OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mars Needs Women

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mars Needs Women  Empty Mars Needs Women Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:32 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Mars Needs Women  51948147614_82da6aaa73_bMars Needs Women by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

2Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:16 pm

davidd

davidd
Despite the apparently symbolism of his rocket sled, I don't think Marvin aka 'Shorty' is sufficiently hoopy to score any points with Earth-Babe. He seems to have a broom, but where's his towel?

Love the bright, "cartoony" colors and lighting, appropriate to the playful nature of the subjects.

3Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:26 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:Despite the apparently symbolism of his rocket sled, I don't think Marvin aka 'Shorty' is sufficiently hoopy to score any points with Earth-Babe. He seems to have a broom, but where's his towel?

Love the bright, "cartoony" colors and lighting, appropriate to the playful nature of the subjects.

C'mon now....A guy has to at least try.....

4Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:13 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice one, TPB! Liking how Marvin's googly eyes are lined up to...

5Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:34 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
lol! lol! lol! lol! Brilliant!

6Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:02 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Martians would never try to contact humanity after Marvin blew it. Mars Needs Women  1f604

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mars Needs Women  1f60e

7Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:45 pm

davidd

davidd
Now I want a Tommy Kirk action figure!

8Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:59 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:Now I want a Tommy Kirk action figure!

Good luck with that one, Dave.

9Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:05 am

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Seems like the companies release a lot of obscure personalities I've never heard of, but yeah, I suppose the kid from Old Yeller, Disney movies, Beach Party movies, and Mars Needs Women would have limited appeal.

Now, an Yvonne Craig action figure... cheers

What I should really do is learn CAD modeling and vinyl slush casting and set up my own production facility to make close-enough-but-unlicensed "celebrity" head sculpts of the Hollywood stars that I want to see.

10Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:37 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Seems like the companies release a lot of obscure personalities I've never heard of, but yeah, I suppose the kid from Old Yeller, Disney movies, Beach Party movies, and Mars Needs Women would have limited appeal.

What I should really do is learn CAD modeling and vinyl slush casting and set up my own production facility to make close-enough-but-unlicensed "celebrity" head sculpts of the Hollywood stars that I want to see.

And I wish you good luck with that too.

11Mars Needs Women  Empty Re: Mars Needs Women Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:50 pm

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
davidd wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

And I wish you good luck with that too.

I wouldn't even know how to begin.

But obviously a lot of companies make "doll heads." It's not impossible. It's just... not easy.

I think I'll post a topic about making doll heads, see what information I can glean from this forum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum