OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

csyeung

I didn't get this but excited to see how they turned out!

Ghost808

Looking forward to in hand pics. I will get one if they are nice. And assuming stock levels last.

GeeWillikers

My two have just arrived.

First impressions: The two heads are more alike to each other than in the promos, mostly resembling head A, but neither is exactly like any of them. The hair is OK, actually - a little choppy at the back perhaps, but both fringes are trimmed fairly well. Oddly, there are no neck pegs included, so you will either need to pad the sockets or use an existing peg. Skintone: in hand, I'd say they were TBL pale, but judge for yourselves:

Pale at left, suntan at right.

Natural Daylight:
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 DSCN7726

Ambient Lighting:
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 DSCN7729

Flash:
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 DSCN7724

BIG SOCKET:
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 DSCN7733

Diana

Thank you for the pics!

They do look pretty, but I realize I really did not need two of them. Laughing

I ordered green and white, so I'm looking forward to the comparison!

I'm torn about the skin color. On the one hand it's kinda convenient that it goes with both pale and suntan, but on the other neither one is perfect. I couldn't decide which looks best. Though a make-up artist once told me that the face should never be darker than the neck (back then so many women were applying a fake tan this way), because it is unnatural and just looks wrong. The face apparently doesn't tan as fast as the rest (unless the rest is covered of course).

But in natural daylight I agree she looks closer to pale. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yep, it's all down to the lighting as usual Smile

It's an interesting point, though. I suppose you can handwave a fair few sculpt/body tonal mismatches as a character's makeup choices, right or wrong, if all else fails.  Smile

I also now realise I didn't really need more than one, seeing as the faces are more alike than anticipated (I liked the blue hair but not the blue's face, whereas I did like green's face, so my original plan was to mix and match). They aren't exactly alike, though - there is still something more plaintive about the green's face, I think, however subtle. It'll be interesting to see how similar the white one's face is going to be.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Thanks GeeW. Great pics, you've made giantoy a sale today.

It's a shame they aren't a perfect tone match to either TBL skin, but I think it's close enough to pale (which I need more of).

I find a choker or scarf, works wonders at tricking the eye into thinking the tone matches. I've done that with a few older SD heads.

Diana

Diana
Mine have arrived and they are a pretty much perfect match for my battered S16A.
I love them. Initially I preferred the white version because the cut is clean and symmetrical. But while shooting I started paying more attention to the green version. Smile

NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4715
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4714
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4713
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4718
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4716
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4717
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4719
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4720
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4721
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4723
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 - Page 2 Img_4722

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I see what you mean, Diana, and I agree. Nice photos.

csyeung

csyeung
Nice Photos Diana! Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum