OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Fri May 06, 2022 2:34 pm

Chip

Hi All , I been working on this Hasbro Hoth Han Solo figure for some weeks , and here he is ..... A  run down for the Hasbro Hoth Han Solo . I swapped out his body and replaced with a short body so the Hasbro clothes fitted , and replaced the sculpt . I am finding gauntlet or gloved hands both difficult and expensive these days , and so here I have used some old DML flexi fingered hands , these are wired inside , and if I am honest are not great , and are difficult to get to hold anything , they are however a necessity for the DID ceremonial gloves I used . The rest of the kit as you see has been revamped with realistic webbing straps , and weathered . I am quite pleased with how he turned out . Now for his Tauntaun .....

Here are some before and after photos of his kit .

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  1-BP1150235

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  2-BP1150237

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  3-BP1150239

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  4-BP1150241

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  5-AP1150342

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  6-AP1150341

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  7-AP1150344

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  8-AP1150343

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Bins1-BP1150187

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Bins2-BP1150194

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Bins3-BP1150176

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Bins4-AP1150332

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Bins5-AP1150325

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Bins6-AP1150326

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Gogs1-BP1150218

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Gogs2-AP1150338

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Belt1-BP1150138

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Belt2-AP1150315

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Pistol1-BP1150207

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Pistol2-AP1150334

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  P1150129

2Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Fri May 06, 2022 2:38 pm

Chip

And here is the finished figure .

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  1-P1150375

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  2-P1150362

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  3-P1150361

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  4-P1150348

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  5-P1150353

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  6-P1150355

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  7-P1150360

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  8-P1150363

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  9-P1150372

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  10-P1150374

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  11-P1150365

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  12-P1150369

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  13-P1150376

3Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Fri May 06, 2022 3:03 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice work. The wheathering effect is very convincing.  Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  1f44d  Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  1f44d  Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  1f44d
Only the front part of the goggles seems a little too clean compared to the rest.

4Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Fri May 06, 2022 3:48 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent work. The weathering of the Hasbro pieces worked out great, as did the additional of fabric and other appropriate material. You have taken a toy and turned it into a high end custom figure. There is, of course, no helping the oversized helmet, but in my opinion these are ok to be oversized (more padding/insulation), and you want them to fit over the hair, so that is functionally desirable. The hood looks rather large, but I suppose it wouldn't fit otherwise.

5Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Fri May 06, 2022 5:36 pm

Chip

Thanks for the kind comments , funny how we notice things after we photograph them , there seems to always be room for improvement on most figures I guess . I have trimmed as much as I dare inside the helmet , and it can sit lower , I just didn`t notice at the time when I was photographing him . I couldn`t find much reference on the goggles , but agree they look a little clean . He will do for now . Smile I aim to work on his Tauntaun soon .

6Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Fri May 06, 2022 7:46 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I am impressed, you made that old rubber belt look so realistic, fantastic work on all the items, specially the boots and googles.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  1f60e

7Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Sat May 07, 2022 6:12 am

Chip

Cheers TBB , much appreciated .

8Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Sat May 07, 2022 6:56 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice job weathering all the accessories, that alone makes a huge difference. He turned out very well, over all!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Sat May 07, 2022 7:04 am

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, great color Chip-ping. The webbing might be the most effective improvement. Agree with the belt, looks like hot toys now. Did they make the cap larger so Han's voluminous plastic hair can fit under it?

Looking forward to your Tauntaun

10Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Sat May 07, 2022 7:31 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The weathering makes a massive difference. Excellent work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  C8485110

11Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Sat May 07, 2022 10:42 am

Chip

Thanks all for the further kind comments , it`s really nice to get some positive feedback .

12Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Sat May 07, 2022 11:21 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Did they make the cap larger so Han's voluminous plastic hair can fit under it?

In part, but also in general the proportions of the Hasbro 12-inch figures were a bit different from the more realistic higher-end modern ones.

13Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Sat May 07, 2022 1:19 pm

Illusion

Illusion
great improvements!!!
really adds a lot to the figure - good job
what a difference also to the boots...

I just find the googles a bit too "white"/ too clean?... but don't take it as a bummer, it just has occured to me compared to the remainder.

14Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Sat May 07, 2022 2:34 pm

Chip

Thanks , I will tone down those goggles some time hopefully .

15Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Sun May 08, 2022 2:16 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Winter10

Wow ! i never ever understand how You Guys do that fantastic weathering. If i try it looks never so real. Thanks for showing, Great Figure !

16Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Mon May 09, 2022 6:38 am

Chip

Many thanks Ephiane , as you said in your recent Star Wars Darth Maul post , if ~I can do it , anyone can , I think we get to hear that phrase quite often when it comes to 1/6 customising . Wink

17Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Wed May 11, 2022 9:59 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Great retouching of that figure. I think they are a good deal for the price these hasbro figures go for. 

Also tried a repaint and weathering of one of these not so long ago, but I'm not finished yet - so many other things to do.

Great job looks really good! Smile

18Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped  Empty Re: Han Solo Hoth Figure Revamped Wed May 11, 2022 11:34 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Looks great, Chip! Crazy how a bit of TLC can make some of that old gear shine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum