OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As promised, I'm posting a review of the new (or not that new) sixth-scale seamless body line by LDDoll. The company has created some 15 female bodies and three male ones -- according to the information on the side of the box. They are made to order, which means longer turnaround time and higher costs. Apart from choosing between different body types (varying in terms of height, musculature, bust size), one can choose from up to six colors for the female bodies and two for the male ones, simple or full "make up" (coloring of nipples, muscle lines), and flexible or inflexible fingers. The last options ("make up," flexible fingers) also mean an increase in price.

While I'm quite happy with many of the TBLeague (Phicen) products (and to some extent Jiaou Doll's), I liked the more slender physique I saw on some of the female and male bodies by LDDoll and wondered if they would be viable action figure body alternatives. Given the unknowns, I went for the lowest priced product I came across, a male body (labeled 32Boy on the box), but paid for the "full make up" and flexible fingers options. It is also more convenient having fewer areas to censor or cover up in what is supposed to be a revealing review.

Val had enough of Billy's antics and conspiracy theories (on those two, see HERE), and was excited to meet the new guy, so she volunteered to be my assistant. The LDDoll box turned out to be fairly similar to what we get from TBLeague, and in a similar color scheme and design. On one side of the box there is a checklist allowing you to find out exactly what body and what options you are getting inside.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr0110

There are no plastic treys, just the body packaged in a plastic bag and some air-filled packaging, an information leaflet, a brush for applying protective powder, an extra (or alternative) neck connector, and three sausage-like male appendages that plug into the body (which will not be shown). Although intrigued, Val made sure they stayed out of sight.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr0210

Ever the good student, she made sure to review the information booklet carefully. She focused on the English side. It is part advertisement for the company, part information on the product and its functionality, exemplified for a female body.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr0310

There is a graphic showing the basic articulation on the Chinese side of the leaflet.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr0410

Here is the body out of the box. The silicon skin/flesh material feels not too different from the TPE material used by TBLeague; LDDoll's may be a little oilier, which means you do not want to have it touch paper items you don't want stained. And because, as I feared, it cannot really stand on its own (the curse of seamless ankles), it needs to lean on something. The part of the manhood that does not plug in is actually part of the body sculpt/mold.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr0510

Here is a comparison between the LDDoll 32Boy body and the TBLeague M33 body. With the "full makeup" option on the LDDoll body, you get faintly colored nipples and sprayed-on musculature to accentuate the sculpted/molded musculature already in place. The nipples are an improvement on the TBLeague body; the sprayed-on muscles I'd prefer to skip, leaving it to natural shapes and shadows (note the asymmetric six pack, which is unfortunately accentuated by the coloring).

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr0610

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr0710

Now that the body was provided with a head and shorts, it was properly introduced to Val, who was cautiously optimistic, although she wondered why (let's call him) Ethan needed to be supported at all times. With the head on, he stands 30 cm (11.8 in) tall.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr0810

Alas, Ethan could not stand on his own. Contrary to what has been reported about some LDDoll bodies (earlier and/or female ones), there do appear to be some appropriate inflexible bone-like sections inside, which would get in the way of most unnatural bending. While there appear to be some fairly strong ankles inside, between the silicon flesh on the underside of the feet and what is apparently not a strong continuous endoskeleton structure inside, the body cannot balance and stabilize on its own -- it jiggles and falls. He pretended it was so he could exercise.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1010

He is pretty good at doing push ups.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1110

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1210

And while they do not always look quite natural (although presumably more attentive and careful posing would help), the seamless wrists and flexible fingers are really pretty neat.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr0910

And he can be made to hold all sorts of things quite well, sometimes better and easier than it would be with interchangeable harder plastic fixed-sculpt hands.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr2110

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr2210

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr2310

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr2410

The mold seam line along the side of the body and limbs is possibly fixable but very much more apparent than what we are used to from other seamless body products (TBLeague, Jiaou Doll).

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr2510

Despite her reservations, Val was intrigued by Ethan.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1910

Conscious of his limitations, he was not immediately responsive.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1710

He did appreciate her support, and slowly warmed up to her.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1510

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1610

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1310

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1410

And she to him.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr1810

Before long, it was a whirlwind romance.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr2010

In the end, however, she was not as impressed as she thought (or hoped) she would be. He caught her sneaking out.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr2610

And was left profoundly depressed by the experience.

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr2710

But not for long, as he soon had to take quick evasive action to avoid the wrath of a jealous and irate Butcher...

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? Lddr2810

All in all, I would say this figure (and presumably the rest of the line) has a great deal of potential. Even without being perfect, seamless wrists and ankles and flexible fingers are very neat. Perhaps these areas can be improved a little for appearance and accuracy. The movement of the limbs is smooth enough, though not as decisive (for the lack of a better word) as TBLeague's. They hold their position well enough, but jiggle when moved. Even if they looked and worked perfectly (which is not yet the case here), seamless wrist and hand and seamless ankles and feet would naturally have a practical limitation in that they would stand in the way of certain gloved and shod looks, being non-swappable; they might also stand in the way of certain outfits with overly tight sleeves or pant legs. But otherwise they would be quite something.

The biggest, enormous drawback here is the inability of the body to stand on its own. When it comes to action figures that is a very basic expectation, and the lack of a proper combination of a good endoskeleton and ankles undermines its great potential. I have little use for a figure that cannot stand, and for me that means that between their other limitations and hefty cost, LDDoll bodies are not a viable alternative or complement to the TBLeague and Jiaou Doll seamless bodies on the market.

As always, what do you think?

#lddoll #body #seamless #male #product #review

ahbake

Great review!
It's too bad about the seam line and the inability to stand unassisted, also the "make-up" seems a bit exaggerated, otherwise, I suppose it has a lot of potential if they start improving on those areas.

Diana

Diana
HAHA! I LOL at the entrance of Butcher. Laughing

Thank you so much for taking a chance on this and reporting! It looks really good, though the worst part for me is the bent elbows, which look terrible.
And of course not being able to stand on his own.
And that ridiculous six pack, but I guess that wouldn't be a problem with the female bodies.
And the seam line...

BUT! The articulated fingers might just make up for it! And I do like the makeup, though I'd consider doing that myself. And I like his physique, though TBL seems a little more detailed and realistic.

All in all very tempting!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ahbake wrote:Great review! It's too bad about the seam line and the inability to stand unassisted, also the "make-up" seems a bit exaggerated, otherwise, I suppose it has a lot of potential if they start improving on those areas.

Thank you very much, glad you liked it. And although we don't have to, I'm glad we agree.

Diana wrote:HAHA! I LOL at the entrance of Butcher. Laughing

Thank you so much for taking a chance on this and reporting! It looks really good, though the worst part for me is the bent elbows, which look terrible.
And of course not being able to stand on his own.
And that ridiculous six pack, but I guess that wouldn't be a problem with the female bodies.
And the seam line...

BUT! The articulated fingers might just make up for it! And I do like the makeup, though I'd consider doing that myself. And I like his physique, though TBL seems a little more detailed and realistic.

All in all very tempting!

You are very welcome. Thank you and I'm glad you liked the review. I hadn't even noticed the elbows. In some places (especially that cross-legged pose) they really look bad, in others good enough. I don't know what they were thinking with that sculpt of the six pack, but it does make me wish I had skipped on the "full make up" option, as it makes it more obvious. I haven't tried to do anything to the seam line. I think in theory it can be snipped away with scissors. Someone with more skill and patience can probably do a better job with the fingers than I did. They and the wrists and ankles are less than perfect, but still pretty neat. Not to mention that there are limits to what traditional harder plastic hand selections can do, whereas here you have more or less the natural (and unnatural) articulation of actual fingers. But being able to stand on its own should be must. Especially at this price. Both the LDDoll male bodies and some of the female bodies seem to have a more natural physique -- especially if you want slender -- though some of the female ones feature breasts that would probably look oversized even at a plastic surgeon's showcase and would have a gravitational orbit of their own.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting review, but I’m not honestly at all impressed by the body overall.

As for Val… jeez, what a cheating skank. Perhaps Bill should have used that drill on her — the real culprit in this situation — instead of Ethan.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

LDDoll Seamless Figure Doll Body Review (Photo Heavy) NSFW? C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting review, but I’m not honestly at all impressed by the body overall.

As for Val… jeez, what a cheating skank. Perhaps Bill should have used that drill on her — the real culprit in this situation — instead of Ethan.

LOL. Thank you, glad you found the review interesting. I agree, even the things that work with this body can benefit from improvement, most obviously the huge and unforgivable inability to stand on its own. I forgot to mention that it appears to be easier to dress than M33, but given that it is most comfortable in a reclining position, to what purpose? Somewhere I have a set of Stanley Ipkiss pajamas, maybe I should dig them up for him.

Val would like you to know that she and Billy were on a break. But if it helps, she regrets her decision and is trying to make it up to him in the hope of reconciliation. And what about the children? Well... child... Smile

Kallor8

Can you tell me what you think about the durability of the fingers? Have you ever used the Edation bodies for a point of comparison, because those were very flimsy and you couldn't really pose the hands more than a few times without endangering the wires beyond use.

Also, do the limbs move when posing in a smooth way like a TBL/Phicen, smoothish but jerky like a Jiaou, or rough and resisting like an Edation or old school phicen? Hope those aren't too many questions, I really enjoyed your breakdown (and great presentation lol).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kallor8 wrote:Can you tell me what you think about the durability of the fingers?  Have you ever used the Edation bodies for a point of comparison, because those were very flimsy and you couldn't really pose the hands more than a few times without endangering the wires beyond use.  

Also, do the limbs move when posing in a smooth way like a TBL/Phicen, smoothish but jerky like a Jiaou, or rough and resisting like an Edation or old school phicen?  Hope those aren't too many questions, I really enjoyed your breakdown (and great presentation lol).

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it. I cannot compare to the Edation bodies, as I have never owned or handled one. Also, I have owned this one for all of one day now, and have not played with it long enough to break anything. The fingers move and bend extremely easily, yet can hold even that sword (admittedly, it was plastic) without problem. I do not know how many times one can bed them before causing damage. Movement of the limbs is smooth, much more so than Jiaou; it does not feel as certain as posing TBLeague limbs, probably because the underlying skeleton is not complete or at any rate comparable. The limbs (and the whole body) jiggle a lot while posing and handling it. This also means the positioning is often not going to be as precise. I hope this helps.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
And was left profoundly depressed by the experience…. But not for long, as he soon had to take quick evasive action to avoid the wrath of a jealous and irate Butcher...

That part just about ended me, poor Ethan. 😂

I think the seamless wrists and poseable fingers are fantastic, but overall I’m a bit ‘meh’ about the body as a whole. As you say, not being able to stand unsupported is such a basic thing, and the OTT ab shading makes the sculpt look a bit cheap.

csyeung

csyeung
Haha , great review. Thanks for taking the bullet and grabbing this brand. I've never heard of it. Those abs haha. I liked the ending too!

gooboo

Yeah I got to say for the price they cost... I'm not too impressed with the quality of the anatomy. The bend in the arms is the most notable thing to me. Seamless hands and feet are neat, but not at the expense of other things.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:That part just about ended me, poor Ethan. 😂

I think the seamless wrists and poseable fingers are fantastic, but overall I’m a bit ‘meh’ about the body as a whole. As you say, not being able to stand unsupported is such a basic thing, and the OTT ab shading makes the sculpt look a bit cheap.

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to end you, but I take it you giggled and I'm glad to have helped with that. Smile I agree. I should have skipped the shading/"make up" and just colored the nipples myself as usual. Then the sculpt might have looked more realistic.

csyeung wrote:Haha , great review. Thanks for taking the bullet and grabbing this brand. I've never heard of it. Those abs haha. I liked the ending too!

Thank you very much, and you're welcome. I was curious, and now I know what to expect from this line. At this price point, these were not going to be a likely alternative to our usual TBLeague and Jiaou bodies, but I thought just maybe it would be worth it. As it is, it's got a lot of potential, some of it unfulfilled.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for taking one for the team, so to speak. I think overall it's perhaps a lil better than some of the Jiaou male body shapes (especially in the lower half), but like Lynkhart I'm not totally sold on it. I don't know what it is, but these seamless companies very rarely make male bodies that appeal to me. I mean, I guess the same can be said for the female bodies these days, too, but at least they do put out a lot wider variety when it comes to those.

But back to this one, the seamless wrists/fingers are probably the neatest feature on it, as the wrist line does often disrupt the aesthetic, though of course many of us are now experts on hiding those. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
skywalkersaga wrote: I don't know what it is, but these seamless companies very rarely make male bodies that appeal to me.  I mean, I guess the same can be said for the female bodies these days, too, but at least they do put out a lot wider variety when it comes to those.

Agreed. I’m not a huge fan of seamless bodies in general, mostly because I’m always afraid of damaging them, and the silicon picks up every tiny bit of fluff and dirt imaginable, so the two I own (a very generous gift from a friend!)have done virtually nothing but sit in their box since the day I got them! 😬

I’d love to see a better range of male bodies in particular, and especially more average and less muscled ones. There’s a character of mine I’d really like to see in 1/6th and while I have already bashed a custom of him, I had to use a Creatable World body as it was the closest thing to a short and skinny dude I could find, but the articulation isn’t all that great.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:

I’d love to see a better range of male bodies in particular, and especially more average and less muscled ones. There’s a character of mine I’d really like to see in 1/6th and while I have already bashed a custom of him, I had to use a Creatable World body as it was the closest thing to a short and skinny dude I could find, but the articulation isn’t all that great.

I feel you. There are quite a few male characters I'd like to do that require more subtle body types...either younger/slimmer or just...not a bodybuilder. Razz

The super tall M36 body is ok in that regard ....but the extreme height of it makes it unable to wear most existing 1/6 scale clothing. Not to mention it can't work for shorter characters!

ETA: There's also that recent Jiaou re-relase that is less overly muscled which I'd like to try, but I haven't had a chance to pick that one up yet.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
gooboo wrote:Yeah I got to say for the price they cost... I'm not too impressed with the quality of the anatomy. The bend in the arms is the most notable thing to me. Seamless hands and feet are neat, but not at the expense of other things.

Yes, the price is scary, especially for base bodies, and it would not be on the low end even if these were fully kitted up sets. Since I failed to notice it until after I took the prayer pose photo, I should probably investigate the ugly elbow bent (certainly so at 90 degrees). I'm sure they can bend further, but what it would look like I don't know.

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for taking one for the team, so to speak. I think overall it's perhaps a lil better than some of the Jiaou male body shapes (especially in the lower half), but like Lynkhart I'm not totally sold on it. I don't know what it is, but these seamless companies very rarely make male bodies that appeal to me.  I mean, I guess the same can be said for the female bodies these days, too, but at least they do put out a lot wider variety when it comes to those.

But back to this one, the seamless wrists/fingers are probably the neatest feature on it, as the wrist line does often disrupt the aesthetic, though of course many of us are now experts on hiding those. ;p

Apart from the asymmetric six pack and the look of the elbows at 90 degrees bent, I'm actually happy with the body sculpt overall -- the more slender shoulders look more realistic, although I think there is still a little room for improvement in the wrists, ankles, and feet ares. And of course the big issue of not being able to stand on its own. I agree that one of Jiaou's weak points (other than not having a continuous steel endoskeleton) is its shaping of the male legs -- the proportions are off (upper leg far too long), and they end up making them so thick that it looks as if they are wearing flesh-shaped thick pants over their legs. Which would still be fine if you cover them up and don't expect extreme articulation. Some of the LDDoll female bodies also have narrower shoulders and smaller busts, which is why I started looking at this line in the first place. But again, they won't stand unsupported.

Lynkhart wrote:Agreed. I’m not a huge fan of seamless bodies in general, mostly because I’m always afraid of damaging them, and the silicon picks up every tiny bit of fluff and dirt imaginable, so the two I own (a very generous gift from a friend!)have done virtually nothing but sit in their box since the day I got them! 😬

Christine, if you have TBLeague bodies (or even Jiaou bodies), they don't damage too easily. As long as you are being reasonably careful, there should be no problem. One of the reasons (other than relative cost) I chose this one for the experiment/review is that it is less bulky than most of what we get from other companies.

skywalkersaga wrote:I feel you. There are quite a few male characters I'd like to do that require more subtle body types...either younger/slimmer or just...not a bodybuilder. Razz

The super tall M36 body is ok in that regard ....but the extreme height of it makes it unable to wear most existing 1/6 scale clothing. Not to mention it can't work for shorter characters!

ETA: There's also that recent Jiaou re-relase that is less overly muscled which I'd like to try, but I haven't had a chance to pick that one up yet.

I agree, M36 is far too tall and lanky to work for any sort of average character. I thought it looked unrealistic, but after seeing some photos, it is actually ok, just a very specific body type. So is M32, even if not as tall. M31 is the easiest to clothe, but has various issues that keep me from even buying another, on principle (I do use a couple of them as fully and permanently clothed "Death Star Troopers." M33 is good, but possibly a little long-armed and maybe a little short-legged (though not too much); but while relatively slender compared to M30, M34, and M35, it is actually pretty buff. The Jiaou "teen body" (10A) is less buff (e.g., smaller biceps/triceps), and looks more slender, but mostly because it is taller -- in other words, in many areas it is not smaller. Take a look at the comparison review (second part) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3830-jiaou-doll-male-bodies-10a-11c-12d-and-tbleague-m30-m33-m35-comparison

I was hoping this LDDoll body would provide a more slender option, but being unable to stand on its own is a no go for me.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Throughout the entire review, I’m thinking “So Butcher is okay with all of this?!? Nice to see him make an appearance in the final panel.

The TBL is still an easy win for me.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I’m honestly not sure which bodies they are as I got them from a friend!

This photo is decidedly unhelpful for ID, I know, but it’s the only one I have to hand without getting them out.

https://flic.kr/p/ReHWP4

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:Throughout the entire review, I’m thinking “So Butcher is okay with all of this?!?  Nice to see him make an appearance in the final panel. The TBL is still an easy win for me.

Nice. Apparently Butcher did not get (or accept) the memo about Val being on a break from him. Smile There can be no doubt that the functionality of the TBLeague and Jiaou bodies excels for action figure purposes.

Lynkhart wrote:I’m honestly not sure which bodies they are as I got them from a friend!

This photo is decidedly unhelpful for ID, I know, but it’s the only one I have to hand without getting them out.

https://flic.kr/p/ReHWP4

I checked it out. The male body is almost certainly TBLeague's M33, which is a nice choice if it's going to be the only one you have. The female one is possibly also TBLeague, one of the taller bodies before S24A, perhaps pale (but then again suntan is not all that tan) and probably not S22A/S23B, so maybe an S18A/S19B?. You can always look at our catalog on this forum,
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

If you are going to be storing them long term, I would recommend putting them in plastic closable bags with a silica pack in each.

Pia community

Pia community
Thanks for this great report.
I have a LD Doll female 28L soft red with flexible fingers myself.
I am very careful with the fingers.
I can only confirm your points.
Nevertheless, I like her very much, but as an action figure, the TBL are unbeatable!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I was sooo wowed and excited at first...until I fully read the review. That pricetag is indeed a bit ridiculous considering the obvious flaws with this figure, paying almost triple what you normally would for other seamless bodies...but still with very apparent 'seams'...lol, kind of defeats the purpose - especially if one has to further modify/trim the skin after forking over so much dough. Otherwise, it seems to work quite well from a strictly front/back profile view.

I don't like how some sellers on Ebay have low-res images to make the seams less noticeable... 🧐

Also, I found this while searching around...does anybody have more info or insight to validate? The proportions are some of the best I've ever seen...
https://imall.com/product/Estartek-Uniquedoll-1-6-Soft-Silicone-SFD-Male-Body-UD4.0-Version-for-Obitsu-Azone-Collectible-Action-Figure-DIY/Toys-Hobbies-Toy-Figures/aliexpress.com/32916041900/144-15426491/en

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pia community wrote:Thanks for this great report.
I have a LD Doll female 28L soft red with flexible fingers myself.
I am very careful with the fingers.
I can only confirm your points.
Nevertheless, I like her very much, but as an action figure, the TBL are unbeatable!

Thank you. I'm glad that (apparently) the fingers are still working fine on yours too. Yep, TBL still reigns supreme, especially thanks to functionality.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:I was sooo wowed and excited at first...until I fully read the review. That pricetag is indeed a bit ridiculous considering the obvious flaws with this figure, paying almost triple what you normally would for other seamless bodies...but still with very apparent 'seams'...lol, kind of defeats the purpose - especially if one has to further modify/trim the skin after forking over so much dough. Otherwise, it seems to work quite well from a strictly front/back profile view.

I don't like how some sellers on Ebay have low-res images to make the seams less noticeable... 🧐

Also, I found this while searching around...does anybody have more info or insight to validate? The proportions are some of the best I've ever seen...
https://imall.com/product/Estartek-Uniquedoll-1-6-Soft-Silicone-SFD-Male-Body-UD4.0-Version-for-Obitsu-Azone-Collectible-Action-Figure-DIY/Toys-Hobbies-Toy-Figures/aliexpress.com/32916041900/144-15426491/en

Thanks, I felt much the same -- the high price is poorly offset by the various issues. As for eBay sellers, I think they largely use promotional images supplied by the company itself; some of these may have been photoshopped, or the subjects may have received additional grooming/pruning to make them look more flawless. As to the Estartek Uniquedoll body, this is the first I hear of it. It appears to be a pre-sale item (i.e., preorder) at present. There is an even more slender version, apparently. At least a couple of the listings confuse/conflate Estartek Uniquedoll and Lovely Doll/LDDoll figures, which may or may not be suggestive. From what I can see, the linked product even has separate toes, so more attention to detail, and apparently a more realistic coloring applied to parts of the body. However, and I appreciate them not disguising it, it cannot stand on its own. Notice how it is always pictured leaning or sitting on that glass. Up to three factors are at play, and even if only one of them is present, the body is likely to be unable to stand on its own: weak ankles, no continuous sturdy (ideally metal) skeleton, soft jiggly flesh material on the underside of the feet. That last one is probably hard to get around if one is to have seamless feet/ankles. The LDDoll body I reviewed had, it seems, good ankles (if anything maybe too stiff, but the diagram confirms a point of articulation there), but apparently suffered in the other two areas.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Even if it were priced the same as TBL, the highly visible seam and the crappy elbows are enough to stop me from buying one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Even if it were priced the same as TBL, the highly visible seam and the crappy elbows are enough to stop me from buying one.

Agreed. With the limitations and shortcomings, they would definitely make better sense at a palpably lower price. There is probably enough here to be considered a tradeoff (more seamless, more coloring, slenderer physique), but even TBLeague's floppy footed figures aren't substantially cheaper than the others, or are they (I don't even bother looking at them).

Diana

Diana
I think the strongest point for these figures, besides seamless wrists and ankles, is the physique. Jiaou male figures have ridiculously ugly legs. TBL's M33 has these stupidly long arms. However, This particular LDDoll seems to have weird upper arm to lower arm proportions! Which is why I'd be more inclined to go for the M33 after all. Or rather... wait, until somebody releases a not-too-buff male body with realistic proportions.

The female LDDoll figures, especially the EU28M, look pretty good though. I'd possibly be inclined to accept the seam and floppy feet.

The awkward posing of the fingers bugs me though. If I were to develop one of these I wouldn't release it until I figured out a way to use joints and stiff bars to avoid sausage fingers. That must be doable!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum