OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GeeWillikers

Just got invoiced for one of these.

I picked the 'Whiter' version (which seems to be the most popular). I'll try and pick up the other sculpt if the prices aren't absolutely ridiculous.

Meanwhile...

Seems like I was right, the 'Whiter' version does seem like a pale sculpt & body.

PatriciaLaHag

GeeWillikers wrote:

Meanwhile...

Thanks for the link, she looks really great!

"Holla die Waldfee" (German figure of speech for "That knocks my socks off").

GeeWillikers

PatriciaLaHag wrote:Thanks for the link, she looks really great!

I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed that the hair appears to be a darker 'silver' grey rather than pure white, but we'll see how it looks once it arrives.

Diana

GeeWillikers wrote:
PatriciaLaHag wrote:Thanks for the link, she looks really great!

I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed that the hair appears to be a darker 'silver' grey rather than pure white, but we'll see how it looks once it arrives.

I did expect that from the promos, and I also don't like it. Even after seeing the figure in the video I am quite bored of her and really don't think the colors of hair and skin look good together.

A head with pure white hair could have been awesome!

gooboo

Looking at the headsculpts on ebay, there seems to be a noticeable quality difference between the promo photos of the silver haired version and the mass production version. The green one looks a lot better to me.

gooboo

Went ahead and bought the green one. I wasn't sure initially if I was going to get either of these, but I kept thinking about them since they were announced. Normally I don't think much about figures if I don't decide to buy them immediately, so I figured it was a pretty good sign I really wanted this one.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The green sculpt does look nicer, but it doesn't seem to have held that 'unique' hairstyle:

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 S-l1600

It's also insanely priced, but not quite as insanely priced as recent TBL heads, so I'm debating getting it, Lord help me.  Neutral

gooboo

It's about the same price as other newly released TBLeague heads. If it ends up being popular, it will probably go up in price, like the blonde Vampire Slayer head which is now $100+

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:It's about the same price as other newly released TBLeague heads. If it ends up being popular, it will probably go up in price, like the blonde Vampire Slayer head which is now $100+

That Vamp Slayer sculpt seems to have set a very unfortunate precedent which means that most loose TBL sculpts are now $120-130 right out of the starting gate (a precedent which reached it's dizzying height with the most recent blonde Spartan at around $150 - I seem to remember that one almost doubling in price overnight from around $80 once the seller realised what he could get for the Vamp Slayer). Even taking various economic meltdowns into consideration that's a ridiculous price hike. Loose TBL sculpts under $100 are sadly now very much in the minority.

It's got to a stage now where if you want even one loose part from a particular set as well as the sculpt, you might as well just buy the whole set.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GeeWillikers wrote:
gooboo wrote:It's about the same price as other newly released TBLeague heads. If it ends up being popular, it will probably go up in price, like the blonde Vampire Slayer head which is now $100+

That Vamp Slayer sculpt seems to have set a very unfortunate precedent which means that most loose TBL sculpts are now $120-130 right out of the starting gate (a precedent which reached it's dizzying height with the most recent blonde Spartan at around $150 - I seem to remember that one almost doubling in price overnight from around $80 once the seller realised what he could get for the Vamp Slayer). Even taking various economic meltdowns into consideration that's a ridiculous price hike. Loose TBL sculpts under $100 are sadly now very much in the minority.

It's got to a stage now where if you want even one loose part from a particular set as well as the sculpt, you might as well just buy the whole set.

I don't have a problem per se with an economic effect that restores more value to the figure as originally designed (ie "whole set") compared to parts breakdown prices, that have always been weird and somewhat unpredictable.  The loose prices by definition can't exceed "what the market will bear."  What's really going to be a mess however is if TBL reacts to increased loose sculpt prices by increasing its own overall base prices.  If they do that, the loose prices will then go up once again, then TBL will react by another increase -- leading likely to a spiral and eventual collapse.  It will be like those old European towns where the radio station told you the time by looking at the city hall clock, while City Hall got the time from the radio station -- and nobody knows what's going on anymore.

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
And meanwhile  for the green version and a comparison with the white one:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Dt4y1A7U6/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.-1

I like the white one more than the green one, I find the gray/silver hair very interesting.

When I started collecting 1/6 figures about 20 years ago ( I have have seen more than 50 summers  TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 1f609 ), I would never have dreamed of such a female figure. Triad Toys, Otaku, ZC or BBI was the best you could get. Today we are spoiled from TBleague in terms of female characters .

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
PatriciaLaHag wrote:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Dt4y1A7U6/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.-1

I like the white one more than the green one, I find the gray/silver hair very interesting.

Thanks Smile

The white head does look a bit nicer in that video, but I still don't think the hair is right for the outfit. I can see what they were aiming for, but I think it was a mistake and they should have gone for pure white instead. I can always change it myself though if I feel I really need to.

Annalise

Annalise
Boo! We're Ghosts! (?)
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 1_img_10
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 2_img_10

See, all you need to hide that S47 giraffe neck is a necklace, helmet and fur collar! No prob.
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 3_img_10

Boo! Ima Ghost. A PALE ghost, for sure. Not worth mentioning in the promo listing  Rolling Eyes
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 4_img_10
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 5_img_10

My, what shiny eyes you have! The better to see you with, my dear...
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 6_img_10
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 7_img_10

What goes good with green? Why, red of course!
Thanks for looking.
TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 8_img_10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL. Aren't ghosts supposed to be pale (and to make pale those who see them and their shimmering eyes)? I appreciate the sarcasm. Nice solution for the neck. And beautifully shot.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Great pics (saving me a job again Smile ).

Looks like that SD Princess Mera head will go well with any blue/green set.

I was ambivalent about these but I got the White Ghost anyway, and I've noticed that the head sits a little oddly on the neck, with a downwards cast so that you have to tilt the head back slightly to get a straight-on gaze. Not sure I like that. I also picked up the head and a few partouts from the green set, and I'm preferring those to be honest (even though the head still has that same 'downcast' problem). The heads also seem very slightly undersized to me, which makes those S46/47 bodies seem even taller/bigger.

Also, the white body has split at the side after only two days of owning it. Neutral

So on the whole I'm erring on 'Meh'.

I'd already decided to sit out the Nephthys, Mohegan and Pompeii figures (aside from a few choice partouts from each) and this set hasn't filled me with any desire to change my mind. So I'm waiting for a new TBL bodytype instead now (male, female, Viking Woman, whatever) to break up the monotony...

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great pictures, Annalise!

I also got my copy of the Green Ghost some days ago. I'm a little disappointed with the head, as it feels  too small for the S47 body. It might be that they scaled down the head for better looks with the helmet on...

Here's my version of the Green Ghost with an alternative head (YMT50)...

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 52416326406_379649a252_kPriestess of the Old Gods by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Diana

Diana
Ooph! I didn't care for either, but you make the YMT050 AND the ghost soldier look soo good!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
GeeWillikers wrote:
Also, the white body has split at the side after only two days of owning it. Neutral

Sorry to hear that, so the figure arrived fine but after 2 days the TPE skin just ripped open by itself?

Randam Hajile wrote:
Here's my version of the Green Ghost with an alternative head (YMT50)...

Your version looks great! Fantastic diorama setup too with those creepy Cthulhu statues.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Awesome pics y'all

Love the backdrop and coloring Annalise! Very nice and fitting.
And Randam with another stunning fantasy scene

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:Ooph! I didn't care for either, but you make the YMT050 AND the ghost soldier look soo good!

I wasn't even thinking about this fig until I saw Randam's pic on Flickr, pairing the fig with the YMT-050 head... and those eldritch Old Ones statues! Now I'm trying to convince myself that I do not need another half-naked TBLeague fantasy warrior goddess.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous photo, Ralf, and excellent choice of an alternative head.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome photo, Ralf. You always make every figure shine.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague: Ghost Soldier Green/White(PL2022-195A/PL2022-195B) - Page 3 C8485110

Annalise

Annalise
Thanks for the kind words GF, GW, Valiarde & Randam.

Love your photo, Randam. Very atmospheric.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
rollotomasi wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:Also, the white body has split at the side after only two days of owning it. Neutral
Sorry to hear that, so the figure arrived fine but after 2 days the TPE skin just ripped open by itself?

Yeah, approx 2cm (!) along the mould seam.

I've repaired it - you can usually mod these things into 'scars' that ironically add some character, but even so, 2 days is a record. Neutral

I did once get a Jaiou male with a torn shoulder right out of the box, but it hasn't happened this quickly with a TBL until now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum