OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Empty Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:23 pm

Melancholia

Hope I don't get to much flack about this touchy subject, but can Fashion Royalty heads fit on Phicen bodies?  Especially the S40 which has a thinner neck...

2Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Empty Re: Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:33 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, it’s not a touchy subject here. Everyone has their interests, and that’s fine. You should check out Lynkart’s stuff (it isn’t the usual 1/6 stuff, but it’s all magnificent). I don’t have the Fashion Royalty experience myself, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work, any more than I’ve seen Barbie heads on figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? C8485110

3Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Empty Re: Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't think Lynkhart uses Phicen/TBLeague bodies. Perhaps Illusion could help?  The opening for the neck connection in the head might need some adjustment so that the head could fit reasonably securely and not sit too high. I don't have any experience with Fashion Royalty heads, but that is the case with heads from Barbie and various "toy" lines; I was just experimenting with one from Toy Biz in the Clothing Seamless bodies sticky thread, and it would definitely need adjustment if it is going to work.

4Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Empty Re: Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:18 pm

davidd

davidd
I do not have any FR dolls, but I have put an Integrity Toys Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki head on a couple of different TBLeague bodies:

Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? 50542699457_668ba25db1_z
Dynamite Girls Head on TBLeague S24A body

I also tried a S07C body:

Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? 50951658301_2551cee4a8_z
Dynamite Girls Head on TBLeague S07C body

Here's the original and the TBLeague version side by side:

Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? 50622074848_eab3eee5ac_z
Dynamite Girls Sooki Original Body and TBLeague S07C Body

Forum member BAMComix put a Poppy Parker head on a TBLeague body. I believe he used an S21 or S23 body. Here's one of his images:

Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? 50005621926_475de65725

BAMComix was also concerned that he would get some heat for daring to deface an Integrity Doll. Razz He wasn't concerned about pushback from action figure forum members, but rather from the Poppy Parker community online in general. He did not receive any complaints, and actually had a few inquiries and compliments from Poppy fans.

5Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Empty Re: Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:16 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I know Christine doesn’t using TBL bodies, but she does use heads that many don’t consider “normal” 1/6, which doesn’t matter here per se.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? C8485110

6Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Empty Re: Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:54 pm

Melancholia

Wow, thanks guys, I won a Fashion Royalty head on an ebay auction, just putting up a ridiculously cheap price thinking I wouldn't win, but....  She has an extremely pale complexion and I was anxious about all the bodies I'd have to research to find a match.  Aliexpress has dozens of options and I didn't even know where to begin.  Now, since I have a few super pale Phicen bodies, no worries.  Appreciate all the input!

7Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Empty Re: Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:03 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
The easiest way to do it, is using plumbers tape (PTFE) It's what plumbers use for sealing pipes. It's not sticky so doesn't course any issues. Simply wrap it around the TBL metal neck post until you get the desired thickness to fit the hole in the head. The best thing is, if you want to remove it, you can unwind it again with no damage to the tbL. Hope it helps? I used an S33 or S32 (I can't remember which one was the tanned version) The slender body type worked for Poppy.

8Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Empty Re: Fashion Royalty head on Phicen body? Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:28 am

Melancholia

Thanks for the advice, I do have some plumbers tape somewhere in my garage. I worry I'll start a FR collection on top of my overly crowded Phicen collection (which I'm starting the process of dwindling down) since I've bought just about every outfit for them that is in my budget. I always grieve when I tire of hobbies. They only last me a short time, I've gone through dozens and I have the makings of a huge hobbies garage sale in my house.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum