OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daiki Kougyou Oyaji aka Wretched Uncle (Bootleg)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Nice hilarious toy of a typical dirty old man as seen in many Japanese shows. This guy's got a beer gut, he has balding hair, he's hairy, and he's just wearing his underwear while walking around! A great representation of a middle aged man who has given up on improving his physical appearance.

This is a bootleg version and surprisingly, it's actually very good! Joints are firm, plastic quality is good and not brittle, the paint application is pretty good although a bit glossy, giving him a sweaty look (which seems appropriate). He does lack accessories from the original version, namely, as per TBLeague's terminology, his "secret parts" and toys haha! Yeah the original version included his "secret parts" which you can attach to him! The original version also came with a nun who is his "romantic partner", too bad she's missing from the bootleg version.

Anyway, for just $25, I think this guy is pretty worth it in terms of fun factor. You can put him in all sorts of situations. He can pose very well and his joints are great! It's quite surprising that a toy about a generic middle aged man who has given up on life is quite entertaining haha! Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL Dude, you ain't seen hairy. Wink It is a fun figure, but I was a bit concerned when you proposed to play with a dirty old man. Well, he had his priorities, and got what he deserved, I suppose. From a purely variety point of view, I wish there were more overweight bodies, in sixth-scale too.

Adeno

GubernatorFan wrote:LOL Dude, you ain't seen hairy. Wink It is a fun figure, but I was a bit concerned when you proposed to play with a dirty old man. Well, he had his priorities, and got what he deserved, I suppose. From a purely variety point of view, I wish there were more overweight bodies, in sixth-scale too.

Oh my haha! Oh actually, the hair on his body is kinda textured. There's like very thin "scratches" to simulate hair haha! Honestly, I can relate to this oyaji guy, I think he's about to become my future lol! Won't be walking around in undies though lol!

Yeah I wish there were fat or chubby 1/6 scale guys! I think there's one from the World Box brand and it comes with its own chubby gangster headsculpt. But I think despite it being quite fat, there's still visible musculature on it, as if it's just originally a macho man who gained some weight and now he's trying to lose it again. I want TBLeague to make one, seamless jiggly body would be nice, complete with moobs and jiggly belly! Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Adeno wrote:Oh my haha! Oh actually, the hair on his body is kinda textured. There's like very thin "scratches" to simulate hair haha! Honestly, I can relate to this oyaji guy, I think he's about to become my future lol! Won't be walking around in undies though lol!

Yeah I wish there were fat or chubby 1/6 scale guys! I think there's one from the World Box brand and it comes with its own chubby gangster headsculpt. But I think despite it being quite fat, there's still visible musculature on it, as if it's just originally a macho man who gained some weight and now he's trying to lose it again. I want TBLeague to make one, seamless jiggly body would be nice, complete with moobs and jiggly belly! Laughing
Yes, World Box did one that everyone uses for stout characters, whether the height or body type are right or not. For example, it was used for Fat Thor or the Downtown Syndicate Butcher, etc. The version released by World Box with a head and trunks was of a professional boxer or wrestler or MMA fighter, whose name escapes me -- so yes, he was heavy but kinda fit.

TBLeague had shown a prototype overweight body, and some eBay sellers were advertising it as a pre-order (which was apparently not quite right), but I haven't heard anything since and it was a long time ago. It was shown on here, somewhere.

Frankly, I'm surprised no one has done a sumo wrestler yet, and hopefully, if nothing else (that may not be something I "need"), TBLeague would eventually do it. Because for non-seamless purposes, there are ways of bulking up regular bodies under clothes (the limits being those of how much you can stuff the clothing itself).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum