OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Name: 1/6 Ciri Armored Action Figure
Product Numbers: J-002
Product configuration:
1. Exquisite Head Sculpture x1
2. Articulated body x1
3. Wolf Head Necklace x2
4. Shoulder armor x1
5. Armor x1
6. Waistband x1
7. Knee pads x2
8. Glove hand type x4
9. Back Sword Belt x1
10. Long sword x1
11. Boots x2
12. Underwear x1
13. Red shirt x1
14. Front and rear skirts x1
15. Pants x1
16. Red trousers x1

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15050612
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15050810
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15050911
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15051010
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15051112
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15051310
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15051411
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15051512
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15051713
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15051812
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15051912
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15052013
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 15052112

#newproduct #NineCraftsmen #Ciri #ArmorEdition #female #videogame-based #fantasy

suo76

Funny what they call an armor here.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Well, it actually closely resembles Ciri's alternative outfit in the Witcher III. Definitively interesting  for die-hard Wichter fans, but not a must-have figure for me. Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 1f600

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's a cool figure, and I'm glad it is faithful to the source. But yes, objectively speaking, that is very selective "armor" Smile

csyeung

csyeung
I like this armor in the game. I feel there's something off about the tailoring that makes it look off on this figure though. Maybe the top piece is a bit bulky? I think the pants are a little higher on the actual game sprites. The one piece boots will be a problem for posing though. The other details look cool. I'm always weary when it's a new company though. Proto to final is always a big question mark so the proto needs to be super good.

Here's a pic of the source material for reference:

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 Icon_o10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks pretty close to the "vanilla" version. The "apron" portion in the game is split down the middle, but not so in the set. One might have thought that scar would have led the character to reconsider the bared midriff, but I guess one makes concessions to enthusiastic gamers... Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’d be concerned about the body and boots, since not one shot shows the legs bent. Does she have Barbie legs or something…?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:It looks pretty close to the "vanilla" version. The "apron" portion in the game is split down the middle, but not so in the set. One might have thought that scar would have led the character to reconsider the bared midriff, but I guess one makes concessions to enthusiastic gamers... Wink

The exposed midrift is to distract the enemies!!

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
The figure itself seems well done and to a point i get why companies go the "safe route", but how many geralts or ciris does one need if there aint not a single monster figure to slay and display with ? (Not counting those putting their figures on a shelf by themselves, which is fine) what setting should i build to put my figures in? geralt playing gwent? personally i've not yet bought a single figure from the witcher for the lack of "essential" background critters, no matter how much i enjoyed the game. same thing with fallout(where i can at least kitbash raiders) give me a basic ghoul figure with changeable faces and i'd go nuts army building a horde and spend more money in the process for the same product.

sorry for the rant, nothing against the figure, just my 2cents.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent point, Tjolnir.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Tjolnir
At least my Geralt does not want to stay on the shelf and goes troll hunting on Skellige, whenever I let him out Laughing

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 51753539232_17771b4f5f_kCJ3A3498 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Awesome Troll, Randam. The whole scene, really.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
Now thats what im talking about, great shot Smile what scale is the troll figure ?

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@GF
Thanks for the kind words!

@Tjolnir
Thanks! The troll is from the Mythic Legions series, which are actually 1/12 figures. Still, the troll reaches about 30 cm and is about the same size as Geralt, which makes it a suitable adversary for him.

There are also goblins from the Mythic Legions series that could be mixed with 1/6 figures, as goblins are described as relatively small monsters in some fantasy settings.
Here is another pic (sorry for the revealing outfit of the female character)...

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: Nine Craftsmen: 1/6 Ciri Armor Edition Convertible J-002 51586389772_332453a790_kCJ3A2450 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Love your goblins too, I think we've seen them before. The female outfit is no more revealing than some of the fantasy female warriors we've seen out for sale by various companies. Actually, in a way it is perhaps less problematic, as she does not really struggle with an awkward combination between armor and lack of it, she is just sorta exotic (although I suppose there is a paradox in whether she is dressed for warmth or cold). Smile But is that a 1:12 piece adapted for 1:6 purposes that she is wearing? And is the head a Rey? Anyway, the effect is suitably fantastical.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
now that you've mentioned it i saw those figures before at my go to shop.if i'm not mistaken they're designed by 4horsemen, got a few of the masters of the universe classics figures back in the day, that were their design too.
agreed, the scale does work and while on the upper price range for 1/12 figures in my opinion, still cheaper than an actual 1/6 troll. though their hunched over posture ingame give the impression of almost geralts height.
bummer such "small" figures took the price place 1/6 ones were at years ago. would have been head over heals into storm collectibles mortal kombat, but 80€ for one tiny colored ninja, no thank you 😀

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@GF
Yes, I've shown the reddish goblin before in the thread about Red Sonja. I'm very fond of these little guys and have now five in my collection. The outfit on the WIP "thief girl"-character is actually from the Tbleague Arrhian head huntress. The head is a HT Rey sculpt from "Last Jedi".

@Tjolnir
They are indeed made by "4horsemen". You are right that they are insanely expensive, especially here in Germany. However, one can preorder them directly from the manufacturer in the U.S. for a much more reasonable price.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:@GF Yes, I've shown the reddish goblin before in the thread about Red Sonja. I'm very fond of these little guys and have now five in my collection. The outfit on the WIP "thief girl"-character is actually from the Tbleague Arrhian head huntress. The head is a HT Rey sculpt from "Last Jedi".

Thanks for confirming. Say, does the Troll have knee and thigh/hip articulation? Can it kneel or sit? I'm pretty sure I don't see knee articulation but can't tell whether he can move his upper legs either.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@GF
Leg articulation on the troll is pretty limited. One can rotate the legs at the hip and rotate the feet. There is no joint at the knees. That said, it is not a very big problem, as balancing the massive upper body anyway forbids extreme leg positions.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:@GF
Leg articulation on the troll is pretty limited. One can rotate the legs at the hip and rotate the feet. There is no joint at the knees. That said, it is not a very big problem, as balancing the massive upper body anyway forbids extreme leg positions.

Thank you, Randam. It looks so good, I went ahead and ordered a version of it anyway, although I'm always annoyed when there is less articulation. Sounds like my Hasbro Rancor -- although that lacks elbow articulation as well. So here it is better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum