear/harpoon blade and crossguard with his machete to finish next.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 Ztz5drO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 S9kBlQH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 V9sBLzy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 OiKQ6EZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 IX5dVZM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 GNruT9C

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 ZmW70NT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 1rk0E2h

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 JHMozyu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 XmGQhyk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 DKP0hrM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 GqLF0IA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 JSlRQKH

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Great work on the spear and braids; excellent progress.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

I think, because eyes are often the last things on a head that you do, you can rush them because you're so eager to get the project finished. I've done that so many times. I've learned now to sit back and take my time. Do an iris, put it down, take a break, maybe pick it up the next day. Obviously if it's a commission you may not get that luxury, but, if it's your own work, take it at your own pace.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Great work on the spear and braids; excellent progress.

Cheers! Getting there!

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

I think, because eyes are often the last things on a head that you do, you can rush them because you're so eager to get the project finished. I've done that so many times. I've learned now to sit back and take my time. Do an iris, put it down, take a break, maybe pick it up the next day. Obviously if it's a commission you may not get that luxury, but, if it's your own work, take it at your own pace.

CHEERS!

LOL, Ido! And still muck it up! Embarassed

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You'll get there. I don't think there's a single one of my painted projects that has been totally right from start to finish.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad to see it continue toward completion. Every little detail has been thought of!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:You'll get there. I don't think there's a single one of my painted projects that has been totally right from start to finish.

CHEERS!

To be fair to you, your kits rely mostly on paint unlike my builds so it would be pretty damn hard to get it all right!

GubernatorFan wrote:Glad to see it continue toward completion. Every little detail has been thought of!

Cheers! Done a lot more work on him the last few days, lets just say he's at the barber's right now... Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Not quite, you have to trim the vinyl or resin, fill gaps, resculpt parts if any are missing and if you can have more than one pose, settle on one you like and hope you made the right decision when it's permanently set that way. There is a bit to do before one drop of paint touches that kit. It's a job where skill is still involved.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Not quite, you have to trim the vinyl or resin, fill gaps, resculpt parts if any are missing and if you can have more than one pose, settle on one you like and hope you made the right decision when it's permanently set that way. There is a bit to do before one drop of paint touches that kit. It's a job where skill is still involved.

CHEERS!

Worked with enough KO vinyl kits to know that! Laughing And my own casting too..

Sorry Peter, I can't resist the pull of real hair and enjoy doing it too much! You can start cringing now...

I obviously added paint after all this deconstruction work, just not at this point yet...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 7cjUfdn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 UL1Za3C

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 13jeCiI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 MO330A5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 QLJCPEc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 20W4pCq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 ZddgSW2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 FsemYuO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 IIZIxqC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 PNmJgaP

ALWAYS BETTER TO HAVE TOO MUCH SO YOU CAN TRIM IT LATER.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 LDSgacs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 LQd8Hoz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 MbPMLLo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 4NLIOwM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 ROm3vyD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 X6Zx1AR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 RCpC98p

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 S3JacMr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 Idew8Po

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 IDia9nr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 08ZqDd5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 ZmW70NT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 JSlRQKH

HEAD FINISHED NOW.

harsh flash

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 UlOd9nq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 Ze5PSjz

overhead natural light.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 DQxnjv6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 OO1DceA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 CEqGIH8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 Cq0qB18

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 XAREiSE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 TP87o50

I HAVEN'T ADDED ANY 'PRODUCT' TO THE HAIR YET AS I STILL NEED TO WORK ON THE FIGURE.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He looks great! Did you gloss his eyes?

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Fantastic upgrades on everything. Man, that’s a lot of impressive work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:He looks great! Did you gloss his eyes?

CHEERS!

Thanks! I did many times but then touched over the gloss many times too! Just added some more now, cheers for the reminder (still wet in pics).

Stryker2011 wrote:Fantastic upgrades on everything. Man, that’s a lot of impressive work.

Thanks Stryker! Trimmed his beard some more so you can see his shoulder armour, its a bitter shorter and with a split in the centre where the beard hair is braided into a thick plait. Also added some more white/grey to bits of the hair with the magic marker and trimmed the hair by his shoulders a bit too. Working on Balin's glaive, pain in the butt to get symmetrical! Done Bifur's machete.

Same mix of harsh flash and more 'natural' lighting in the figure pics.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 4rGhSqT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 SVIRVAh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 DuYivSh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 3fZt8r8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 CsYF1xQ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 WiAN8a2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 LMblAwX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 IMTOsZY

peter the painter

Great work Alex, he looks amazing, I could have done the sculpts beardless and hairless for you if it would have helped.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Great work Alex, he looks amazing, I could have done the sculpts beardless and hairless for you if it would have helped.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you very much Peter! I'm so sorry you had to see a lot of your hard and excellent work destroyed by me Sad . The sculpted hair v real hair thing is just a feeling I get for a character during the build process and even if I decide to go with real hair your sculpt of the hair is still a brilliant guide and foundation for me to work from. I think the most likely candidates for the real hair conversion are the long haired or long bearded characters although I felt no need to modify Balin's beard as he has short hair so it didn't hamper his head articulation. I'll be giving Fili, Kili and Thorin real long hair but I think all the others are safe from my meddling! Wink I want Bilbo to have messier hair so not 100% sure what I'm going to do there yet but got some ideas.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 MGBKDC1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 5wnWFdB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 JKA3K15

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 RazWXCZ

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I wouldn't put yourself down, you've done sterling work on all your stuff you've got from Peter and all of the dwarves look stellar after you're done with them.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:I wouldn't put yourself down, you've done sterling work on all your stuff you've got from Peter and all of the dwarves look stellar after you're done with them.

CHEERS!

Oh I'm not questioning my decisions or results, I'm giving Peter the respect he is due from one artist to another. Thanks for the kind support though.

Finally finished Balin's bloody complicated glaive (well complicated for an individual piece!), built Bifur's boar spear and I'm 90% there with Nori's kukri knives so I should be spraying primer soon.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 NDfR8jN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 H1nWU3R

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 Tansmo3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 QOkQ1lI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 SDnKQoN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 NQL4HGw

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good as always.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good as always.

CHEERS!

Thanks! I'm meant to be taking a break and working on the Barrett .50 replica, somehow I've gone back to Dwarves and seem to have double bluffed myself or something, oh well surrounded by Dwarf and gun parts as usual, just another day...er night...whatever... Laughing Wink

peter the painter

Great work on Bifur all round, he looks excellent.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Great work on Bifur all round, he looks excellent.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter!

Primered and now painting the weapons, boots etc.. done the tusks too. The coats fastening system is a bit complicated but I'm doing my best to replicate it in 1/6 as with the boots.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 OsfmPSj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 Sl7qsSl

CRAP!! JUST REALISED I CUT THE SLOTS FOR THE TUSKS TO SLIDE INTO THE WRONG WAY..OOPS, OH WELL THAT'S A DAFTER DESIGN IF YOU ASK ME..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 BSoDqBK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 2gzeyj6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 V3OeS9m

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 XWsuSiT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 UjuWFDr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 78ZomzX

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Some last progress pics before I go for food and a nap...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 4Rnh98y

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 HCRywRo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 Zt6Xot7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 2Tu8m8G

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Just be glad you're keeping busy.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Just be glad you're keeping busy.

CHEERS!

Er okay... Question I am, just an odd thing for you to say. I'm probably over thinking it as usual! Laughing

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 3EGLRUE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 WOcOr4i

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 7IYeqDE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 IOLlZva

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 2rMiM3C

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 FSyf7Si

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 BpA4MmY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 4niH4CJ

peter the painter

Wow! wonderful work on Bifur, he is a real work of Art.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Wow! wonderful work on Bifur, he is a real work of Art.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you very much Peter! And I thought he was going to be simple initially...LOL. Probably do Bombur next as a change of pace but I refuse not to give the cook knives!! He'd have the best quality knives FFS.. not just a stupid ladle (that I'll still give him), he needs a good cleaver and general purpose large slicing knife that both designs actually lend themselves very well to Dwarven blade smithing.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 G9mqGdE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 RMV6xX2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 22 ROyz82C

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

Compared to me, everyone is busy! I've had such a lazy year, so much I should have done, but, just couldn't be bothered. Mind you, it has saved me a ton of cash, which I can put towards getting off my backside next year.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum