OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gooboo

POPTOYS 1/6 Armored Legend Series-The Second Bullet of the Europa War, the Guardian of the Eagle, The Guard of the Armored Eagle Guard
(Ultra-thin Die-cast Alloy Armor)

ALS010 The Iron Armored Eagle-The Guard
Silver Armor Edition ALS011 The Iron Armored Eagle Cavalier-The Guard Black
Armored Edition ALS012 Iron Armored Eagle Guards
Silver Armored Warhorse ALS013

ALS010 Iron Armored Eagle-Guard Silver Armor Version:

1. Head sculpture*1
2. Female body*1
3. Armor hand type*4
4. Shirt*1
5. Pants*1
6. Cloak*1
7. Belt*1
8. Helmet*1 (metal)
9. Body armor*1 (metal)
10. Arm armor*2 (metal)
11. Leg armor*2 (metal)
12. One-handed sword*1 (alloy)
13. Eagle shield* 1 (Metal)
14. GuardSpear*1 (Metal)
15. Armor Frame*1
16. Bracket*1
Barcode: 971281620611

POPTOYS 1/6 ALS010 Eagle Knight Guard Silver armor Version
BAR CODE: 971281620611
List:
1.Head* 1
2.Female body*1
3.Hands*4
4.Undershirt*1
5.Pants*1 pair
6.Cloak*1
7.Belt*1
8.Armet*1(Metal)
9.Body armor*1(Metal)
10. Arm armor*2 (Metal)
11.Cuish*2 (Metal)
12.One-handed sword*1(Metal)
13.Eagle shield*1(Metal)
14.Spear*1(Metal)
15.Armor stand*1(wooden)
16.Figure stand*1

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight21

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight22

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight23

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight24

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight25

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight26

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight30

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight31

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight32

ALS011 Iron Armored Eagle-Guard Black Armor Version: 1. Head sculpture*1 2. Female body*1 3. Armor hand type*4 4. Shirt*1 5. Pants*1 6. Cloak*1 7. Belt*1 8. Helmet * 1 (metal) 9. Body armor * 1 (metal) 10. Arm armor * 2 (metal) 11. Leg armor * 2 (metal) 12. Walking sword * 2 (metal) 13. Guardian spear* 1 (metal) 14. Armor frame*1 15. Bracket*1 Barcode: 971281620628 POPTOYS 1/6 ALS011 Eagle Knight Guard Black armor Version BAR CODE: 971281620628 List: 1.Head*1 2.Female body*1 3.Hands *4 4.Undershirt*1 5.Pants*1 pair 6.Cloak*1 7.Belt*1 8.Armet*1(Metal) 9.Body armor*1(Metal) 10.Arm armor*2(Metal) 11 .Cuish*2 (Metal)

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight33

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight34

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight35

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight38

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight36

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight37

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight39

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight41

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight40

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight42

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight43

gooboo

A more fantastical interpretation of plate armor this time around. I'm not sure which version I want to get. I'm leaning towards silver since I the last knight I got from Poptoys was the black knight. I'll probably skip the horse this time around.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For fantasy armor, this is actually pretty cool. I just hate their underlying bodies with the absolute garbage wrist joints and the inability to hold anything heavy without falling out of the socket. Pretty neat looking though — but yeah, the pair horses are best hidden under so much armor one doesn’t notice the anatomical inaccuracies.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
They aren't really of interest to me as complete sets, but I think it's interesting how these 'Europa Wars' paired sets offer one set with a realistic head sculpt and one with a slightly more stylised head sculpt.

I love the deglamourised 'Griffon' (Gryphon) Knight sculpt from the last pairing so if I see the silver version here loose I could well pick that up.

Valiarde

Valiarde
The heads are quiet pretty but even though I'm a knight and a fantasy fanatic, they don'T really appeal to me. PArt of it is also the bad bodies and heavy armor. Those metal shields are utter horrible. Small and heavy.
The helmets are cool and the capes.

Era of European War Laughing Yeah, sure

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL At first I thought this was an interpretation of Sauron. Spectacular sets, certainly, but this combination of fantasy and realism and cartoonism doesn't quite do it for me personally. It was nice to give them matching horses with all the matching equipment.

Annalise

Annalise
Easy pass on these. The horses are the same as the previous release only different liveries. Hey gooboo - let us know if the helmets actually fit on their heads this time around.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Annalise wrote:Easy pass on these. The horses are the same as the previous release only different liveries. Hey gooboo - let us know if the helmets actually fit on their heads this time around.

Yeah, the helmets were my first thought too.  There shouldn't be any problem this time around, but not because Poptoys have learned anything.  Rather the "slide down casque" design of these, doesn't raise the defect or problem, unlike the neck protection and full head wraparound of the last ones.  

My eyes like these figures, but this time around the feeling isn't going to reach my wallet.  Interesting choice though to do a quasi/kinda historical (or at least traditional) duo first time, and then a full on fantasy duo as a follow-up.

brassco

brassco
The Sauron style helmet is very appealing to me. I might pick up loose pieces.

I also noticed this female figure is not too much sexualized, almost no skin showing. I am thinking hard about whether to get these...

csyeung

csyeung
Looks kinda neat. Reminds me a bit of online fantasy games. I do like the armor design. At least it doesn't look like they are in high heels.

gooboo

Looks like these are pre-ordering for around $250-$280 for the knights alone, and as for as I can tell Poptoys isn't selling any of these directly from their website anymore. I wonder why they're more expensive than the last knights were.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I absolutely love the head sculpt on the Black Knight, but it’s the type of sculpt that can’t afford to lose anything in the translation from prototype to production, and there’s almost always at least a little bit of a drop off there. It’s kind of a moot point, though. All of the flaws mentioned above above would drive me nuts especially at that asking price.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
gooboo wrote:Looks like these are pre-ordering for around $250-$280 for the knights alone, and as for as I can tell Poptoys isn't selling any of these directly from their website anymore. I wonder why they're more expensive than the last knights were.

If they aren't selling them direct -- it's due to 3rd party connection (everyone gets their cut).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:
gooboo wrote:Looks like these are pre-ordering for around $250-$280 for the knights alone, and as for as I can tell Poptoys isn't selling any of these directly from their website anymore. I wonder why they're more expensive than the last knights were.

If they aren't selling them direct -- it's due to 3rd party connection (everyone gets their cut).

Gooboo's got a point though, that isn't really answered by "everyone gets their cut."  His question wasn't just why these are expensive, but specifically, where does the price difference come from between Wave 1 and Wave 2.  For example, at Big Bad Toy Store the current Knight Guard is $285 but the previous Griffin Knight is $240.  Same people taking a cut all around, so why the extra $45 this time?  If anything the Griffin Knight should be the more expensive one, with the added jousting lance and the standing banner that you don't get with the new one.  Horses are up $155 -> $190 so overall $80 more. It's a good question but I've got no answer.  I'm guessing either a)  Pop Toys got stupid greedy 'cause the first Wave did well, and they increased the price;  or b) some kind of post Covid-19 effect that is destabilizing pricing generally.

gooboo

Decided to pre-order the silver version from Giantoy today. I do like the head of the black version though, and I'm curious to see what it will look like in-hand.

gooboo

Got my invoice for the silver version today. Will post pictures whenever I get it.

gooboo

I got my knight in the mail yesterday, here are some pics.

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight44

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War II-Guardian of the Eagle Iron Armored Eagle Guard Silver Edition/Black Armor Edition/War Horse Knight45

No complaints about any of her equipment. There's basically no assembly required for the armor and belts on this figure. It comes with some superglue to glue the top and bottom of the halberd to the pole, and the feathers to her helmet, which I have not yet done. Her hands stay on a little better than the earlier black knight model I bought, but they still aren't anywhere near as good as Phicen's hands.

I think her face more or less looks like the face in the promo shots. I don't like her hair much, but I was planning on re-hairing the head from the beginning so that's not something that ever bothered me.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice one, i think it is a great stern looking hs. Thanks for the in hand pics.

Still waiting for my copper version.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Definitely looks like a quality figure to me. Thanks for the in-hand pics. They’re always appreciated.

gooboo

Valiarde wrote:Nice one, i think it is a great stern looking hs. Thanks for the in hand pics.

You got the venue version? Where did you buy it from?

csyeung

csyeung
Looks pretty good! thanks for sharing!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks good. And comes with its own superglue? That's super! Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
gooboo wrote:
Valiarde wrote:Nice one, i think it is a great stern looking hs. Thanks for the in hand pics.

You got the venue version? Where did you buy it from?

Preordered in an european store. Amazing collectibles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum