OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boots made for feet question of fit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:53 am

Wonderpants

I’ve been looking at a pair of boots on aliexpress but apparently there’s no peg holes in them, so the options seem to be to make peg holes somehow or use a pair of 1/6 feet (assuming I can get them in the boots…). Anyone had the same situation?

2Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If the boots are hollow I would just use feet. As has been pointed out, assuming you are using a male TBLeague, the feet are often too big for many shoes, and you may have to purchase smaller feet. Another option, again making the same assumption, is to trim around the feet — also assuming you don’t plan to take the boots off again — until the feet fit into the boots. Even if you do plan to take the boots off, an extra pair of feet (not trimmed up) will be handy in that event.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Boots made for feet question of fit C8485110

3Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:51 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, if possible, just use a pair of feet that are compatible with the body you intend to use for the figure. And then, like Stryker suggests, modify the feet if they don't fit into the shoes. Or use them as-is if they do fit. That's what I'd do, at least. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:33 am

Wonderpants

I was looking at these boots, which should be scaled for a female figure, so I’d probably need quite a small pair of feet.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000182401570.html?spm=a2g0n.wishlist-amp.item.4000182401570&aff_trace_key=4b9f80fb4be943a4ab39f214d04ca6db-1630224719261-06677-_A3EM8t&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=2928amp-ZlCpHy4k3aIWlI5Ts7dJNg1632521784472&browser_id=9a86eb5c4e9b4b47b122a2bb2ee8bd22&is_c=N

5Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:23 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What body are you using for the figure?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:11 am

Wonderpants

A phicen s16a/s17b

7Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:59 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Wonderpants wrote:A phicen s16a/s17b

From my (limited) experience it’s one or the other. Either the “foot” of the boot/shoe is solid with a peg hole already added, or it’s hollow and you need to have feet on your figure.

My (again limited) experience has been that the hollow boots are easy to put on. Just put the foot at at 45 degree angle, and as soon as you get resistance, push up from the bottom of the heel of the boot/shoe, and the foot should go the rest of the way in.

Did your s16A/S17B not come with feet, or have you not ordered one yet? They all come with regular feet and arched feet (for high heels) unless you’re using a body from another figure or you bought the body loose without hands and feet.

8Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Wonderpants

Lol, I forgot about the phicen bodies coming with feet. Haven’t ordered one yet but will definitely be getting it. Just waiting for the hair rooter and outfit maker to start work

9Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those boots should fit over the TBL female feet no problem. A good rule of thumb for hollow shoes/boots like this is heat the boots up with a hair dryer for a little bit until the rubber/plastic is malleable enough to push the foot in easier.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Boots made for feet question of fit C8485110

10Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TBLeague 16A/17B feet should work with most "for-feet" boots. It is the later smaller and especially bigger TBLeague bodies that often have compatibility problems when it comes to fitting the feet.

11Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:11 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
if i had a similar problem i too would go the route of cutting feet down to size instead of drilling into shoes/boots. A) i wouldn't hit the center on the first try, making the ankle probably scratch on a side of the boots B) i'd run the risk of drilling to deep, either by mistake or the fact that there's not thick enough sole material to begin with.

by modifying the feet you start with a stable joint, i'd think thats a safer route.

12Boots made for feet question of fit Empty Re: Boots made for feet question of fit Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:44 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Jiaou dolls come with a pair of feet that are unshaped and a little smaller than their regular feet so that they can slip more easily into boots.

Boots made for feet question of fit DAxEyxX

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum