OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Features:

2 head sculpts

Seamless figure body

4 pair of hands

Full costume as picture, waist made with real leather

Figure stand

NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_00210
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_00310
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_00410
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_00510
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_00610
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_00710
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_00810
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_00910
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_01010
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_01110
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_01210
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary Bm_00110

#newproduct #TunshiStudio #KingofFighters97 #BlueMary #female #videogame-based

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks rather good. The stylized appearance probably helps in rendering the game character.

Diana

Diana
If I had any connection to the character I'd be squeeking with joy. I think she looks fantastic!
Gotta love a good side glance, and I don't even mind the sculpted hair.
The thumbs up is cool, too!

Ok, I dangerously close to talking myself into buying this. Evil or Very Mad

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:She looks rather good. The stylized appearance probably helps in rendering the game character.

Yes, but are we looking at pictures of an actual figure, or just renders? Maybe the stylized appearance is throwing me, but I honestly can't tell, can you? They don't look real to me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:She looks rather good. The stylized appearance probably helps in rendering the game character.

Yes, but are we looking at pictures of an actual figure, or just renders?  Maybe the stylized appearance is throwing me, but I honestly can't tell, can you?  They don't look real to me.

Good point. It is so stylized and immaculate, that it could be a render.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

Yes, but are we looking at pictures of an actual figure, or just renders?  Maybe the stylized appearance is throwing me, but I honestly can't tell, can you?  They don't look real to me.

Good point. It is so stylized and immaculate, that it could be a render.

I’m seeing this more and more, that some Promo Set advertising being put out there isn’t what it pretends to be.  Especially easy for a licensed game character.  The Licensor gives them the original 3D-CAD-ish design files, to be used for reference, and someone could photoshop this kind of Promo Set in 15 minutes, no effort whatsoever, and pure vapourware (that they might even take pre-orders on).  

A “teaser” would be one thing: announcing “Look, here’s our design concept for something we’re working on, actual pics to come later.”  But when I see a full promo set advertisement like this one, I think they’re representing it’s a real physical object that exists at least at the prototype stage.  In this case they actually call it a Prototype (as usual, subject to possible change of details, ok).  But are they being fast and loose, calling a mere design render a “prototype”?  A prototype is an early sample, model or release of a product built to test a concept or process.  Key word, built.  I'm quite suspicious this is "fake" and hope someone calls them on it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree completely, MBAM.

ZombieKev

Those clothes are real. You can find high res photos of this online and the pants and belt and other pieces have the fine imperfections and scale issues of an actual 1/6 item (though one that is probably made more carefully than the shipped product will be). However, it's quite possible they touched up the photos, especially the head and body. There's a glossy, "fashion photoshoot" quality to the 'skin' that make it looks like the image has been highly manipulated.

Personally, I like the head as a stylized head, but it doesn't capture Blue Mary's spirit to me. Her expression should be more eager and enthusiastic-looking and her face should be rounder. For a $200 figure with not many accessories, I feel like the head sculpt has to nail it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's some pics that may help (definitely not a render):

NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary 15332610
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary 15333310
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary 17585310
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary 17585910
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary 20400111
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary 20400110
NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary 20400210

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TUNSHI STUDIO - SNK - King of Fighters 97 1/6 Scale Blue Mary C8485110

Diana

Diana
I like those purple-ish pants and gloves much better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum