OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A steampunk Lady

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A steampunk Lady Empty A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:02 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
A few weeks ago I saw an offering of a nice steampunk-style dress.

After it arrived I made a quick kitbash - She is not finished yet, missing a nice hat, a weapon, more flexible gloves and different boots i think.

But I liked the dress so much, I made some photos for a first view

A steampunk Lady ZHeh433h

A steampunk Lady A8ziABbh

A steampunk Lady 4RYoZI2h

A steampunk Lady 4rTW9JUh

A steampunk Lady GvIWhPPh

A steampunk Lady VbyibhKh

2A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:24 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for showing, Val. She´s a real beauty. The Head works fantastic for the character and Your background is great to. Very skillful photograpie. In the third picture, You´ve got the perfect light. The pictures are all Great, don´t missunderstand. But sometimes we can do a perfect shot and for me this is one. from 100 Pictures i made, there´s sometimes one i say " Oh, that´s perfect. " Very Happy

She will looks great next to Your fantastic Avatar Guy

3A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:20 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Agree with Ephi. That dress is really nice. Could also work for a Saloon Girl. I had a similar style dress made back in 2017 for my Pirate Queen.

A steampunk Lady 3555ba10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A steampunk Lady C8485110

4A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:25 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks

She is great Stryker. The whole compartment is nicely done with that pirate crew guy in the back. Which head and hat is that if I may ask? love it. and the dress is also nice of course.

5A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:26 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, ha! I know the artist who made that! I'm so glad it was you who bought it! :'D

It looks great on her, and your photos are spectacular as always. Beautiful backdrop, posing, and lighting!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:27 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The hat was from a really old Blackbeard figure (can’t remember who made it), that I managed to grab loose. The head is from one of the first Very Cool military girls sets (I think it was supposed to be a smiling Angelina Jolie).

Edit: The hat was from the William Teach (aka Blackbeard) figure from Sideshow. The head sculpt is from Very Cool VCF-2029 Female Shooter.

A steampunk Lady Extern73

7A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:03 am

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
Not that it matters, but . . .

A couple of years, Joe Benitez artist of the steampunk comic book character/series LADY MECHANIKA confirmed he was approached by PHICEN/TBL and EXECUTIVE REPLICAS to license LADY MECHANIKA as a 1:6 female figure.

It's been a couple of years and nothing materialized.

Go figure.

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

A steampunk Lady 23116610

8A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:19 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:
Could also work for a Saloon Girl.

I had the same thoughts when I tried this head, which looks like a typical saloon girl from your western movie:

A steampunk Lady R6GHyTWh
A steampunk Lady 13aPdgIh

Edit:
And that very cool head is a perfect fit for your pirate queen. Perfect mimic and that little red headband is top. Thanks for looking it up.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, ha! I know the artist who made that! I'm so glad it was you who bought it! :'D

It looks great on her, and your photos are spectacular as always. Beautiful backdrop, posing, and lighting!

cheers  king Haha great that you know her. thank you

SithDarkLordDFC wrote:Not that it matters, but . . .

A couple of years, Joe Benitez artist of the steampunk comic book character/series LADY MECHANIKA confirmed he was approached by PHICEN/TBL and EXECUTIVE REPLICAS to license LADY MECHANIKA as a 1:6 female figure.

It's been a couple of years and nothing materialized.

Go figure.

Thanks for the anecdote, made me google for Lady mechanika. Always nice to get inspiration

9A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:53 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’d be interested to know if this is still available anywhere.

10A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:01 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
PM'd you, Stryker. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent work, Valiarde, the figure look great with either head. Steampunk is not really my thing, but the cross between it and western themes works beautifully here. It even works with your more conventional medieval fantasy background. I'm hoping you'll be putting together more of these characters and show us a little scene down the line.

Nice to see Mark's pirate queen (and her helper) again; that is a great head sculpt, wish I had hunted it down while it was available. I remember searching for and finally buying (for an exorbitant price) the Megan Fox set, VCF-2026.

12A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:10 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:PM'd you, Stryker. : )

That is really kind that you can help Stryker, bc it was the only one in the shop - but if more can be made, that would be great Smile

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent work, Valiarde, the figure look great with either head. Steampunk is not really my thing, but the cross between it and western themes works beautifully here. It even works with your more conventional medieval fantasy background. I'm hoping you'll be putting together more of these characters and show us a little scene down the line.

Nice to see Mark's pirate queen (and her helper) again; that is a great head sculpt, wish I had hunted it down while it was available. I remember searching for and finally buying (for an exorbitant price) the Megan Fox set, VCF-2026.

Thanks GF, I'm probably aiming for a cross between Steampunk and Western Fantasy anyway, not a die-hard steampunk theme. I also hope I can show a scene in the future. But in between I'm having other projects too, but once its ready i will show more.

I was looking on ebay for that verycool figure and yeah, it is astronomical now. Smile

13A steampunk Lady Empty Re: A steampunk Lady Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:20 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very cool, I'm not a fan of steampunk but I do enjoy the more realistic designs (not a big fan of redundant gears). Yours is realistic but also very steampunkish, hoping to see it finished.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A steampunk Lady 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum