OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A few portrait shots of Daxter.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat May 28, 2022 1:25 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
A few portrait shots of Daxter. The dark background really picks out his finer details.

A few portrait shots of Daxter. 52103666727_e7cbbaf9fd_c
A few portrait shots of Daxter. 52104691521_5919afd2f1_c
A few portrait shots of Daxter. 52104730438_6585b855f0_c

2A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat May 28, 2022 2:27 pm

davidd

davidd
Excellent portrait-style photos.
That head sculpt is remarkably detailed, and your images convey that detail nicely.

3A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat May 28, 2022 9:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a very fine head and you've done a great job with the moody light photography.

4A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat May 28, 2022 10:45 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice "Glamour Shots" (anyone old enough to remember them here in the States?); he looks good -- the only down side for me is he reminds me of my older brother (that guy's a dick).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A few portrait shots of Daxter. C8485110

5A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat May 28, 2022 11:08 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic shots of a really great Sculpt. I love that " Gloss " Effect in the eyes of the 1:6 Headsculpts. Not so easy to show that in a photographie.

6A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat May 28, 2022 11:11 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice "Glamour Shots" (anyone old enough to remember them here in the States?); he looks good -- the only down side for me is he reminds me of my older brother (that guy's a dick).

Sounds like Your familiy chistmas partys are in the same way explosive like mine. Laughing

7A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sun May 29, 2022 6:57 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
davidd wrote:Excellent portrait-style photos.
That head sculpt is remarkably detailed, and your images convey that detail nicely.

GubernatorFan wrote:It is a very fine head and you've done a great job with the moody light photography.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice "Glamour Shots" (anyone old enough to remember them here in the States?); he looks good -- the only down side for me is he reminds me of my older brother (that guy's a dick).

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic shots of a really great Sculpt. I love that " Gloss " Effect in the eyes of the 1:6 Headsculpts. Not so easy to show that in a photographie.

Thanks so much guys for the great feedback, shame e reminds you of your brother Mark! Very Happy

8A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sun May 29, 2022 11:40 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice portraits, Dal. Especially the second one is great. I like the dim light mood, but - if I may say so- I believe this type of portrait could profit somewhat from a secondary light source, possibly some fill light from the right side to complement the primary light source from the upper left.

I think you have seen this Ellie portrait at Flickr. Here, I have used a strong key light from the left background and a dim blueish fill light from the right front. As the pic was initially still too dark I used the Flickr editor (very powerful!) to brighten it slightly. Two light sources are really a big help to bring out fine details in heads. 

A few portrait shots of Daxter. 52104323999_a8c3a3428e_bCJ3A5232 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Sorry for going into lecture mode ...  A few portrait shots of Daxter. 1f60b

9A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sun May 29, 2022 3:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another beautiful photo of that head, Ralf.

10A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Mon May 30, 2022 6:12 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice portraits, Dal. Especially the second one is great. I like the dim light mood, but - if I may say so- I believe this type of portrait could profit somewhat from a secondary light source, possibly some fill light from the right side to complement the primary light source from the upper left.

I think you have seen this Ellie portrait at Flickr. Here, I have used a strong key light from the left background and a dim blueish fill light from the right front. As the pic was initially still too dark I used the Flickr editor (very powerful!) to brighten it slightly. Two light sources are really a big help to bring out fine details in heads. 

A few portrait shots of Daxter. 52104323999_a8c3a3428e_bCJ3A5232 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Sorry for going into lecture mode ...  A few portrait shots of Daxter. 1f60b

Yes I agree, a second light source would have improved the shot, sadly my dog, a six year old lab knocked one of my lights over recently, so I'm waiting to get a replacement bulb bounce . Lovely shot of Ellie.

11A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Mon May 30, 2022 2:25 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
BAMComix wrote:

Yes I agree, a second light source would have improved the shot, sadly my dog, a six year old lab knocked one of my lights over recently, so I'm waiting to get a replacement bulb bounce . Lovely shot of Ellie.

Hearing about your dog, I have a picture of Ephiane's dog in my head saying: "Your lamp suddenly exploded. I am not hurt."  A few portrait shots of Daxter. 1f600  A few portrait shots of Daxter. 1f600  A few portrait shots of Daxter. 1f600
I love labrador dogs and golden retrievers, they are so kind dogs.

12A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Tue May 31, 2022 6:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Randam Hajile wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

Hearing about your dog, I have a picture of Ephiane's dog in my head saying: "Your lamp suddenly exploded. I am not hurt."  A few portrait shots of Daxter. 1f600  A few portrait shots of Daxter. 1f600  A few portrait shots of Daxter. 1f600
I love labrador dogs and golden retrievers, they are so kind dogs.

Very Happy Very Happy Yeah, he is a great friend. Luckily he was not injured when he light came tumbling down bounce .

13A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:45 pm

Ovy

Ovy
He is the textbook pretty boy! Like the glimmer of his tagchain as a contrast.

Did his nose paint did rub of a bit? Happened to me several times, haha.

14A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:13 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Ovy wrote:He is the textbook pretty boy! Like the glimmer of his tagchain as a contrast.

Did his nose paint did rub of a bit? Happened to me several times, haha.

I agree Ovy! the ladies certainly like him! As for his nose, not sure could just be the lighting, or as you say paint rub?

15A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:48 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Remind me again, Dal, where this head comes from. I might want to make a mini-me of my brother for my Western themes (as an antagonist, of course… hehe).

16A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:00 pm

Illusion

Illusion
no idea who this is… but looks good Smile

(Elli is looking even better. I like that girl though I do not know the game.)

17A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:19 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Remind me again, Dal, where this head comes from. I might want to make a mini-me of my brother for my Western themes (as an antagonist, of course… hehe).

Illusion wrote:no idea who this is… but looks good Smile

(Elli is looking even better. I like that girl though I do not know the game.)

Thanks guys for the great feedback. mark, I cannot remember exactly what set it came from, but here is an ebay link,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165046242608?hash=item266d85cd30:g:8EcAAOSwGENhLi4S

18A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks. cheers

19A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:57 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks. cheers

Happy to help! Very Happy

20A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:13 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very nice. And a good tip from Randam that I need to remember next time I take some shots.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A few portrait shots of Daxter. 1f60e

21A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:16 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Theboo-bomb wrote:Very nice. And a good tip from Randam that I need to remember next time I take some shots.

Thanks so much! bounce bounce

22A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:23 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Great portrait shots!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

23A few portrait shots of Daxter. Empty Re: A few portrait shots of Daxter. Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:31 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
ukshaun wrote:Great portrait shots!

Thank you Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum