OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sobek -Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Sobek -Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No.: PL2022-188A
Bar Code: 6 97 127233 130 4

Sobek (also called Sebek) was an ancient Egyptian deity with a complex and elastic history and nature. He is associated with the Nile crocodile or the West African crocodile and is represented either in its form or as a human with a crocodile head. Sobek was also associated with pharaonic power, fertility, and military prowess, but served additionally as a protective deity with apotropaic qualities, invoked especially for protection against the dangers presented by the Nile.

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt with fixed headdress
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 scale male seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 1 x neck armor
4) 1 pair x bands for upper arms
5) 1 x strip of cloth for right upper arm
6) 1 x sleeve for left lower arm
7) 1 pair x armor for lower arms
Cool 1 x waist armor
9) 1 x leather skirt-like garment
10) 1 x skirt/kilt-like garment (fabric material)
11) 1 pair x detachable feet
12) 1 x ankh
13) 1 pair x armor for lower legs
14) 1 x calf leg sleeve for right lower leg
15) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
16) 1 x sword
17) 1 x scabbard for the sword
18) 1 x sceptre
19) 1 x base with holder
20) 1 x underpants
21) 1 x belt for hanging shield
22) 1 x shield
23) 1 x a trip of cloth to fasten on the waist

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 3.01kg
Measurements:
28.7cm * 27.2 cm * 38 cm
26cm * 36cm * 15.5cm

2 products/master carton
GW: 7.02 kg
Measurements: 56.7cm * 30.5 cm * 40.5 cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18272910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18273110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18273210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18273310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18273410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18273510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18273610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18273910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18274210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18274510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18274710
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18274910

Sobek - White 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Sobek -White 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No.: PL2022-188B
Bar Code: 6 97 127233 131 1

Sobek (also called Sebek) was an ancient Egyptian deity with a complex and elastic history and nature. He is associated with the Nile crocodile or the West African crocodile and is represented either in its form or as a human with a crocodile head. Sobek was also associated with pharaonic power, fertility, and military prowess, but served additionally as a protective deity with apotropaic qualities, invoked especially for protection against the dangers presented by the Nile.

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt with fixed headdress
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 scale male seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 1 x neck armor
4) 1 pair x bands for upper arms
5) 1 x strip of cloth for right upper arm
6) 1 x sleeve for left lower arm
7) 1 pair x armor for lower arms
Cool 1 x waist armor
9) 1 x leather skirt-like garment
10) 1 x skirt/kilt-like garment (fabric material)
11) 1 pair x detachable feet
12) 1 x ankh
13) 1 pair x armor for lower legs
14) 1 x calf leg sleeve for right lower leg
15) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
16) 1 x sword
17) 1 x scabbard for the sword
18) 1 x sceptre
19) 1 x base with holder
20) 1 x underpants
21) 1 x belt for hanging shield
22) 1 x shield
23) 1 x a trip of cloth to fasten on the waist

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 3.01kg
Measurements:
28.7cm * 27.2 cm * 38 cm
26cm * 36cm * 15.5cm

2 products/master carton
GW: 7.02 kg
Measurements: 56.7cm * 30.5 cm * 40.5 cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283411
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283611
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283710
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283711
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18283810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 18284010

#newproduct #TBLeague #AncientEgyptian #God #Sobek #male #mythology

Diana

Diana
Oh yay. Another Egyptian God.
Points for doing that sculpt. The white one especially is impressive.

But not the release I was waiting for.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Oh yay. Another Egyptian God.

I hear you. I'm getting more and more bummed that we have yet to see that mermaid they teased a couple years ago hasn't gone up yet, but we keep getting stuff we've never seen before. (I'm also disappointed that you don't get both heads of this with each version -- kind of a rip off really).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
He sure has an elastic history. The entire company has had an elastic history.
Nice, but could have been great with a scaled body. With scales I mean.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:
Diana wrote:Oh yay. Another Egyptian God.

I hear you. I'm getting more and more bummed that we have yet to see that mermaid they teased a couple years ago hasn't gone up yet, but we keep getting stuff we've never seen before. (I'm also disappointed that you don't get both heads of this with each version -- kind of a rip off really).

Totally agree with you about the frustration on not getting both heads.  It does feel like a rip-off, especially where literally everything except the head itself is either a straight re-use or a very minor variation on stuff they've given us already.  Thankfully they didn't do this before and we got both head versions with Anubis, Horus, Ra, Bastet.  

Not a good sign going forward if that's going to be their new normal (stealth inflation).  Maybe this is where I stop getting these.  It's not so much that I'm annoyed at the heads thing, or burnt out on their Gods generally, but I tend to think in terms of photoshoots, and once you exceed more than a half dozen Gods, I become pretty unlikely to set them all up.  There isn't too much in the way of prominent remaining Egyptian Gods anyway -- only Taweret comes to mind, and if so, a hippo crocodile hybrid head and body may be challenging enough to draw me back in one last time.  Or a Sekhmeth lion...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was expecting to be disappointed, and not disappointed in that expectation... except maybe a little. Yes, it is more fantasy than Egyptian mythology, and pretending to portray the Egyptian god is borderline insulting, but this one at least looks cool in the way some of these releases have not. But it is well nigh criminal not to include both heads with both versions of the set. I wonder how many people would actually cave in and get both sets to have both heads. Or how many would buy neither.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I was expecting to be disappointed, and not disappointed in that expectation... except maybe a little. Yes, it is more fantasy than Egyptian mythology, and pretending to portray the Egyptian god is borderline insulting, but this one at least looks cool in the way some of these releases have not. But it is well nigh criminal not to include both heads with both versions of the set. I wonder how many people would actually cave in and get both sets to have both heads. Or how many would buy neither.

This is the point exactly. It kills me that I even thought (and I did think) of maybe buying both. Which in a weird way, for me, actually ties into your first point -- because if he represents Sobek the Egyptian God, there can only be one of those, so everything except the second head would be redundancy or kitbash food. If I viewed them as some completely novel fantasy figures, like crocodile men out of some Stargate-ish spinoff, then I suppose it would look cool to have them side by side.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:This is the point exactly.  It kills me that I even thought (and I did think) of maybe buying both.  Which in a weird way, for me, actually ties into your first point -- because if he represents Sobek the Egyptian God, there can only be one of those, so everything except the second head would be redundancy or kitbash food.  If I viewed them as some completely novel fantasy figures, like crocodile men out of some Stargate-ish spinoff, then I suppose it would look cool to have them side by side.

I think it would be helpful to view this line as Stargatesque, because it certainly falls quite short of being Egyptian.

3Afr

3Afr
I would have liked them to replace this base (useless for me) with a nice tail for this crocodile god... and it's a shame that the 2 heads are not supplied with each figure... I like it a lot but I I'm not sure I want to buy one or the other.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yikes! These have jumped up in price too. $223 USD. Definitely not worth that with all the reuse.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) C8485110

JohnByng

I like the white version. I might get him. I agree about the lack of two heads. Maybe TBL have had trouble with sales of their previous releases where one has outpaced the other, leaving lots of stock languishing in warehouses?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Not an enticing prospect at that price. Maybe they need to start leaving out those hefty bases to cut down on costs a little. Perhaps sell more expansive mini-diorama bases separately for those who want them.

An easy pass for me.

But then aside from picking up a few stray parts from their other 'Egyptianese' sets, the only one that has appealed to me enough to preorder it has been the black Isis.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good points, GW, I wish they would come to see things that way.

Diana

Diana
First Aset only comes with one set of wings (and indeed I couldn't decide and POed both), now Sobek comes with only one head... looks like we can expect this to be the new normal at least for a while.

3Afr

3Afr
Received the 2 versions... I post some photos of the White version... NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 0111
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 0211
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 0311

3Afr

3Afr
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 0810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 0910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 1013

3Afr

3Afr
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 1113
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 1213

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. This came out very fast. Thanks for the photos.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Mark. Very cool for a fantasy reimagining of Sobek.

3Afr

3Afr
I'm still regretting that these Sobek Gods don't have a tail... so I'm going for a custom.

First draft, the tail may seem oversized for the figure, but I've seen a lot of representation of Sobek with a muscular body, and a huge tail... and I like it a lot.

The tail will be repainted in a tone matching the head of the figure and the dark body.

What do you think of this first try?

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 20220620
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 20220619
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) 20220621

gooboo

I think it looks like a good size given the muscular/bulky stature of the figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The tail is pretty neat. It lends itself nicely to the figure, which is stunning but fantastical -- in that it does not correspond to Egyptian artistic canon. In that, when given a human body, Sobek would not have sported a crocodile tail, just the the ceremonial bull's tail of a pharaoh. But after all the liberties the designers took with the figure, this cool crocodile tail is a nice addition.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The tail is maybe a tiny bit bulky but then it is a massive body to begin with. I think it'll probably depend more on how and where you attach it exactly.  The length is fine.

So did you get both versions of this figure in the end? I can see your dilemma - overall I like the black one more than the white one, but the white one has the cooler head sculpt.

3Afr

3Afr
GeeWillikers wrote:The tail is maybe a tiny bit bulky but then it is a massive body to begin with. I think it'll probably depend more on how and where you attach it exactly.  The length is fine.

So did you get both versions of this figure in the end? I can see your dilemma - overall I like the black one more than the white one, but the white one has the cooler head sculpt.

Thank you for your comment.  Smile
Yes, indeed I took the 2. If they had proposed the two types of head on each figure, it would have been simpler... but I do not regret either of the 2 versions, of course... I think that the tail will still fit well on this version, to tie it off i will make a hidden system around the waist.
I'll post some pics when it's finished....and post some pics of what gave me the idea. (The beast is much, much more massive)

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) Sobek-13
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) Sobek-12
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Ancient Egyptian Gods - Sobek Black/White (PL2022-188A/B) Sobek-14

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ Nice.

Hm, I think it's as much the way the base of the tail made his skirt rise and bunch up at the back that was giving me some small concern - if you can figure that out without noticable damage to the skirt then the tail is probably good as it is. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum