OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen head on a verycool body

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Phicen head on a verycool body Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:42 am

Hrimgrimnirr

Hi, I just started collecting 1/6 figures and have a question. I got a ymtoys headsculpt that was intended for phicen but I want to put it on verycool 3.0 body instead. The issue is the neck hole is slightly smaller and the neck adapter cannot be removed. Is it possible to change the peg on verycool body? Or should I use something sharp to make the hole bigger?

Verycool on the left and ymt on the right

Phicen head on a verycool body 20211013

2Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Re: Phicen head on a verycool body Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:37 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you have a Dremel, or a drill, use a small bit to grind out the hole a bit wider (small increments at a time) until you get the width you need. I do this all the time if the hole isn’t deep enough, etc.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Phicen head on a verycool body C8485110

3Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Re: Phicen head on a verycool body Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:56 am

Hrimgrimnirr

I don't have any of it. Maybe I could try reamer on a victorinox?

4Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Re: Phicen head on a verycool body Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:48 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Are you sure the inner connector cannot be removed? I've gotten some of those out using small pliers and twisting until it finally budged.

But yes, otherwise, you can certainly widen it with a drill (or even an exacto knife...though you have to be super careful not to a) cut yourself, and b) scratch the headsculpt by accident).

ETA: alternatively, you could use a rounded file and sand the inside of it.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Re: Phicen head on a verycool body Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:34 am

Hrimgrimnirr

I managed to widen the hole with a victorinox reamer Very Happy
Here is the result, ymt038b on a miss spetsnaz body. Young Natalie Portman is my 3rd head after miss spetsnaz and her fake copy. I want to buy 4th for suntan tbleague body

Phicen head on a verycool body 20211014

6Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Re: Phicen head on a verycool body Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:50 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good. Glad it worked out. Widening or deepening the hole on the pre-existing connector is always easier I find.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Phicen head on a verycool body C8485110

7Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Re: Phicen head on a verycool body Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:40 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, it looks good. I hope you did not forget the heating the head with a hair dryer trick. It often makes things work.

8Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Re: Phicen head on a verycool body Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:53 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
The exasperating problem of misfitting head and body.
My tip for any kind of loose connections: remove the inner neck adapter and use skin-coloured self-adhesive felt instead. It fits perfectly and is easy to remove.

Phicen head on a verycool body 51412669636_8161d2158c_z1

Phicen head on a verycool body 51412935148_1fd22f46d0_z 2

Phicen head on a verycool body 51412935198_205013b3a3_z 3

Phicen head on a verycool body 51411925492_4b21f009b2_z4

Phicen head on a verycool body 51413425254_86557ba418_z5

9Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Re: Phicen head on a verycool body Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:21 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great demonstration! I do the same thing.... I don't bother with an inner neck connector. I almost always take those out of the headsculpt (unless it is miraculously a perfect fit onto the body). And, like ElBundy, I prefer to modify the actual neck peg instead. I find it creates a much more secure fit and better poseability. Especially because the 'naked' metal neck peg is itself quite slippery, so it's nice to have a little more friction there.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

10Phicen head on a verycool body Empty Re: Phicen head on a verycool body Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:55 pm

davidd

davidd
Hrimgrimnirr wrote:Maybe I could try reamer on a victorinox?

Razz I'm a bit late to this discussion, but that is exactly what I use - the reamer tool on my Victorinox Pioneer X! As you discovered, it works!

If I require the head to fit a bit more securely, I wrap the neck ball in teflon tape / plumber's tape, which is easy to find, inexpensive, and non-reactive with plastics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum