OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:That tail is pretty cool. But, man, this is like the Lego From Hell with all these individual pieces.

LOL, well the as builds get bigger the parts don't! That's Legos for you! Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice work. I'd be worried too about extra pieces but, hey, extra pieces! Smile I'd skip on the octopus, but bring on the taramosalata and tzatziki, dolmas, and spanakopita. Smile

Oh man you are making me miss proper Greek food really badly now! The extra parts seem to be just that, extra... it's not like I missed any steps and the instructions are excellent.

shovelchop81

Coming together now, he's a big boy! you can use that red handled 'pick' for scale which is the size of an electrician's screwdriver. I'd forgotten what I'd hated about Legos, they fall apart! Mad So I had stuff exploding everywhere while trying to force heavy duty joints together, not fun! I've been slowly super gluing the worst culprits in place but it's like trying to chase a grain of sand in a sandpit!
On the plus side he does have electronics, I thought they were just photoshopped effects for the sales pitch. Started on his head finally so will have to sort out some teeth for him soon.

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 BmzRIUH

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Jc1QFns

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Hsa99KO

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 F4gCsxW

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 E9au2Jn

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 EnwO7Uq

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 DygTCHl

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 JxaEpCf

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 RLir7s5

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 H36xUeI

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Hleq8bN

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 YROwewT

HEAD STUFF

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 KztwF7V

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Supergluing legos? Now that's commitment! Smile Hope you get it all under control.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ovy

Just imagine how many 1000s of £ it would have cost if those were Original legos!

I would probably drop the Godzilla theme with this figure, rebuilding a new head with the parts of the tail and the original head. Would also be interesting adding a 1/6 or 1/12 head sculpt so it looks like a suit. Laughing

valentin

valentin
shovelchop81 wrote:Coming together now, he's a big boy! you can use that red handled 'pick' for scale which is the size of an electrician's screwdriver. I'd forgotten what I'd hated about Legos, they fall apart! Mad So I had stuff exploding everywhere while trying to force heavy duty joints together, not fun! I've been slowly super gluing the worst culprits in place but it's like trying to chase a grain of sand in a sandpit!

Would recommend white glue or commonly known as PVA glue instead of superglue, so that it's possible to reuse the bricks later on if you wanted to change something or thereof.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Supergluing legos? Now that's commitment! Smile Hope you get it all under control.

More of a necessity really! Lost the bloody cat already, didn't come home this morning, gutted  Sad

Ovy wrote:Just imagine how many 1000s of £ it would have cost if those were Original legos!

I would probably drop the Godzilla theme with this figure, rebuilding a new head with the parts of the tail and the original head. Would also be interesting adding a 1/6 or 1/12 head sculpt so it looks like a suit. Laughing

Yeah I've bought real legos 2nd hand and loose before, I remember being shocked at how much they cost!! So £1,000 for this kit if it was official and legos would probably be about the right price! TFF KO's!!!! Twisted Evil I paid around £90 with tax and shipping from China.
I was wondering what this could be in 1/6 scale and actually came up with a pretty cool idea (I think anyway). He/it could be Iron Man's answer to the Dragon alien enemy 'FinFangFoom', it even has an 'arc reactor' unibeam in its chest!

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Iron-Man-vs-Fin-Fang-Foom.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370&dpr=1

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Detml15-68608e2e-e9d3-4f24-a328-830937231d3b.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzE0ZGQ1ZjM5LTUzNGMtNDE0YS1hNWIwLTBkNzNlMWY4YmQxNVwvZGV0bWwxNS02ODYwOGUyZS1lOWQzLTRmMjQtYTMyOC04MzA5MzcyMzFkM2IuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
valentin wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Coming together now, he's a big boy! you can use that red handled 'pick' for scale which is the size of an electrician's screwdriver. I'd forgotten what I'd hated about Legos, they fall apart! Mad So I had stuff exploding everywhere while trying to force heavy duty joints together, not fun! I've been slowly super gluing the worst culprits in place but it's like trying to chase a grain of sand in a sandpit!

Would recommend white glue or commonly known as PVA glue instead of superglue, so that it's possible to reuse the bricks later on if you wanted to change something or thereof.

I appreciate where you are coming from but this figure is way too heavy to rely on PVA, I didn't buy him because I wanted legos though the build has been fun and relaxing but because I wanted an affordable detailed large depiction of this character so I have no intention of purposely taking him apart. Cheers though!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sorry to hear about the cat. Maybe it will come back.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Sorry to hear about the cat. Maybe it will come back.

Cheers GTF! I hope so, done all I can for now, some friends are kindly going to knock on some doors I couldn't get to. I'm told by friends and other cat owners that even neutered Toms will be prone to go 'walkabout' in the spring to simulate their normal territory marking and mapping, so I'm just hoping that's all he's doing and exploring of course! Lots of parks and gardens nearby.

Meanwhile I'll try and take my mind of it and build this Godzilla MECHA's head.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just came across this, and it made me think of you... of course, no articulation...

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Main-qimg-e1eb0d70d22e4c40b7674802a31e59cf-lq

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Just came across this, and it made me think of you... of course, no articulation...

Okay... that's pretty nuts... If I was going to build something that took that long and that many parts, I would have to have gears and motors (lego technic?) so the ship could move in the wave and the front and rear parts of the wave could move back and forth independently.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Okay... that's pretty nuts... If I was going to build something that took that long and that many parts, I would have to have gears and motors  (lego technic?) so the ship could move in the wave and the front and rear parts of the wave could move back and forth independently.
I'm sure you would! You're the king of articulation. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Okay... that's pretty nuts... If I was going to build something that took that long and that many parts, I would have to have gears and motors  (lego technic?) so the ship could move in the wave and the front and rear parts of the wave could move back and forth independently.
I'm sure you would! You're the king of articulation. Smile

LOL, thank you! The cat came back fortunately!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congrats. I hope your figures have as much cause to rejoice. Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Congrats. I hope your figures have as much cause to rejoice. Wink

lol! affraid

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t blame you for gluing parts together. Honestly, if I had the thing explode on me, I would have lost my $#@t and trashed the whole thing. You are far more patient than me, my friend.

That wave Lego is insanely cool, but WOW! 400 hours?!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t blame you for gluing parts together. Honestly, if I had the thing explode on me, I would have lost my $#@t and trashed the whole thing. You are far more patient than me, my friend.

That wave Lego is insanely cool, but WOW! 400 hours?!

I guess it was a holy grail build of his? Those wave paintings are super famous and each wave has a different name so perhaps they have personal connections to people like star signs, animal guides etc...?

As for exploding, yeah super pain in the arse!! Evil or Very Mad Attaching the weapons packs was 1 step forward 10 steps back!! I even had to mod the mounting system slightly (just added a brick) to get the backpack on even after every other part I had touched on the figure during final fitting had flown off! Looks great now! (pics later) but posing it makes Gunpla seem like a toddler's playset by comparison! Made him some custom teeth from the tips of the ribs I cut off making TKOTD figure, I'll find some more matching bits to make large front top canines and a little pair at the rear on the lower jaw so not finished but looking a lot less durpy than being completely toothless IMO.

NECK, Nice details! I had to move thee sides up a row though later which was a bit of a pain, so many little parts to put back on the wrong way! LOL.

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 2KCgLxv

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Q0oiLIU

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 OZ1jPAV

BACKPACK BOOSTERS.

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 REo05Jm

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 NLwXzqm

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 GlDAyEE

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 5VPOfNN

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 X1neOA6

HEAD, NECK, TEETH, LIGHT UP EYES

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 KApq1Cw

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 PfxjKE5

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 QOgKHnC

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 LJEsHdt

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Ao3DnS0

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 L1VtyiE

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 ESu3ub1

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 I460LSG

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 TyKUycr

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 0l9VmaJ

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 SxTFcUT

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 PZXJIIB

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 8FzXF8l

HAD TO MOD THE JAW A BIT TOO

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Ne9wjOc

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 GZ93O4f

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 9aNbHxt

SILVER SHARPIE

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 UurewmP

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 TFU4UVy

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 E1a6Wq2

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 BJa6lPU

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 BedM2k4

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 KOgqg27

BACKPACK CANONS

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 DXlemzH

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 NvTUqlV

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 R7dBFYQ

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 AEPD1cU

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 JRTHm4u

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great progress. The teeth work remarkably well.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Great progress. The teeth work remarkably well.

Cheers! I'll add to them as I find stuff.
I'm going to start a 1/72 scale HMM Zoid model today, I might as well document it's build in this section in a new thread since it's the Dibison which is a four legged walking grenade launcher but also reminds me of the military's M.U.L.E. programs so it could work really well for 1/6 scale as one of those if you took the head off for example. Also would be a good introduction to these high-end kits that I've built a lot of in the past as a break from 1/6 but could also very easily be included into 1/6 military sci-fi etc.. But I'll take some finished pics of this MECHA Godzilla first Wink .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hope you're not giving up on proper sixth scale in the process, but looking forward to everything you do.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I hope you're not giving up on proper sixth scale in the process, but looking forward to everything you do.

Not at all! These builds are just easier to do while the cat is still settling in as he's only been here a few weeks and I don't want to get the Dremel out just yet plus all the sanding needed for the 1/6 Sauron base is not something I'm looking forward to doing but I will! Wink
ALTHOUGH I'M NOT SURE JUST HOW MORE SETTLED IN A CAT CAN GET THAN THIS!

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 EoH1p2R

Grabbed the first 1/6 figure that came to hand, my custom General Veers so a pretty average height for 1/6 as a comparison.

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 OIS4f5f

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 637wmNK

All my own customs from years ago, many years ago and I still need to decide on a consistent height for Luke! Embarassed

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 PMXgKzV

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 H4NgspP

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 USTRIy2

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 VJ1vI0k

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 MVScPEx

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 FK3tgCw

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 KIVcBVW

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 1OaHkcU

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 8kUw35d

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 SftNPQs

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 QWoEuEX

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 YhEBq96

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 ZhnCTFp

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 5oL66d3

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 Zyzfj8b

WELL THAT'S HIM DONE EXCEPT FOR SOME MORE TEETH, HAD AN IDEA WHERE TO SCAVENGE THOSE TODAY TOO. NO IDEA WHERE I'M GOING TO DISPLAY HIM....ON THE GROUND WOULD PROBABLY BE BEST...CAN YOU IMAGINE THE CARNAGE OF THIS GUY DOING A SHELF DIVE?!!! Twisted Evil affraid  I'M KEEPING THE MANUAL JUST IN CASE! Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This beast is truly impressive. And he can totally play with your sixth-scale figures. I'm talking about Godzilla... the cat... is impressive too, and looks comfortably settled in indeed. But be careful, he might decide to sample your sixth- or not-sixth-scale accessories and pet surgery can be a very expensive prospect. Make sure he does not develop a taste for Lego bricks or Hasbro blasters, and everything in-between. And secure those sharp blades to the wall lest you end up with a Manx. Wink Always nice to see your Star Wars customs.

Nekk-ra

You've done a great job constructing yourself a mechanical monster. The OG Gorilla aliens would be proud of you.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:This beast is truly impressive. And he can totally play with your sixth-scale figures. I'm talking about Godzilla... the cat... is impressive too, and looks comfortably settled in indeed. But be careful, he might decide to sample your sixth- or not-sixth-scale accessories and pet surgery can be a very expensive prospect. Make sure he does not develop a taste for Lego bricks or Hasbro blasters, and everything in-between. And secure those sharp blades to the wall lest you end up with a Manx. Wink Always nice to see your Star Wars customs.

If he does I guess I'll have to teach myself cat surgery then, how hard can it be? I've done A'Level biology and played the game 'Operation'! Twisted Evil Wink

Nekk-ra wrote:You've done a great job constructing yourself a mechanical monster. The OG Gorilla aliens would be proud of you.

Cheers! Keeping him together seems to be the biggest challenge! LOL.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that is one impressive beast. I like how you did the teeth, and the entire build is just insane. Kudos.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FINISHED! YAY! 20" tall MECHA Godzilla brick kit 4,000+ pieces. - Page 2 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that is one impressive beast. I like how you did the teeth, and the entire build is just insane. Kudos.

Cheers! Still no idea where to display it! Laughing

Ephiane

Ephiane
Holy Cow ! This is huge. Very Intresting to see what Lego did since i was a child. I love the light up functions and the moveability. Thanks for showing. Love Your cat. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum