OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Review

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn2010

More photos HERE.

I was recently prompted to look into this product by rollotomasi. They have not been listed in the New Product Announcements on the site and I could not find it, although it was noted elsewhere by Melancholic without the full details, and thus seemed familiar. I was curious enough to give them a try, and purchased two from different sellers on eBay, AB001S (“wheat skin” or "suntan") and AB004S (“copper suntan skin”). Skintone apart, the bodies are identical. The leaflet inside names the product “1/6 Super Flexible Realistic Seamless Asian Female Body,” and identifies the seamless "flesh" rather opaquely as a "full rubber coating," whatever that really means. It feels similar to TBLeague's TPE bodies.

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn0210

Everything about the body suggests inspiration by TBLeague / Phicen. This starts with the style of packaging, even if it is more compact than TBLeague’s. There is no stand, but also no bikini or even silica packets. There is a little leaflet with suggestions on how to manipulate the body correctly.

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn0110

The body sculpt is tallish (just under 29 cm with a head) and a combination of lean and curvaceous. The neck is a little on the short side. There is some basic detail to the molded nipples and “secret private part,” but that is not particularly explicit. The shoulders are a bit on the wide side and do not have as much potential for lowering/narrowing as TBLeague’s. They appear to have a full metal endoskeleton, as advertised (“stainless steel skeleton”) — certainly all the visible joints are metal. The swappable hands and feet are molded in harder plastic, although they are in fact quite soft, which makes it easier to make them hold various items, and also easier to swap.

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn0310

The body is painted in an even skintone, without any specific coloring for any of its features. The harder plastic swappable hands and feet match well and are slightly sticky. The “wheat skin” of AB001S is very close to the recent TBLeague suntan, except perhaps ever so slightly richer/warmer in color. The “copper suntan skin” of AB004S is slightly more warm and reddish than the “wheat skin,” and a good match for my Hot Toys Angelina Jolie and Ming-Na Wen heads.

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn0510
Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn1010

The range of articulation is impressive, although slightly less far-reaching than that of the TBLeague bodies at the knees or elbows. Something that struck me as unusual is that the legs could not extend very far sideways from the hips without bouncing back, although they could do the splits going forward and backward. The somewhat softer material of the feet seems to weaken the ankles, and the bodies lose balance even more easily than their TBLeague counterparts. I was able to mitigate this by inserting a couple small strips of fabric elastic band in the holes on the feet to tighten the grip on the ball joints going in.

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn0410
Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn0610
Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn0710

There are no accessories, just spare/swappable parts. These include a total of three pairs of sculpted hands (relaxed, knife grip, and gun grip) and two pairs of feet (flat heels and high heels).

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn0810

As mentioned, there is no outfit / clothing of any kind included in the set. The somewhat broad shoulders and ample hips can make tighter outfits difficult to put on.

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn0910

I cannot yet speak as to the durability and the longevity of this new product, but I have not noticed any particular red flags so far. One of its major draws is the priceunder $40 from what I have seen — as well as the warmer skintones (there are actually additional skintones I have not purchased). I would have preferred it to be a bit shorter, although that is pretty much my only and minor complaint so far. It is perhaps a viable lower cost alternative for a sixth scale seamless female body with stainless steel skeleton vis-a-vis TBLeague's products.

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn1110

Where to buy? So far, it can sometimes be found for under $40 on eBay and for under $50 on Walmart of all places. Here are some links:

eBay AB001S wheat/suntan
eBay AB001W white/pale skin 
eBay AB003S normal skin
eBay AB004S copper suntan
Walmart AB001S suntan
Walmart AB001W white/pale skin

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn1210

As always, what do you think?

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Atn1310

More photos HERE.

Other reviews:

Hot Toys Star Wars Cobb Vanth

Hot Toys Star Wars Luke Skywalker Bespin Review and Fun

Hot Toys Star Wars Return of the Jedi Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Assault Tank Commander

Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Director Krennic

Homelander on a Budget (review of Toys Works' The Republican and comparisons to the others)

TBLeague Female Seamles Bodies S24A-S27B

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies

Kamisoul MAF Extreme Seamless Body with Jiaou and TBleague comparison

World Box AT030 Body

Six New-ish Bodies comparison

HH Model & Haoyu Toys Dragon Banner Bearer

Premier Toys PT0001 Wasteland Gladiator

Toys Headquarters Vol 003 Fighter

TBLeague Ramesses the Great

Figure Masters Vamp Lou

LDDoll Seamless Figure Body

John Constantine (Thunder Toys Hell Detective)

SooSoo Toys Frozen Man

SooSoo Toys Mr Butcher

Sideshow and Hot Toys Star Wars Scout Troopers (comparison)

Thunder Toys Hell Detective

Hot Toys Star Wars Emperor Palpatine

TBLeague Barbarian Soul

Hot Toys Star Wars Return of the Jedi Stormtrooper

ADD Toys War Wolves Back (muscle version)

World Box AT027 body

Hot Toys Star Wars Solo Mudtrooper

Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot

Woo Toys WO-004 Fat Thor

HH HY Rome Infantry

HH HY Rome Centurion

Mr Toys Barbarian Set B (He-Man)

Mr Toys Barbarian Set B (Conan the Barbarian)

Dragon and TBLeague Alexander the Great (comparison)

Kautic Plastik Roman Infantry 2019

JX Toys Peggy Carter

TBLeague 1:12 seamless male bodies

Hasbro Star Wars Boba Fett Throne Room, Jabba's Court

Hasbro Star Wars Rogue One Imperial Combat Assault Tank

Hasbro Star Wars imperials 2019

Hasbro Star Wars Jabba's Tatooine Skiff

CC Toys Unexplored Nate (summer version)

Jiaou Doll Boss Chair

Hot Toys Star Wars Solo Patrol Trooper

China Toys Teutonic Knight

Star Ace 300 Queen Gorgo

Black Box Toys Spectre Girl (Madeleine Swann)

Hot Toys Star Wars Royal Guard

VS Toys Bathroom

Coomodel Vikings Vanquisher Viking Ship

Coomodel Vikings Vanquisher Valhalla (double set)

TBLeague M36 body

Chinese wooden chairs and table sets A and B

HY Toys Armchair

TBLeague M35 body

Sideshow Jack Burton

Disney Star Wars Director Orson Krennic

TBLeague Spartan Goddess of War

AR Toys Hellman

Dragon Men in Black 3 Agent K 1969

#female #seamless #body #atn #metal

madnug

madnug

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Is it me, or do these just look like a KO TBL body…? Even their packaging is nearly identical.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f10

Diana

Diana
Oh that is awesome!! Thank you for the review! So helpful.
I really like the shaping of the legs. I would have welcomed a little more of that on the arms, but all good. They don't all have to be fighter types What a Face and this will work for a lot of characters. 
I agree that it would have been nice for her to be a little shorter, but at least she's not an S43. Laughing

The skin tones are of course welcome, and the body looks great, also in terms of proportions, for the heads you showed it with!

I can't find a TBL body that looks like this. She has the S23B legs, but an upper body more like that of the S33, but the waist is somewhere closer to the anime bodies. I don't particularly like the shape of the hips, but when posed it seems to work!

I THINK I found a seam line on her arm, but I had to look very hard for it. So that's a good thing, since the recent body announcements all had visible seam lines.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Great review!
I haven't heard of this body, and it's always good to have more options and more competition.
Articulation limitations are a bit disappointing. And its endoskeleton seems to have a belly joint but no diaphragm joint, whereas TBLeague bodies have both:

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Maxresdefault

Previously linked manual for 1/12 body:

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father

Thanks, I was wondering why it looked familiar, but we couldn't find it. Well now it has been reviewed and properly identified (which is difficult, since even the advertising materials are sloppy about it).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Is it me, or do these just look like a KO TBL body…? Even their packaging is nearly identical.

I agree. As noted, a lot of this feels like it took inspiration (if not more) from TBLeague, although it did not strike me as a specific copy of any TBLeague body I own. Maybe it compares to the tall "Asian" body I didn't buy, since this one is advertised (albeit only on its leaflet) that way. The diagrams in the leaflets (looking quickly at the one Visisonor reproduced in his comment here) use the same graphic, except for the marking of the joints, which is slightly different. If one could trust the diagrams, ATN has a different lower leg articulation, with a long joint going from a ball in the lower knee to a ball at the ankle, and also an additional swivel joint at the biceps (unless TBLeague simply forgot to indicate that one).

Diana wrote:Oh that is awesome!! Thank you for the review! So helpful.
I really like the shaping of the legs. I would have welcomed a little more of that on the arms, but all good. They don't all have to be fighter types What a Face and this will work for a lot of characters. 
I agree that it would have been nice for her to be a little shorter, but at least she's not an S43. Laughing

The skin tones are of course welcome, and the body looks great, also in terms of proportions, for the heads you showed it with!

I can't find a TBL body that looks like this. She has the S23B legs, but an upper body more like that of the S33, but the waist is somewhere closer to the anime bodies. I don't particularly like the shape of the hips, but when posed it seems to work!

I THINK I found a seam line on her arm, but I had to look very hard for it. So that's a good thing, since the recent body announcements all had visible seam lines.

You are very welcome, I'm glad you liked it. And fair points, I agree. Yes, indeed, she could have been taller, and I appreciate that she is not. There have been TBLeague bodies I have skipped, especially the more recent floppy footed and anime ones, and one that was advertised as Asian but was very tall -- which might just possibly be the inspiration for this one. It looks considerably better posed than standing just straight up, I agree.
I did not notice any seams while working with her, so if there are some traces of them here and there, they are probably very minimal, unlike some of these newly announced bodies.

Visisonor wrote:Great review!
I haven't heard of this body, and it's always good to have more options and more competition.
Articulation limitations are a bit disappointing. And its endoskeleton seems to have a belly joint but no diaphragm joint, whereas TBLeague bodies have both:

Thank you very much, glad you liked it. Yes, always good to have more options. I liked it enough to order a second copper suntan one. Though it's true, it doesn't have quite the range of TBLeague, but it makes do for the most part. I'm not positive the difference in the diagrams isn't just a question or how they represented the joint nominally, although it certainly does not quite match TBLeague's abdominal fold. All in all, I wouldn't mind if they made more bodies, female and male, at this lower price point, and with these arguably better colors.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks for the detailed review, Ian!  Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f44d  Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f44d  Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f44d
I've seen these bodies on eBay, but avoided them, because I did not know what quality to expect. Seems that they might be a valid alternative for female characters with an intermediate build. It would be really great if you would be so kind to update the review in a couple of month to let us know about the longevity of the material.

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:additional swivel joint at the biceps (unless TBLeague simply forgot to indicate that one).
I've linked the wrong sheet. It was for 1/12 figure.

Here is the right one (and also with two torso joints):
Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body Maxresdefault

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:Thanks for the detailed review, Ian!  Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f44d  Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f44d  Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f44d
I've seen these bodies on eBay, but avoided them, because I did not know what quality to expect. Seems that they might be a valid alternative for female characters with an intermediate build. It would be really great if you would be so kind to update the review in a couple of month to let us know about the longevity of the material.

Thank you very much, Ralf, I'm delighted you liked it. Seems ok. The others who had picked up the body before me, as it turned out, have not noted any problems over time (since at least mid-November), but I will keep an eye on it and report on how it holds up.

Visisonor wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:additional swivel joint at the biceps (unless TBLeague simply forgot to indicate that one).
I've linked the wrong sheet. It was for 1/12 figure.

Here is the right one (and also with two torso joints):

Ah, I see, I was reminded of the famous absence of the biceps swivel joints on the 1:12 figures when I saw it, but didn't realize it was indeed the diagram for that. In that case, the similarity between the ATN and TBLeague bodies is even closer.

Visisonor

Visisonor
After looking at these diagrams more, I think the ANT body also has both lower and upper torso joints. They just seem to be arranged differently.

madnug

madnug
Randam Hajile wrote:Thanks for the detailed review, Ian!  Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f44d  Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f44d  Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 1f44d

The quality and durability is quite good, id say it’s much more durable than jiaou..
colour options also can match with hottoys reddish to brown HS.
only the shape is kinda mix bag, especially the long upper body and long thigh..

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:After looking at these diagrams more, I think the ANT body also has both lower and upper torso joints. They just seem to be arranged differently.
They are certainly represented differently, but unless we were to open one and check, we would not know how accurate the diagram really is.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Always nice to have an in-depth review from GF!

For me this body seems better for a figure where you want tbleague-esque posing capabilities but don't mind if it is mostly clothed, mainly because the shape is a little odd but seems like it would work ok under clothing. Though it is certainly nice that it might match some other suntan skintone variations out there.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Always nice to have an in-depth review from GF!

For me this body seems better for a figure where you want tbleague-esque posing capabilities but don't mind if it is mostly clothed, mainly because the shape is a little odd but seems like it would work ok under clothing. Though it is certainly nice that it might match some other suntan skintone variations out there.
Thank you for commenting, Sky, and glad you liked the review.

I agree, the body shape strikes me as a little odd too, and side, posed, and clothed views greatly help make it look better. The warmer skintones and the lower price are its main advantages.

BAMComix

BAMComix
I must admit, I tend to avoid anything that's not tbl. I find other makes don't have the movement of a phicen. However, this one looks pretty good. Nonetheless, a great review Ian, thanks for posting it bounce .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:I must admit, I tend to avoid anything that's not tbl. I find other makes don't have the movement of a phicen. However, this one looks pretty good. Nonetheless, a great review Ian, thanks for posting it bounce .
Thanks, Dal, glad you liked it. I can't blame you. No one has quite caught up with TBLeague just yet. This one comes close. It's movement is very similar, and the joints pretty tight; but the range of motion/poseability is not quite as far-reaching. Again, color and price are its main pros, if you need to make choices involving these things.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Thanks for the complete review! Now I'm going for the Copper Suntan instead of Suntan.
I thought of the same description as Diana, S23-like legs with S33-like upper torso which looks fine to me.
Jolie head and the chaise lounge look great!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:Thanks for the complete review! Now I'm going for the Copper Suntan instead of Suntan.
I thought of the same description as Diana, S23-like legs with S33-like upper torso which looks fine to me.
Jolie head and the chaise lounge look great!
Thank you very much, glad you liked it/them. Smile And thank you for bringing it to my attention. As you would have seen above, we've figured out why they looked sorta familiar yet we could not place or find them. Give it a try, I think you won't be too disappointed, depending on what you need. Not as wide-ranging in poseability as a TBLeague, but still quite viable. Since you mentioned Leia when you first asked, I think it might be a good match for the head sculpts (especially Hot Toys), although of course the body is objectively too tall for Carrie Fisher.

meow

so I bought me one of this maybe now a month ago. and ya I found them to be very similar to TBLeague/Phicen.
even the overall weight seem to be the same.  I don't know if I found the neck shorter or maybe the head + peg I used.
what I did find a little annoying was that the feet and even hands but mostly the feet don't lock in place as tightly as TBL/P
that was my biggest disappointment but I put a little piece of foam like to make it tight and not swivel therefore getting it to stand firmly

This is the one in the pink skirt with white tights.
on the second picture from left to right is a TBL S28, ANT AB001 Suntan Skin, TBL S28, TBL S53, TBL S46, TBL S42
they are all wearing high heels withe the exception of the S42 Flat shoes.

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 20240110

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 20240111

madnug

madnug
meow wrote:so I bought me one of this maybe now a month ago. and ya I found them to be very similar to TBLeague/Phicen.
even the overall weight seem to be the same.  I don't know if I found the neck shorter or maybe the head + peg I used.
what I did find a little annoying was that the feet and even hands but mostly the feet don't lock in place as tightly as TBL/P
that was my biggest disappointment but I put a little piece of foam like to make it tight and not swivel therefore getting it to stand firmly

on the second picture from left to right is a TBL S28, ANT AB001 Suntan Skin, TBL S28, TBL S53, TBL S46, TBL S42

Newish Body review: ANT Flexible Female Seamless Body 20240111

meow,
the S28 just look just as tall with heels and bigger arms doesn't seem obvious when clothed.. i was always on the fence on the s28.

The ANT body shape is unique to its own, the upper body has the boob droop quite lower than most other brands body..

may i know whats the second Head sculpt from the right, the one in Pink Tank top

Diana

Diana
You have a beautiful set of ladies there! Smile

The ANT body fits right in. She looks really beautiful with that top, and the overall combination makes her tiny waist work, too. Nicely done! 

I am not sure whether I've seen those two brown haired heads, but they sure caught my attention, too. Very pretty! 

The S28/29 are still my favourites together with the S22/23. Will see, whether one day a body will emerge that combines the best of both. Smile

meow

madnug wrote:
meow wrote:so I bought me one of this maybe now a month ago. and ya I found them to be very similar to TBLeague/Phicen.

meow,
the S28 just look just as tall with heels and bigger arms doesn't seem obvious when clothed.. i was always on the fence on the s28.

The ANT body shape is unique to its own, the upper body has the boob droop quite lower than most other brands body..

may i know whats the second Head sculpt from the right, the one in Pink Tank top

Yes, the head is from "SUPER DUCK SET071 Godness of Darkness;" I had order this set and didn't really like it when I got it so I scrapped the project and kept the head, put a different wig on. SD heads are probably one of the easiest to fit most wigs out there.

madnug

madnug
i see its a morrigan head with a custom hair, thanks for the info

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, the ANT body looks good alongside the others -- no one would suspect it is from another line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum