OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Funnies (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:25 am

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks, glad you liked it. The sculpt is only modified in terms of having lost its integral neck so it could be used on all types of bodies. It is a really good sculpt, although the resemblance to Ewen McGregor is not always as strong as I'd like -- then again I don't remember that much from those movies (not a stab). Yes, the figure is out, I've seen it parted at both Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot, got some pieces from both.

Ah, yes, that's what I meant... the de-necking. Well I'm glad to see that it worked so well. I want to do the same to a HT Anakin head, but still trying to figure out how to work around the longer hair in the back. :/

Regarding the likeness, I've seen some criticism of it, but it's not too bad. A bit 'idealized' I'd say but still better than many previous sculpts of Prequels-era Obi-Wan, that's for sure. Just like with the Anakin sculpt, while it was perhaps not 100% accurate likeness, it was still the best official one I'd seen so far. And this Obi-Wan sculpt looks great in your photos! Smile

And good to know it's out... maybe I haven't see it here yet as it's taking a bit longer to arrive in the UK? I've just been getting anxious waiting for it to show up here finally...

102OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:32 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ah, yes, that's what I meant... the de-necking. Well I'm glad to see that it worked so well. I want to do the same to a HT Anakin head, but still trying to figure out how to work around the longer hair in the back. :/

Regarding the likeness, I've seen some criticism of it, but it's not too bad. A bit 'idealized' I'd say but still better than many previous sculpts of Prequels-era Obi-Wan, that's for sure. Just like with the Anakin sculpt, while it was perhaps not 100% accurate likeness, it was still the best official one I'd seen so far. And this Obi-Wan sculpt looks great in your photos! Smile

And good to know it's out... maybe I haven't see it here yet as it's taking a bit longer to arrive in the UK? I've just been getting anxious waiting for it to show up here finally...

Possibly it takes longer to arrive in the UK -- I can't really advise you there, as I wouldn't know. I think the sculpt is better in hand than in my photos, which do not not quite give it justice. I have reconstituted an HT Anakin, and think the likeness is amazing (but again, I don't remember these movies that well). I thought of modifying the neck on principle, but so far the long hair challenge has dissuaded me. It is possible to do the modification -- I've done it with others, though I can't think of the specifics right now -- just more difficult, as you have to slice from the inside out as opposed to the more natural outside in (but with the long hair remaining intact -- hopefully -- any resulting imperfections, though harder to fix, would be concealed).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

103OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:40 am

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:

Possibly it takes longer to arrive in the UK -- I can't really advise you there, as I wouldn't know. I think the sculpt is better in hand than in my photos, which do not not quite give it justice. I have reconstituted an HT Anakin, and think the likeness is amazing (but again, I don't remember these movies that well). I thought of modifying the neck on principle, but so far the long hair challenge has dissuaded me. It is possible to do the modification -- I've done it with others, though I can't think of the specifics right now -- just more difficult, as you have to slice from the inside out as opposed to the more natural outside in (but with the long hair remaining intact -- hopefully -- any resulting imperfections, though harder to fix, would be concealed).
Yeah I love the Anakin HS, I think it looks awesome and photographs really well.  I think the complaints about it were generally just that it looked somewhat different than the production pics, but that is pretty much normal, even for Hot Toys.... 

And that's a great idea to try modd'ing it from the inside.... what do you suggest to use to cut it? Just exacto knife on the heat-softened plastic like the others? 

Sorry to go on a tangent... now back to Kenobi drowning his sorrows... ;p

104OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:55 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah I love the Anakin HS, I think it looks awesome and photographs really well.  I think the complaints about it were generally just that it looked somewhat different than the production pics, but that is pretty much normal, even for Hot Toys.... And that's a great idea to try modd'ing it from the inside.... what do you suggest to use to cut it? Just exacto knife on the heat-softened plastic like the others? 

Yes, exactly. I just pulled it out of a box (you're in luck I was organizing recently so I found it very easily) and am looking at it. I think I'll give it a try and post the results in the head modification tutorial. Stay tuned. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

105OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
As far as modifying the Anakin head sculpt, I would think it isn't really all that different from a head with shorter hair. Obviously you cut around the long hair, but then (as you keep heating the head up), you have to shave the inside of the neck and hair until you reach the desired depth to the neck, or chin, area. If that makes sense.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 C8485110

106OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:59 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah I love the Anakin HS, I think it looks awesome and photographs really well.  I think the complaints about it were generally just that it looked somewhat different than the production pics, but that is pretty much normal, even for Hot Toys.... And that's a great idea to try modd'ing it from the inside.... what do you suggest to use to cut it? Just exacto knife on the heat-softened plastic like the others? 

Yes, exactly. I just pulled it out of a box (you're in luck I was organizing recently so I found it very easily) and am looking at it. I think I'll give it a try and post the results in the head modification tutorial. Stay tuned. Smile

Oooh, I am excite. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

107OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:17 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The recent HT ROTJ Stormtrooper Review and comments inspired me to repost some old Star Wars funnies, of course slightly spruced up in a Special Edition! (Don't worry, they are no lamer than before -- we've got to learn from history's mistakes... Ahem...)

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Swfdsb10

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Swfwdo10

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Swfewf10

Hope you enjoyed them.

108OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:21 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Haha, adorable!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

109OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:34 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:The recent HT ROTJ Stormtrooper Review and comments inspired me to repost some old Star Wars funnies, of course slightly spruced up in a Special Edition! (Don't worry, they are no lamer than before -- we've got to learn from history's mistakes... Ahem...)

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Swfdsb10

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Swfwdo10

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Swfewf10

Hope you enjoyed them.

Not only does their armor do nothing, Imperial Storm Troopers seem to be the worst marksmen in the galaxy. Imperial Stars Destroyers seem to have massive targeting problems with their weapons systems also. However did they conquer so much of their galaxy?

110OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Haha, adorable!

Glad you liked them.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Not only does their armor do nothing, Imperial Storm Troopers seem to be the worst marksmen in the galaxy.  Imperial Stars Destroyers seem to have massive targeting problems with their weapons systems also.  However did they conquer so much of their galaxy?  

And they get taunted, too! Obi-Wan once said "only imperial stormtroopers can be that precise!" Then again, we know he's a liar, from a certain point of view. The stormtroopers are, in fact, a joke; perhaps more properly a caricature. Faceless enemies, labeled "bad guys," labeled a "threat," and targeted for easy elimination (open season on them) for the purposes of an overly facile and simplistic plot. As much as I love the Star Wars universe (of the Original Trilogy), I think those movies are blatant rebel propaganda. Wink But, to answer your probably rhetorical question, technically they didn't conquer the Galaxy, just serve the new government that took over and transformed the Old Republic. And I suppose their clone trooper predecessors did eliminate the Separatists and massacre the Jedi (executing secret order 66), if you go with the Prequel Trilogy narrative.

111OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice job, Guv. Even when I was 11 (when the first Star Wars came out), I was aware of the absurdity of trained professional soldiers being ridiculously bad shots compared to rookies.

112OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice job, Guv. Even when I was 11 (when the first Star Wars came out), I was aware of the absurdity of trained professional soldiers being ridiculously bad shots compared to rookies.

Thank you, Mark! And I suppose that's because you are a rational and critically-thinking human being. (Not to mention a paragon of all virtues, but that is not at play in this context.) Smile

113OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you, Mark! And I suppose that's because you are a rational and critically-thinking human being. (Not to mention a paragon of all virtues, but that is not at play in this context.) Smile

I don’t know about that. You might be giving me too much credit.

114OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:34 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Haha, adorable!

Glad you liked them.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Not only does their armor do nothing, Imperial Storm Troopers seem to be the worst marksmen in the galaxy.  Imperial Stars Destroyers seem to have massive targeting problems with their weapons systems also.  However did they conquer so much of their galaxy?  

And they get taunted, too! Obi-Wan once said "only imperial stormtroopers can be that precise!" Then again, we know he's a liar, from a certain point of view. The stormtroopers are, in fact, a joke; perhaps more properly a caricature. Faceless enemies, labeled "bad guys," labeled a "threat," and targeted for easy elimination (open season on them) for the purposes of an overly facile and simplistic plot. As much as I love the Star Wars universe (of the Original Trilogy), I think those movies are blatant rebel propaganda. Wink But, to answer your probably rhetorical question, technically they didn't conquer the Galaxy, just serve the new government that took over and transformed the Old Republic. And I suppose their clone trooper predecessors did eliminate the Separatists and massacre the Jedi (executing secret order 66), if you go with the Prequel Trilogy narrative.

Well, they only seem to be able reliably to hit Jawa Sand Crawlers which are bigger than the side of a barn, but if that's Obi Wan's definition of accuracy, then no wonder he prefers a light saber over a blaster. Seriously, the storm troopers might actually shoot better if they unfolded their carbine stocks (actually a Sterling sub machine gun) and used the sights instead of always shooting from the waist.

115OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:36 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice job, Guv. Even when I was 11 (when the first Star Wars came out), I was aware of the absurdity of trained professional soldiers being ridiculously bad shots compared to rookies.

I've trained many a soldier and can assure you that most rookies shoot more accurately than Imperial troops. In fact, I shot better as a 12-year old with my first single-shot .22 rifle.

116OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Well, they only seem to be able reliably to hit Jawa Sand Crawlers which are bigger than the side of a barn, but if that's Obi Wan's definition of accuracy, then no wonder he prefers a light saber over a blaster.  Seriously, the storm troopers might actually shoot better if they unfolded their carbine stocks (actually a Sterling sub machine gun) and used the sights instead of always shooting from the waist.  

There is technically an almost retcon explanation as to why the stormtroopers are so bad at shooting the protagonists on the Death Star -- they were supposed to give chase but make sure they got away so they could be followed to the secret rebel base. But it doesn't explain why the stormtroopers were bad at shooting the protagonists anywhere and at anytime (admittedly, they kept trying to politely arrest them most of the time), not what kind of idiotic organization would be so wasteful with its troops and ships (and if Lucas tells me it's because the Empire is evil like that, I will restate that he's written caricature villains).

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I've trained many a soldier and can assure you that most rookies shoot more accurately than Imperial troops.  In fact, I shot better as a 12-year old with my first single-shot .22 rifle.  

I am not surprised. I'm reminded of a phrase I've come across recently: plot armor (or aim... or lack thereof)...

117OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:41 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Well, they only seem to be able reliably to hit Jawa Sand Crawlers which are bigger than the side of a barn, but if that's Obi Wan's definition of accuracy, then no wonder he prefers a light saber over a blaster.  Seriously, the storm troopers might actually shoot better if they unfolded their carbine stocks (actually a Sterling sub machine gun) and used the sights instead of always shooting from the waist.  

There is technically an almost retcon explanation as to why the stormtroopers are so bad at shooting the protagonists on the Death Star -- they were supposed to give chase but make sure they got away so they could be followed to the secret rebel base. But it doesn't explain why the stormtroopers were bad at shooting the protagonists anywhere and at anytime (admittedly, they kept trying to politely arrest them most of the time), not what kind of idiotic organization would be so wasteful with its troops and ships (and if Lucas tells me it's because the Empire is evil like that, I will restate that he's written caricature villains).

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I've trained many a soldier and can assure you that most rookies shoot more accurately than Imperial troops.  In fact, I shot better as a 12-year old with my first single-shot .22 rifle.  

I am not surprised. I'm reminded of a phrase I've come across recently: plot armor (or aim... or lack thereof)...

I've never heard the term but it seems sensible. Star Wars would have flopped if the Imperial Troops consisted of twelve year olds with single-shot .22 rifles.

118OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:34 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I am not surprised. I'm reminded of a phrase I've come across recently: plot armor (or aim... or lack thereof)...

I've never heard the term but it seems sensible.  Star Wars would have  flopped if the Imperial Troops consisted of twelve year olds with single-shot .22 rifles.  

And not just Star Wars. Dreaded but when it comes to it utterly ineffective villains have been the staple of fairy tales, cartoons, and even some Westerns...

119OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:48 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
I love that even the Starwars troopers still need to see magazine and drink together....this is the life!!!! Laughing Laughing What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

120OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:18 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I am not surprised. I'm reminded of a phrase I've come across recently: plot armor (or aim... or lack thereof)...

I've never heard the term but it seems sensible.  Star Wars would have  flopped if the Imperial Troops consisted of twelve year olds with single-shot .22 rifles.  

And not just Star Wars. Dreaded but when it comes to it utterly ineffective villains have been the staple of fairy tales, cartoons, and even some Westerns...

Not to mention James Bond and Indiana Jones films.

121OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:41 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Not to mention James Bond and Indiana Jones films.

So true. And Indiana Jones is chuck full of disposable evil and incompetent Nazi gun-fodder.

122OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:35 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Not to mention James Bond and Indiana Jones films.

So true. And Indiana Jones is chuck full of disposable evil and incompetent Nazi gun-fodder.

Yes.  It's like the Wehrmacht assembled all the dumkopfen of the 3rd Reich, and instead of assigning them to guard POW camps as they did in reality, sent them to battle Indy.  They are also I think, very two dimensional villains the the Raiders films, though I think this is on purpose as they are being portrayed much the same way they would have been in the films of the 1940's.  Think of "Major Strasser" in "Casablanca," who is an extremely arrogant and very two-dimensional evil Nazi with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

As to Westerns, Serigio Leone seemed to love opening his films by killing off incompetent bad guys.  Clint Eastwood seems to have borrowed much of what he learned doing Leone's westerns and incorporated into the gunfights in High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider.

123OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:42 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Yes.  It's like the Wehrmacht assembled all the dumkopfen of the 3rd Reich, and instead of assigning them to guard POW camps as they did in reality, sent them to battle Indy.  They are also I think, very two dimensional villains the the Raiders films, though I think this is on purpose as they are being portrayed much the same way they would have been in the films of the 1940's.  Think of "Major Strasser" in "Casablanca," who is an extremely arrogant and very two-dimensional evil Nazi with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

As to Westerns, Serigio Leone seemed to love opening his films by killing off incompetent bad guys.  Clint Eastwood seems to have borrowed much of what he learned doing Leone's westerns and incorporated into the gunfights in High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider.

Interesting and sensible analysis.

124OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:59 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Yes.  It's like the Wehrmacht assembled all the dumkopfen of the 3rd Reich, and instead of assigning them to guard POW camps as they did in reality, sent them to battle Indy.  They are also I think, very two dimensional villains the the Raiders films, though I think this is on purpose as they are being portrayed much the same way they would have been in the films of the 1940's.  Think of "Major Strasser" in "Casablanca," who is an extremely arrogant and very two-dimensional evil Nazi with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Interesting and sensible analysis.

The result of a miss spent youth. Also, when you combine Clint Eastwood plus evil arrogant Nazis who's only purpose is to get shot, you get "Where Eagles Dare. "

125OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:17 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ah, thanks again for all the Fun ! So Great Laughing

This one is not for to discriminate against short people, don´t laugh.... Wink

OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Faceap41

126OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:28 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cute. Love the chubby unicorns T.

127OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:05 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice one, Ephiane! And I second Stryker's comment about the chubby unicorns. Smile

128OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Conane17

129OSF Funnies (continuously updated) - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Funnies (continuously updated) Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Lieutenant Dan, you have NASA metal legs now!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum