OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 25]

peter the painter

Bombur is looking great, I love to see how you develop the costume detail of the characters.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:I like the way this is coming along and all the special tricks you pulled to make it happen.

Like using old bleached socks? Laughing Cheers GF!

peter the painter wrote:Bombur is looking great, I love to see how you develop the costume detail of the characters.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Getting there but noticing a few more details needed as I go...

Made his 'real hair braid', damn that acrylic stuff is slippery! Modded and mounted feet and hands, boots too. Given him a proper back as there was a bit of a gap going on between the hs and the back plus the jerkin wasn't sitting right. I've been braiding more waxed string to make the straps for his knapsack and modding an old Hasbro Chewbacca bag to make it. I have detail work to do on the jerkin's shoulders, a leather like cord wrap and need to paint his sculpted hair and shaved patch (you missed that Peter! Laughing Wink ).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 0HSLplF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 L0XgBWt

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 BsSkrIr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 N65hDjL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 Cpr2572

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 4w0sKkI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 OmLoEI9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 UJzHesp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 8E51d0q

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 U2pNFl1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 L15cD7r

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 CIG1HF4

MerylAkiba

I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

peter the painter

Bombur is looking great, he's as fat as a barrel now, or should I say as fat as a barrel rider? Very Happy
apologies for the missed tonsure.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That Bombur is looking so good. Really like how you did the fat suit (ingenious), and the braided beard. Excellent work as usual.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
MerylAkiba wrote:I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

Ugh no! I do this to de-stress, a business would kill that and probably me too! Wink Try using basic metal stands for your figures, the Kings Arms(?) ones are getting harder to buy in bulk now but worth it if you can find them, I have hundreds!! Still not enough! You can get them in different sizes too, so for 1/6 hobbits or 1/6 giants etc..

peter the painter wrote:Bombur is looking great, he's as fat as a barrel now, or should I say as fat as a barrel rider? Very Happy
apologies for the missed tonsure.

Cheers,

Peter.

LOL, no probs already fixed, I need to paint the hair next to match the braid. I was tempted to make that barrel 'armour' for him from that bonkers Asterix like scene...

Stryker2011 wrote:That Bombur is looking so good. Really like how you did the fat suit (ingenious), and the braided beard. Excellent work as usual.

Cheers Stryker!

Doing more detail stuff including more braiding, fasteners for his jerkin and bag, details on his shirt and attaching his head. Pics are basically a game of 'spot the difference'.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 YF9bXAN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 4691Mik

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 48Tl0Jl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 PfRdut3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 J0IHgUh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 IUxXamp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 QkqZhyr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 FrgJrov

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 PjBoGwv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 VsCMWaH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 KqCJAHD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 LaTUFOh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 K3TAx0O

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 XMu5W1X

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 IY7zVcT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 IQpoBXS

peter the painter

More great looking detail work, I'm really liking how this figure is coming together.

Cheers,

Peter.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
I have officially run out of adjectives to describe your work. I have picked up so many tips on 1/6 bashing from you, I almost feel like I have no creativity of my own. You are one of a group of very talented artists here on the forum I truly admire.
I wish we had more people posting content like the members I am thinking of.
Keep all the 1/6 goodness coming!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:More great looking detail work, I'm really liking how this figure is coming together.

Cheers,

Peter.

Pontiacivan wrote:I have officially run out of adjectives to describe your work. I have picked up so many tips on 1/6 bashing from you, I almost feel like I have no creativity of my own. You are one of a group of very talented artists here on the forum I truly admire.
I wish we had more people posting content like the members I am thinking of.
Keep all the 1/6 goodness coming!

thanks guys means a lot! keyboards broken using tiny version..bugger to type!painted hair and done hand wraps.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 UAPvNEz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 AlhdV63

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 F5y8RKM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 7icOY4n

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 M3CbCw5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 209Xm4p

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 AiiV7uJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 9AjziyP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 ZMOnuAc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 WbsHSaV

peter the painter

Love the hand warmers and the hair repaint, great work all round.

Cheers,

Peter.

dadrab

dadrab
You've got a gear I ain't got, brah.

I'm enjoying this more than you know.

Superior...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Love the hand warmers and the hair repaint, great work all round.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter, Brass paint actually worked for the highlights!

dadrab wrote:You've got a gear I ain't got, brah.

I'm enjoying this more than you know.

Superior...

Thank you dadrab although I seem to have missed a gear recently, got distracted by an invasion of new Transformers figures!! Still waiting on a new keyboard.

started on his unusual sandal like boots, found bits to make his beer stein and designed 2 knives for him; a cleaver crossed with a competition chopper in the Dwarven geometric style and a Norse seax utility knife favoured by Vikings as daggers.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 KEjtDnL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 X7t9pdS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 DKGYyzk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 NHuKunk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 ZwpHGJN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 GTmqtJT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 ANN2vp4

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You're going great guns there! Carry on! If anything goes wrong, you can paint the hair white and go for Santa.

CHEERS!

peter the painter

He's looking great, nearly there now, really enjoyed this build.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:You're going great guns there! Carry on! If anything goes wrong, you can paint the hair white and go for Santa.

CHEERS!

Laughing Er no....got Balin for that!! Wink

peter the painter wrote:He's looking great, nearly there now, really enjoyed this build.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks for the constant support Peter!

Done a bit more work but was busy working on a real Scottish basket hilt sword, painstakingly adding serrations to half the length of the blade one by one...
Cut out the knives and I'm making his stein look like it's made from ivory or bone with a 'natural' grain texture. I'll embellish it with metal bands and a handle.

going for a very Gothic/grungy look for this one unlike the Barnett version below.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 XwO9gw2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 R9WnDB1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 22SluAh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 T3lx80P

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 S4ETBcW

Back to Bombur..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 O7MCNaH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 KuuVPSA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 NYMq8TP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 OFTKcpF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 Cr2ntz5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 AMe1U4f

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 BgpQVCk

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks like you are in for a lot of pain and frustration when trying to assemble those components. I admire your dedication but don't share your level of masochism Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
shovelchop81 wrote:
MerylAkiba wrote:I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

Ugh no! I do this to de-stress, a business would kill that and probably me too!  Wink

I have some projects that I do for the business and some things that I only do for me. The former is always stressful regardless of how much fun a particular project might have seemed at the start. The latter is what keeps me relaxed and de-stressed.

I find that the first time I make something, it is fun, because there are no time constraints and I'm free to wander off in any direction that fancies me. If I sell it and have to make another to replenish my stock, it becomes work and is no longer fun. I'd rather make something new and original instead of wasting time on something I've already accomplished.

The problem is that the first one is always sold at a loss because you can never get back the time spent messing around with new ideas and different techniques. You only make money on the subsequent ones because the process can be streamlined and made more efficient.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
shazzdan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Ugh no! I do this to de-stress, a business would kill that and probably me too!  Wink

I have some projects that I do for the business and some things that I only do for me. The former is always stressful regardless of how much fun a particular project might have seemed at the start. The latter is what keeps me relaxed and de-stressed.

I find that the first time I make something, it is fun, because there are no time constraints and I'm free to wander off in any direction that fancies me. If I sell it and have to make another to replenish my stock, it becomes work and is no longer fun. I'd rather make something new and original instead of wasting time on something I've already accomplished.

The problem is that the first one is always sold at a loss because you can never get back the time spent messing around with new ideas and different techniques. You only make money on the subsequent ones because the process can be streamlined and made more efficient.

I agree 100%, everything you said is exactly how I felt when I sold a limited amount of custom figures, seller's remorse in another one, when someone talks you into selling a piece you made and really like but you think 'oh I'll just make another' but you never do.... Sad

peter the painter

Just blown away by the amount of projects you undertake and the level of detail that you achieve in your
endeavours.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Ho, ho, ho, you've got it covered!

CHEERS!

PureEnergy

Excellent, Chop.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Just blown away by the amount of projects you undertake and the level of detail that you achieve in your
endeavours.

Cheers,

Peter.

LOL, cheers Peter! just giving myself reasons to get out of bed!

Rogerbee wrote:
Ho, ho, ho, you've got it covered!

CHEERS!

Indeed! (T'ealc SG1)

PureEnergy wrote:Excellent, Chop.  

Thanks PE!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 SY4Nx3g

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 LgePIPv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 HEu2mC5

Stilts? Glueing his boot soles actually.. Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 H8Cw4dE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 FeCstBe

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 UsOBYFJ

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice work on that mug. Looking good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 C8485110

peter the painter

All the accessories are looking really good.

Cheers,

Peter.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love that mug, too. Now how 'bout some ale? Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice work on that mug. Looking good.

peter the painter wrote:All the accessories are looking really good.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks guys!

GubernatorFan wrote:I love that mug, too. Now how 'bout some ale? Smile

Working on that, resin will be too heavy so need to insert a lens.

got the new keyboard, trying to get used to the split keyboard design with 1 finger typing LOL. it's a British award winning classic design and the 1st illuminated keyboard brought to market (used to cost £50 back then so quite expensive, got it MISB for £8, comes with an illuminated optical mouse too), the same year I graduated from my Bsc product design degree!! of course I was hopeless using computers back then.... has 5 levels of illumination, types well with two thumbs and it's splash and ash proof as advertised! I was using my mini light up one the last few days. painted Bombur's boots and knives black. Hah! only made one typo!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 OpN7g7h

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 SKnZ9E7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 PQi6sCU

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 Fl7nUj2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 Omzk0tY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 24 UFYAraz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations on your new space-age keyboard. Just for the record, when I wrote "how 'bout some ale?" I was just going with the implications of the mug, not trying to put another task on your shoulders.
Cheers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum