OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Platoon " Doc "

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Platoon " Doc "  Empty Platoon " Doc " Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:08 pm

Chip

Hi all , if you not seen the Movie Platoon . ( Then you really should ) . This figure is going to look like another Vietnam war Kit bashed figure . But I have added him to my bunch of other Platoon Movie related figures , and this is Doc . Not one of the main characters , but I thought the sculpt resembles the actor Paul Sanchez , and so went with it . Like many medics , Doc keeps a piece of plastic tube in his web harness , amongst other things as a tourniquet to tie off those bad wounds . I used a Cotswolds claymore bag , far to under scaled for the real deal , but will suffice as a medic bag for Doc . Most medics tried to look like the rest of the grunts as they were prime targets for the NVA and Vietcong . Perhaps close to reality , I don`t recall seeing Doc using his M16 in the movie . Anyway here he is .

Platoon " Doc "  1-P1150105

Platoon " Doc "  2-P1150119

Platoon " Doc "  3-P1150121

Platoon " Doc "  4-P1150114

Platoon " Doc "  5-P1150117

Platoon " Doc "  6-P1150103

Platoon " Doc "  7-P1150116

Platoon " Doc "  8-P1150108

Platoon " Doc "  9-P1150110

Platoon " Doc "  10-P1150113

2Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like your kitbash a lot, although I think the head sculpt resembles actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Wink

3Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:24 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Great figure, and I love the detail of the necklace and the tubing. Very cool.

4Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:22 am

Chip

GubernatorFan wrote:I like your kitbash a lot, although I think the head sculpt resembles actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Wink

Oh ! ...so he does . Very Happy I remember him now I searched from the Bend it like Beckham film . Very Happy I think if I get the confidence , I need to thicken up Docs Moustache a bit more . Glad you liked him anyways . I don`t really take to much notice of who sculpts are based on , if they work for the characters I am trying to create that works for me . I think I got a few Asian pop stars amongst my Vietcong and NVA too Very Happy

5Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:22 am

Chip

ReverendSpooky wrote:Great figure, and I love the detail of the necklace and the tubing.  Very cool.

Thank you . Wink

6Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:28 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another quality bash Chippers! I really like the sculpt on this chap, and more importantly, how close it looks to his movie counterpart. You have a great knack for finding just the right head for each character, brilliant work mate!

7Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:33 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great figure. I really love to see uniforms from all the eras. Like the peace symbol. Maybe he need more stuff at his helmet. Claims, cigarrets.... Smile

8Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:57 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful choice of a head sculpt, never seen this one before. He looks like some saint or white Jesus in camo. Tubing is a nice detail.

9Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:26 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He looks great. I like all the little touches. It's been so long since I watched Platoon, but this guy does seem to resemble the actor. Nice job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Platoon " Doc "  C8485110

10Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:40 pm

Chip

Thanks for the further kind compliments , much appreciated .

11Platoon " Doc "  Empty Re: Platoon " Doc " Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:17 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He's looking good, I love your vietnam bashes.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Platoon " Doc "  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum