OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

brassco

packraptor wrote:While I agree it's not a very practical body for most, it does have it's place. Just look at the more stylized head sculpts out there. For example, I digitally edited this image of the 40/41 with an Elsa head sculpt on it, and it looks about right to me. Take a look:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 Elsa_t10

This Elsa hs is pretty big...it would not match this body type.

Cowboy Bebop's Faye is a good idea...NF's up and coming classic anime live version. I can see Superduck thinking about it already...just not using this body, again, i guess...

FreakinLobster

YMToys heads are usually small for the average TBL body, so I believe they could be a good size for these slimmer bodies, maybe even for the smaller bodies. They have a wide variety of styles, some pale and others suntan.

Saturn

Somehow I see that the set manufacturers are still designing their new releases for the older (mainly S10, S12, sometimes S20, S22) bodies, not even for the range between S28 and S39. There are already anime bodies (S36-S37) among them with a very narrow waist. The recently released S44-S45 are also more suited to the anime-genre. I just don't see a market niche justifying the creation of S40-S41.

GeeWillikers

So long as this is the last one of these anime-types for a while and TBL return to attempting a more realistic bodytype next time (or even just release the ones they're holding back), I suppose I can live with this existing.

davidd

davidd
Do these bodies differ significantly, or at all, from the S36/37 "anime" bodies, other than having slightly different head sculpts, and the S40 having attached feet?

(Also: would it be possible for Admin/Mods to add S40 S41 to the topic title so the discussion can be more readily found using the search function?)

Diana

Diana
The S40/S41 seems to have even less meat on her bones. The belly section looks to me like it has received the most changes.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 1611

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:The S40/S41 seems to have even less meat on her bones. The belly section looks to me like it has received the most changes.

You might be right. In theory, I suppose this means a greater range of fashion doll clothes (Barbie, Bratz, Integrity) might fit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Also: would it be possible for Admin/Mods to add S40 S41 to the topic title so the discussion can be more readily found using the search function?

Done. Remember to use google search for better results.

34NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 Empty Good use for s41 Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:41 am

Melancholia

I bought one specifically  because it has almost identical proportions to Silkstone Barbie, Fashion Royalty, albeit an extra 10mm on the s41's hips.  So many quality gowns and clothes to choose from!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 99343910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 -1970310

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Will be interesting to see what you do with it. Those dresses all look like nice options.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 C8485110

Melancholia

An argument for the S41 body, it sure does look good in Silkstone, Fashion Royalty clothes. The S24 and S25 also seem to fit these clothes, but are not tall enough to pull it off. The S41 is much taller and is a great fit. One thing I've noticed is the S41's skinny neck. It needs a petite head to not look wonky.
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 20220810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 20220710

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look very nice, Melancholia.
About the skinny neck, the beauty of TPE bodies is that you can stuff them, to some degree. Check out the neck-stuffing tutorial in the Tutortials section.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3985-seamless-neck-stuffing-tutorial-andy-seeks-body-issue-help-updated-with-mini-sequel

That should be able to help with this issue, at least in some instances or to some degree.

davidd

davidd
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 September20a
TBLeague "Super Flexible" S41 Figure - Detached Feet with Head Sculpt

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 tall female body, Pale S40 S40A S41 S41A (four styles with or without head) - Page 2 September20b

The face is kind of cute, although to me that face looks more like a Goth Girl than a Bikini Babe.

Not that I have a problem with Goth Girl Bikini Babes.

This is what TBLeague considers to be a "medium bust" size, by the way.   scratch

And yes, the pictures are a little bit blurry. Camera shake under poor lighting, totally the fault of the photographer.

Melancholia

She looks like an adorable goth-lolita hybrid.  Sweet but with a little spice. 😈
The body is a oddly shaped, kind of like one of those old school rubber stress relievers you squeeze and the eyeballs bulge, but looks great in clothes in my opinion, the long legs are quite attractive, but it does have wonky proportions to be quite frank.  I enjoy dressing mine alot, she's one of my go-to bodies for my fashion doll clothes splurges.

shueka

Melancholia wrote: I enjoy dressing mine alot, she's one of my go-to bodies for my fashion doll clothes splurges.

I was really looking for information like this. I am considering buying this doll (s40) and I was wondering, due to her shape and rather tall nature, would it be very difficult to find clothes that actually fit her? I have looked around online and a lot of the clothes would look stunning on her, especially tight fitting black and white clothing.

In your opinion, Melancholia, am I setting myself up for a rather small wardrobe? or would I have a lot of options as you have stated clothes look really great on her.

Thank you for your help and time.

Shueka.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Thumbs up to the seamless ankles.
Big boobs seem needless.
The tall aspect will no doubt suit some projects.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Melancholia

shueka wrote:
Melancholia wrote: I enjoy dressing mine alot, she's one of my go-to bodies for my fashion doll clothes splurges.

I was really looking for information like this. I am considering buying this doll (s40) and I was wondering, due to her shape and rather tall nature, would it be very difficult to find clothes that actually fit her? I have looked around online and a lot of the clothes would look stunning on her, especially tight fitting black and white clothing.

In your opinion, Melancholia, am I setting myself up for a rather small wardrobe? or would I have a lot of options as you have stated clothes look really great on her.

Thank you for your help and time.

Shueka.

The S40 has the same measurements as Silkstone Barbie except for 10 extra mm on the hips.  Between this doll and the S24 I have bought a crapload of Barbie, Silkstone and Fashion royalty clothes and besides having to squeeze the  clothes past these girls hips, all the clothes fit.  So far the mermaid style gowns have fit, but I tend to stay away from the ones that are uber tight around the legs since it seems the S40 has a bit thicker legs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum