OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Easy&Simple: 26044S 1/6 Scale SMU Tier1 Operator Part XII The Evacuation Team

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sometimes these sets can look nearly identical. But I suppose (a) experts would delight in being able to spot and appreciate the differences and (b) we're talking soldiers here, so one would need a lot of nearly identical ones for army building anyway. Whatever this is, it's another beautifully loaded modern military set. So many cool little details.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I'm growing to like these military sets more and more, specially this new line from E&S.
One thing that kinda bugged me on this particular figure is that the HS doesn't fit well on the neck.Does the HS seem a bit small or thin when looking at the neck, or is it just me? Fully geared isn't even noticeable.
How well do these HS's go with a TBL body, in regards to skin color?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:I'm growing to like these military sets more and more, specially this new line from E&S.
One thing that kinda bugged me on this particular figure is that the HS doesn't fit well on the neck.Does the HS seem a bit small or thin when looking at the neck, or is it just me? Fully geared isn't even noticeable.
How well do these HS's go with a TBL body, in regards to skin color?

I will have to get back to you on that. I know DAM heads these days tend to be considerably lighter than TBLeague's male suntan -- in the Clothing Seamless Bodies thread, I applied a translucent suntan layer to Stiffler, for example. E&S may be different, but it may also vary over time. I will have to dig out an E&S head and check. (Funny the issue should come up now. I literally just recolored a TBLeague body using as reference a third party head sculpt that is the same color as the new DAM bodies.)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi Lobster,
Here is a comparison between a recent Easy & Simple head (ES-26043SW) and the TBLeague M33 body -- both the unmodified suntan body that comes out of the box, and my pale 2.0 mod. It is closer to the original suntan, but a bit lighter than it. Unless you find the right pastel color (which is not one I have found), I would recommend partly repainting the head (blending different oil pastel colors on top of the TPE surface is quite difficult). Mix acrylics (preferably with some ultra matte medium) to match the target color, and apply them fairly watered down with a cotton q-tip to the surface of the head, and especially so on the part of the neck showing under the ears and below the jawline -- that is a theoretically defined part of the face, and the one that "meets" the neck. You may need more than one layer, as you should keep it fairly transparent. There is some risk of ending up with a splotchy or dirty look, so keep another q-tip and some alcohol handy to correct any mistakes or over-application. You can check our a repainting thread in the Tutorials section here (although the detailed explanations tend to be on more thorough repainting); if you are repainting the body, you know the pale thread in General Talk, there is also a general thread with extra links in the Tutorials section here -- and there may be other relevant ones there.

NEW PRODUCT: Easy&Simple: 26044S 1/6 Scale SMU Tier1 Operator Part XII The Evacuation Team Eshead10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum