OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

I noticed someone was interested in these Figma Archetype bodies so I'll just go share an old review from last year on the 2.0 version of the Archetypes, but these are the bootleg/ko versions that you can buy on Ebay for around $9 to $11 each.

Pros: Improved bootleg quality that doesn't fall apart, imperfections are easily removed or fixed, looks pretty good overall.
Cons: Imperfections such as excess plastic will need to be removed manually, wrong assembly will have to be corrected.

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 00-front

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 02-malefront

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 03-maleback

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 04-malecloseup

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 05-maleextras

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 06-femalefront

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 07-femaleback

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 08-femalecloseup

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 09-femaleextras

Bootleg He and She's Interpretative Dance:

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 10-pose1

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 11-pose2

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 12-pose3

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 13-pose4

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 14-pose5

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) 15-pose6

Bootleg Figma Archetype He and She Next both look just like the authentic versions! Being bootlegs, there are minor imperfections such as the excess plastic on their body but you can easily pull them off or shave them using a nail file. There are also a few tiny scratches that you might notice if you look close enough. These aren't really bothersome at all.

When it comes to articulation, I'm definitely happy with what they can do! As you can see in the pictures, they were able to perform an interpretative dance without falling apart! This is a vastly different experience from the kind of disassembled horror that I had to go through when I was playing around with the previous versions of the Bootleg He and She two years ago. The joints on the new Bootleg He and She Next are pretty good. They are firm, there is no danger of breaking them, and overall they are pretty good quality. The joints are not as good as original Figma joints, but these are close enough. The only weird joint that I noticed was on Bootleg He's right elbow. When I first took Bootleg He out, his left elbow joint was "open" or split up. I had to remove the right forearm by pulling it off, then I pulled out the elbow joint and then I squeezed it together to make the joint fit in place. Now it functions normally!

As for other things I had to do, I also noticed that Bootleg He's left ankle joint wouldn't go inside the leg properly because of excess plastic on its side. This meant that his feet were not balanced and he couldn't stand up! I used a nail file to shave it off and now it's good and Bootleg He can stand up properly. Another thing I fixed with Bootleg He was his right hand joint's excess plastic. The excess plastic was sticking out too much it's as if his right hand joint had a knife sticking out. I just shaved it off with a nail file.

For Bootleg She, I had to reassemble her neck because it was installed incorrectly in such a way that she couldn't look down. If you look at the official pictures of She Next, you'll notice that the neck joint should be slightly visible. The reason why Bootleg She couldn't look down was that her neck was plugged into the joint in the reverse manner. Once I pulled out the neck from the neck joint and then installed it properly, Bootleg She was now able to look down and move her neck without a problem. Another thing I fixed with Bootleg She was her left shoulder joint. When viewed from the front, the ugly side with the circle of the joint was in full view. I simply pulled it out and then made the smooth side visible from the front. Problems solved!

All in all, I'm very happy with these two bootlegs. They are definitely not perfect, as in there are weird quality problems such as excess plastic and improperly installed joints or body parts, but you can easily fix them yourself with a nail file and you can disassemble their parts easily to adjust improperly installed joints or body parts. For a little bit of effort on your part, you'll have decent quality Bootleg He and She Next toys that don't fall apart. I highly recommend these two bootlegs if you want to make custom toys, have drawing models, or simply have generic people in your displays or stories.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. Unlike some of the smaller-scale knock-offs these appear to be fairly decent. I have had joints breaking on genuine Figmas, and that was very disappointing. Provided yours come assembled correctly, these might have an edge over the originals.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the review! I had no idea there were knock-offs, let alone decent quality ones. In fact, I might have seen these on ebay and just thought they were actual Figma's (or Figuarts??), as I'm not really well-versed in this kind of thing.

I'm very interested in making some custom 1/12 figures eventually, but have been unsure if these were any good, so it's nice to know they might be a viable option.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you know if these particular knockoff bodies come in the orange colour?

Adeno

skywalkersaga wrote:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you know if these particular knockoff bodies come in the orange colour?

I think I've seen the orange versions before. They really are cheeto orange color and they might have black logos on them since they're bootlegs of an event exclusive version of the Next people Smile

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5732/figma+archetype+next+he+GSC+15th+anniversary+color+ver.html

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ah ok, thank you! I had seen the orange ones, but wasn't sure if they were the same bootleg ones you were reviewing. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These are pretty cool, and would work great as artists models, thanks to the flexibility. About the only thing I see that could be adjusted is the thickness on the female bodies arms — they’re a bit disproportionate to the rest of her — like she has gorilla arms. But that’s a pretty minor nit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree on the arm thickness issue, Stryker. Seems be an issue in a lot of smaller figures though....that seamless 1/12th tbleague body for one, and I have a couple of 3.75" Padme's who suffer from this unfortunate problem as well, lol.

ETA:

I'm still a little confused about the bootleg vs. the official/'real' versions..... would you mind sharing an example for comparison?

Adeno

skywalkersaga wrote:
I'm still a little confused about the bootleg vs. the official/'real' versions..... would you mind sharing an example for comparison?

Although I don't have the original versions of the archetype people, I used to buy bootlegs to compare them with the real deal.

Here's Figma Snake and Bootleg Snake -> https://adenofuntime.blogspot.com/2016/03/bootleg-figma-243-solid-snake-review.html

Here's Figma Saber 2.0 and Bootleg Saber 2.0 -> https://adenofuntime.blogspot.com/2016/03/figma-227-saber-20-review-fun-time.html

Basically, the bootlegs are usually more terrible versions of the originals. They can sometimes be thicker/bigger, and their paint application is definitely inferior (even crazy!) when compared to the originals. Sometimes, the bootlegs will be missing important features, such as the moveable eyes that only the original Snake has (in the bootleg, it's just painted eyes).

There are a few ways to determine whether the item being sold on Ebay is a bootleg or not.

a. The price is too low, normally in the $10 to $30 range. Most original Figuarts and Figma toys are normally sold at $40 and above, even when "used". A current (2018/2019) good example is Figma Midoriya (aka Deku from My Hero Academia). The original costs somewhere around $250 to $300 since the anime is extremely popular and the toy is already out of stock everywhere. It will remain at that price until he gets re-released sometime in the future. If you check on Ebay now, there are Figma Midoriya toys you can buy from $15 to $25. Those are definitely bootlegs.

b. In the description of the item on Ebay, it says "Home Made", "Fan Made", or any variation of that which indicates that it's not the official company that produced it.

c. The seller is usually based in China and has a ton of other cheap merchandise for sale that would normally be sold for a much higher price.

d. The seller's feedback has a ton of negative reviews, and most of the time it's about broken items or undelivered ones.

e. Video review on youtube or other media of the toy looks different from the item being sold, such as the item being less vibrant in colors, the box's artwork looks grainy as if printed with lower quality print settings, there are misspelled words on the box and instructions.

f. If you somehow already bought an item and it starts falling apart easily, that's a good indication that you probably just bought a bootleg. Normally, modern Figuarts and Figma toys nowadays are very high in quality. They don't just fall apart. You will actually have to loosen up their joints most of the time with a little heat or silicone shock oil because they are a bit too well assembled, unlike bootlegs whose joints are usually split or damaged for some reason and you actually have to use pledge floor care to tighten them up.

g. If the Figuarts or Figma item you bought doesn't have those little plastic things inserted between their joints and other important parts to prevent paint rubbing, then it's probably a bootleg. Nowadays, pretty much all the Figuarts and Figma toys I bought have the plastic things inserted between their joints and body parts as part of their standard packaging style. Even Storm Collectibles is like that.

h. Bootlegs might occasionally include plastic wrappings inside the box to "protect" the toy, but the quality of the plastic is more like old used up ziploc instead of fresh new sheets of plastic.

i. Bootlegs also normally have this strange chemical odor when you first open the box. It's a different odor from original Figuarts or Figma toys. It's more... painful and headache inducing when you smell it. This is why you always have to wash your bootleg toys with soap and water before playing around with them, in order to remove the smell or whatever else might be there.

Anyway, those are my usual methods to determine if an item being sold is a bootleg. I hope this helps a bit Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, thanks for the detailed info!

I think I must never have actually encountered a 'real' Figma He/She on ebay then, since most of the ones I've seen have been in the lower price range. I'm guessing the ones I've encountered have all been the bootlegs you've reviewed above.

Adeno

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, thanks for the detailed info!

I think I must never have actually encountered a 'real' Figma He/She on ebay then, since most of the ones I've seen have been in the lower price range. I'm guessing the ones I've encountered have all been the bootlegs you've reviewed above.

Yeah, the real ones cost around $40 to $50 now.

There's also a Figuarts version of these generic people, it's called Body Chan and Body Kun. Just like the Figma, they also have bootlegs on Ebay. The sellers normally mix up the Figuarts Body Chan/Kun with Figma Archetypes, so their listings can sometimes be wrong lol! This is why it's important to be able to differentiate between the Body Chans/Kuns and the Archetypes if you want some of these generic people.

Here's a video on youtube that shows all of them together Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
See....this whole time, I thought the Figma's WERE 'Figuarts'!!! I had no idea they were different companies.

Like I said, I don't have much experience at all with figures in this scale, or from these makers, other than my two Figuarts Star Wars figures I posted the other day. So I would never have known ANY of this if you hadn't posted about it. I very much appreciate you doing so, because I might have purchased something while being completely unaware of what it really was, otherwise!

Adeno

skywalkersaga wrote:See....this whole time, I thought the Figma's WERE 'Figuarts'!!! I had no idea they were different companies.

Like I said, I don't have much experience at all with figures in this scale, or from these makers, other than my two Figuarts Star Wars figures I posted the other day. So I would never have known ANY of this if you hadn't posted about it. I very much appreciate you doing so, because I might have purchased something while being completely unaware of what it really was, otherwise!

You're very welcome, just ask if you have questions Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks!!

I was looking at some knockoff body chans, and wondering...what do they mean on the listings when they say 'luxury' version under options?

ETA: Nevermind, I think it's just an attempt to make them seem more appealing. ;p

Adeno

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks!!

I was looking at some knockoff body chans, and wondering...what do they mean on the listings when they say 'luxury' version under options?

The only other possible thing "luxury" could mean is the Body Chan/Kun "DX" versions or deluxe versions. These DX versions come with a ton of accessories, like laptops, cellphones, guns, swords, and things like that.

I would suggest looking for a store that actually says "DX" though, just to be sure they don't say "Well luxury, at least to us, means they only come with hands!" lol Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ohhhh, gotcha. Thanks again! Very Happy

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Can these figures cross legs, like on a sitting pose with one leg on top of the other? I've always wanted to buy one of these when I used to draw.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:Can these figures cross legs, like on a sitting pose with one leg on top of the other? I've always wanted to buy one of these when I used to draw.

I am not sure about these, but the original Figmas can:
Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) Figmam10

Is this relevant here? Hard to say, but since so much of the video review was about the comparisons between them (though they are differently scaled), perhaps the articulation is comparable.

Anyway, hope this helps.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Thanks, Gubernator. I think they can't do it, as seen on the figure in the middle. I don't think their thighs can touch eachother since the part of the pelvis limits the legs from getting closer.
Man, I hate TBLeague, they got me spoiled by their monstruous posability... but I wanted a figure like those so I could handle it more often without the danger of tearing the skin or getting it dirty.

Dang, this one here wants that exclusive Cheetos version so bad.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:Thanks, Gubernator. I think they can't do it, as seen on the figure in the middle. I don't think their thighs can touch eachother since the part of the pelvis limits the legs from getting closer.
Man, I hate TBLeague, they got me spoiled by their monstruous posability... but I wanted a figure like those so I could handle it more often without the danger of tearing the skin or getting it dirty.

Dang, this one here wants that exclusive Cheetos version so bad.

You're welcome. You were talking about a different type of sitting cross-legged. I was trying to keep the lady ladylike (legs crossed at ankles) and the dudes masculine (legs not crossed as high as the thighs). She can achieve the pose you are looking for pretty closely; in the case of the male figures, you're right, the pelvis piece gets in the way -- when you try to force the thighs into the position in question, the legs pop off -- but that allows you to remove the pelvis piece, put them back on, and achieve something close to what you were looking for. See photo below (in both cases the thighs touch, on the female figure more fully and more naturally; on the male figure barely and for only part of the length because of the musculature of the hard plastic thighs). But I'm not going to argue with you that TBLeague figures are better, which is true.

Figma He and She Next Archetypes (Bootleg/Knockoff) Figmam11

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Once again, I really appreciate the effort and the post. I was expecting that limitation would be in these figures. I recently bought an Amazing Yamaguchi Deadpool and saw how monstruous the posability can get, it's really fun. The figure can basically make any pose you want... except touch thighs.
One last question: how high will their legs go? Can they perform high kicks?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:Once again, I really appreciate the effort and the post. I was expecting that limitation would be in these figures. I recently bought an Amazing Yamaguchi Deadpool and saw how monstruous the posability can get, it's really fun. The figure can basically make any pose you want... except touch thighs.
One last question: how high will their legs go? Can they perform high kicks?

You are welcome. I suspect your Deadpool is more articulated. The legs can go about 90 degrees forward and about 45 degrees backward; a little bit more if you rotate them. If you remove the thigh piece, the leg can get to about 135 degrees forward (so 45 degrees away from straight up) and about 90 degrees backward. Sideways about 45 degrees either way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum