OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Back to my kiddy roots I guess, last time I made any Lego type stuff was for a girlfriend's 9 year old son who only spoke Norwegian' that was 20 years ago? It was a largish motorized Star Wars AT-AT, before that I hadn't touched the stuff since I was a little kid.
Anyway I love big mechanical monsters like Zoids so I build a lot of the Kotobukiya HMM advanced kits for those, thought this guy would fit in with them and my large Transformers Dinobots etc..

This manual is a bit daunting!

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. AJQitqo

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Ko0yR0Q

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Y2IFMDA

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. AVPIc1T

Parts bag(s) one big bag containing loads of smaller bags

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. VkQG6lj

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Qru5DWY

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. SAun8rn

what he looks like finished (well these are illustrations I think?)

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. IRZ9XdJ

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Ncph07Q

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 9LGJf3o

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. AkJEZQU

I don't like that he has no teeth! I've already put aside some off-cut pieces from my LOTR KOTD custom build that should work for this to correct it, otherwise I have plenty of stuff to go through and scavenge from.

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. PPOLOpm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yikes. A giant bag with smaller bags?! I sure as hell hope you have all the parts to finish this.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. C8485110

Diana

Diana
Wooooow. That should be one satisfying build. Have fun with that! Laughing Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is some instruction booklet, alright! I miss building lego sets. Some year ago I got to relive my childhood by tracking down and picking up the Lego castle sets I used to have as a child and (since those were a relatively small fraction of what Lego actually made) to pick up and build the ones I did not have. It was fun and satisfying. So was getting enough pieces to do some more historical-looking ones, like a fairly generic Norman castle keep loosely based on a couple of examples in England. I have enjoyed putting together a number of Revel and Bandai models too, of both vehicles/spaceships and characters. The point is, it is a really fun thing to do, and I'm glad you are able to do something like this again with this set. And that 9-year-old Norwegian (29-year-old Norwegian now?) must have been really happy to have you in his life. Smile Looking forward to seeing you complete this.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes. A giant bag with smaller bags?! I sure as hell hope you have all the parts to finish this.

LOL so do I! Actually there are bags within the bags in the bag...At least the instructions show which main bag to open for each build, they're numbered 1 to 10 then A1 to A3 for the weapon packs at the end of the build, just as well I checked the instructions first by flipping through all the pages to find the 'A' bags!

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. PP7QRx0

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. DOn8LIW

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 4iiWV6H

Diana wrote:Wooooow. That should be one satisfying build. Have fun with that! Laughing Very Happy

Or really taxing, there's a LOT of grey!!  pirat

GubernatorFan wrote:That is some instruction booklet, alright! I miss building lego sets. Some year ago I got to relive my childhood by tracking down and picking up the Lego castle sets I used to have as a child and (since those were a relatively small fraction of what Lego actually made) to pick up and build the ones I did not have. It was fun and satisfying. So was getting enough pieces to do some more historical-looking ones, like a fairly generic Norman castle keep loosely based on a couple of examples in England. I have enjoyed putting together a number of Revel and Bandai models too, of both vehicles/spaceships and characters. The point is, it is a really fun thing to do, and I'm glad you are able to do something like this again with this set. And that 9-year-old Norwegian (29-year-old Norwegian now?) must have been really happy to have you in his life. Smile Looking forward to seeing you complete this.

Sounds like you really enjoyed it! For me it's more about the MECHA Godzilla rather than the Lego. That kid's name was Alex too, doubt he'd even remember me, his mum, well she was great fun and met a lot of guys..probably not as many as daft as me who rode all the way from Greece to Norway via Wales on my old Harley chopper but it was a great experience and I loved Norway too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Sounds like you really enjoyed it! For me it's more about the MECHA Godzilla rather than the Lego. That kid's name was Alex too, doubt he'd even remember me, his mum, well she was great fun and met a lot of guys..probably not as many as daft as me who rode all the way from Greece to Norway via Wales on my old Harley chopper but it was a great experience and I loved Norway too.
Sounds like quite the epic journey. And thank God for ferries, because I'd imagine even St Brendan would have had his work cut out for him if he tried riding a motorcycle through the Channel or the Sound (or was the latter bridged already?).

Adeno

Kiryu's beautiful! Assembling something as complicated as his design is definitely a challenge!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Adeno wrote:Kiryu's beautiful! Assembling something as complicated as his design is definitely a challenge!

Well it's interesting which is a relief, thought it might bore me! Laughing Wink

So I finished the 1st stage but had to make a part as a 4x1 grey plank was missing, luckily I had a random piece of grey Lego in with my Bionicles parts bags so just cut myself a replacement one:

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. KYFIJ38

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. EK8PE6Y

QUITE A COMPLICATED 'BOX' TO BE FAIR!LOL

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. CHlZhG6

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. GEE1GOt

Then finished the 2nd stage, more mechanical this time but no idea what it does!:

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 45qkuWT

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 1EPz2xf

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. BiMcPbq

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. NXRUJcA

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. J9rYsxv

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. FLakAuG

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Look at you, customizing already. Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
When needs must lol! Might paint him silver too.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Finished bag no.3 some more interesting and articulated bits here, thought I might be building part of his tail as well but no, it's his crotch! Go figure! scratch Twisted Evil

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. SaNX3qd

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. XORi0O9

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 03I7gsE

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 8eemo9L

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. VCluu7k

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 8KoBfcO

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. MKK2zIC

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. ANdFlqI

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. ZHqrG7U

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. JAPFEo8

BAG NO.4 LOOKS TO HAVE SOME INTERESTING BITS, THRUSTERS AND PIPES ETC..

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. JCRCr1V

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. QNpCO2d

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. FsTspGb

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You make me miss Legos. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:You make me miss Legos. Smile

Well they're only a click away! Does that count as a pun? Seriously here's a link to this kit and from there there are links to all kinds of great deals

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003145957161.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.126d18029mypUM

Like this Star Wars 'lego' clone wars drop/gun ship for less than $20! Not a mini model either. In fact I whish I was into 'lego' as there are so many cool super affordable kits!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003145730340.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.2ff853bbz83fPb&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.274681.0&scm_id=1007.13339.274681.0&scm-url=1007.13339.274681.0&pvid=4e2fac22-5de9-49d4-80e3-a4b91dc266c6&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller,scm-url:1007.13339.274681.0,pvid:4e2fac22-5de9-49d4-80e3-a4b91dc266c6,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238114%231999&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000024342698694%22%2C%22sceneId%22%3A%223339%22%7D&pdp_npi=1%40dis%7CGBP%7C%7C14.84%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%400b0a23b016510890731406257e6ac4%7C12000024342698694%7Crec

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Bags 4&5 done, bag 6 started. Turns out there at least 7 'A' bags as well totalling 17 bags with bags inside those bags...
Bag 4 was jetpack, pipes, torso sonic canon (I think that's what he has?) doors etc.. and spine plates.

Bag 5 was most of a leg, just a leg, no foot, only part of it's armour made out of that huge bag of parts!! It SOLID! So many layers that make it like a tree trunk but can also move out of the way for articulation.

Bag 6 is the thigh armour and foot, not done the foot yet, again just for one leg.

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Sxy0gPt

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. WxwrtRq

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. GSlYRF2

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. SdTzsx0

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Sf7e2nY

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. ZFmdVpl

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. JhmwHsm

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. LZkhtvp

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Fy4ps2Q

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. XZfu8Sa

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Zc8DLNQ

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. VwJXnYQ

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. FRbAVF3

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. AMXDtgS

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. TJrokQS

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. RpSKDFs

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. OmxGDAY

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. BbBpfG3

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. BvaZUvf

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 2prPVrr

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. PaX2Xct

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. TRClMB8

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
How many of the over 4000 pieces do you reckon you have used so far? It's a massive build for sure.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:How many of the over 4000 pieces do you reckon you have used so far? It's a massive build for sure.

I'd guestimate a 1/3 for the figure and less for the overall build including the accessories.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool. Massive indeed.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Jeez! Impressive how far you’ve come. Figures you’d have to do some manufacturing for missing parts. I definitely wouldn’t have the patience for a project this immense.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Cool. Massive indeed.

YUP!

Stryker2011 wrote:Jeez! Impressive how far you’ve come. Figures you’d have to do some manufacturing for missing parts. I definitely wouldn’t have the patience for a project this immense.

Just 2 parts so far, luckily very simple ones, seem to have a bunch of bits left over after each section, if it were a motorcycle gearbox I'd be very worried!!! Rolling Eyes affraid Very Happy
Finished the left leg and foot, didn't feel like doing the right one straight afterwards so skipped to the massive tail which was two bags (9&10). Stupidly articulated and over 20 inches long. I'll do the first part of the other leg next, then an arm, then the second part of the leg, then the other arm, then the neck and head with the accessories last.

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. DgzvuKR

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. TnTPlp2

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. X1mHm77

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 3Cv7lNz

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. YP09qgY

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. NiJ41jn

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 9soWnPw

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. 8iM7HIf

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Kv3D4Ru

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. AO61bxy

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. G0F1aAA

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Ry8i7he

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. UKnpUJl

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Axzx2EF

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. RJRTJWI

MAN THAT TAIL IS MAKING ME CRAZY HUNGRY FOR GRILLED OCTOPUS WITH OREGANO AND LEMON JUICE!! NOT SOMETHING I'LL FIND OVER HERE IN THE UK SADLY EVEN THOUGH THE SHORES ARE FULL OF THEM APPARENTLY, NO MARKET FOR THEM LUDITES...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That tail is pretty cool. But, man, this is like the Lego From Hell with all these individual pieces.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice work. I'd be worried too about extra pieces but, hey, extra pieces! Smile I'd skip on the octopus, but bring on the taramosalata and tzatziki, dolmas, and spanakopita. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That tail is pretty cool. But, man, this is like the Lego From Hell with all these individual pieces.

LOL, well the as builds get bigger the parts don't! That's Legos for you! Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice work. I'd be worried too about extra pieces but, hey, extra pieces! Smile I'd skip on the octopus, but bring on the taramosalata and tzatziki, dolmas, and spanakopita. Smile

Oh man you are making me miss proper Greek food really badly now! The extra parts seem to be just that, extra... it's not like I missed any steps and the instructions are excellent.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Coming together now, he's a big boy! you can use that red handled 'pick' for scale which is the size of an electrician's screwdriver. I'd forgotten what I'd hated about Legos, they fall apart! Mad So I had stuff exploding everywhere while trying to force heavy duty joints together, not fun! I've been slowly super gluing the worst culprits in place but it's like trying to chase a grain of sand in a sandpit!
On the plus side he does have electronics, I thought they were just photoshopped effects for the sales pitch. Started on his head finally so will have to sort out some teeth for him soon.

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. BmzRIUH

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Jc1QFns

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Hsa99KO

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. F4gCsxW

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. E9au2Jn

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. EnwO7Uq

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. DygTCHl

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. JxaEpCf

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. RLir7s5

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. H36xUeI

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. Hleq8bN

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. YROwewT

HEAD STUFF

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. KztwF7V

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Supergluing legos? Now that's commitment! Smile Hope you get it all under control.

Ovy

Ovy
Just imagine how many 1000s of £ it would have cost if those were Original legos!

I would probably drop the Godzilla theme with this figure, rebuilding a new head with the parts of the tail and the original head. Would also be interesting adding a 1/6 or 1/12 head sculpt so it looks like a suit. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum