OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:50 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
After some weeks of not touching my camera or figures, I found the energy and time to shoot some pics.
I started without a plan and just let it happen. In the end if threw it all together and tried to make a little sequence.   

Part I: The Waiting Beauty

Who is she? Is she watching the summer rain or is she waiting for someone? I guess we have to wait with her and see.  Smile  

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) XpPrqT9h

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) FkgD4oJh

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) YvCrnRhh

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) 366ifMmh

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) 4m494Xeh

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) CTl8dxQh

(a magical chair appears)

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) BKQ9VTSh

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) 5E0t3nWh

drunken

2The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:57 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some nice images. That fifth one has to be my favorite — the way the backlight shines through her hair. Nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) C8485110

3The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The fifth one is my favorite too. I also like the first. But I got a sinister feeling that the light coming through the window was emanating from the torches of an angry mob, and your waiting beauty would have to take quick evasive (or aggressive) action. Smile Anyway, very nice.

4The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:02 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love that figure and outfit, and the lighting here is superb! Agree the light shining on the red hair is very striking. The black and white image is very nice, but I think there's just something about the glint of her hair in the colour photos that works even better.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:10 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool photos.

6The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:19 am

Ovy

Ovy
I think she is part of a conspiracy killing a monarch. That window works so great, you don't even have to see anything outside, the light is enough for the atmosphere. I think a celebration or parade is going on in the big city out here, the assassination will trigger Steam War One

But those stiff gloves are horrible, maybe cut them in two and insert a tbleauge hand connector in the hand part.

7The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:49 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic picture, Val. Thanks for showing. Args. I removed all the wigs from my figures and use fine mohair now. But it can be never so shiny like in Your pictures. and Yes, pic 5 is my fav too.

8The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:20 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ephiane, while the mohair probably won't ever be as shiny as the synthetic hair, you can get a decent shine on it from using liquid floor wax on it. I use a mix of 50/50 liquid wax and water, and use it to style the hair into place.

9The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:11 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for all the comments and good tips (like the floor wax and water tip for mohair - have to try this one in the future)

Also I agree that the gloves are rather bad and inflexible and I still haven't cut them in half...that should be my next action...

For all the people who think there is now time for big action, torches or Steam War One - I have to dissapoint you.  Smile 
It is good ol' Snow again showing up for some over the top kitschy romance  (I really need to get some new figures for my stories asap Rolling Eyes Laughing )

Anyway, here we go. Anyone who doesn't like romance, better move on NOW.

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) LPsd9P1h

"God damn why is this guy always late"

Click for the rest of the story:

Oh and if any mod wants to move this into the story section, feel free to do so.

10The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:17 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Aww! How sweet. Nice pics and storyline. That’s a pretty great looking Snow figure with the real hair.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) C8485110

11The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:56 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, nice 'fade out' there. Laughing

12The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:59 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very, very cool pictures! I love your window/wall diorama very much, and the use of light is great here. ScarJo's dress is very gorgeous (have you thought about adding a necklace with a pendant or a stylish choker to her outfit?). Her romantic interaction with John S. also works very nice -- though I somewhat would have preferred to see a guy in matching steampunk-outfit.  The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) 1f60b

13The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL, that was funny... including her waving us away so we would stop watching. I'm surprised you did not work in a "You know nothing, Jon Snow" in the script. Wink
Anyway, both figures work beautifully in this beautiful environment you have created.

14The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:06 am

Diana

Diana
I seem to be typing "wow" a lot today...

Wow. Laughing

Beautifully shot. I prefer the colored pictures because that red hair is just amazing with that lighting. Gorgeous figures and diorama and story telling and angles and lighting and all. Very Happy

15The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:11 am

Ovy

Ovy
Ah, so it's Ygritte? Razz

Your sharp dressed Tom Hardy would look great in that chair too.

16The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:44 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:Aww! How sweet. Nice pics and storyline. That’s a pretty great looking Snow figure with the real hair.
Thank you Stryker.

skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, nice 'fade out' there. Laughing
Haha yeah, something different for once

Randam Hajile wrote:Very, very cool pictures! I love your window/wall diorama very much, and the use of light is great here. ScarJo's dress is very gorgeous (have you thought about adding a necklace with a pendant or a stylish choker to her outfit?). Her romantic interaction with John S. also works very nice -- though I somewhat would have preferred to see a guy in matching steampunk-outfit.  The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) 1f60b
Thank you randam!
And I totally agree, a steampunk guy would have been much better. My Jon is a bit overused now. I even have a figure that resembles a steampunk guy...Oh well. Next time, next chance. Even though I will probably not doing a romance story anytime soon again Razz

GubernatorFan wrote:LOL, that was funny... including her waving us away so we would stop watching. I'm surprised you did not work in a "You know nothing, Jon Snow" in the script. Wink
Anyway, both figures work beautifully in this beautiful environment you have created.
Thank you! Glad you liked the hand waving part Smile

Diana wrote:I seem to be typing "wow" a lot today...

Wow. Laughing

Beautifully shot. I prefer the colored pictures because that red hair is just amazing with that lighting. Gorgeous figures and diorama and story telling and angles and lighting and all. Very Happy

Thanks Diana! cheers I love the red hair too. A great head for sure

Ovy wrote:Ah, so it's Ygritte? Razz

Your sharp dressed Tom Hardy would look great in that chair too.

Ygritte - it seems Jon is just into the red heads
Haha, I think Tom is another fitting option here.

17The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Empty Re: The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:00 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That looks great, its very atmospheric, almost nostalgic. Specially that shot of her looking out the window.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Wait (Part I) and Part (II) 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum