OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I’ll definitely (try to) weather the outfits that need it, like the cowboy, for sure. Just need to figure out how to do it without actually ruining them.

A very understandable dilemma.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

BAD WOLF-787

Great looking crew!

BAMComix

They all look awesome Mark!

154Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:54 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, fellas. Appreciate it. I have so many characters to make, it’s ridiculous.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, fellas. Appreciate it. I have so many characters to make, it’s ridiculous.

ridiculous fun you mean

One of the best parts of the hobby. Creating something with all these bought parts and figs

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, fellas. Appreciate it. I have so many characters to make, it’s ridiculous.

ridiculous fun you mean

One of the best parts of the hobby. Creating something with all these bought parts and figs

True, but it racks up quickly cost-wise.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This came last week and I finally had a chance to photograph it. Pretty nice, though the paint is pretty thick on it, so I don't think I'll even try to repaint it (the cover for the keys moves fairly stiffly because of it). The cushion on the seat is real! Pretty sweet piece, though it's difficult for a man to sit at it (might have to get a smaller body, and without the ab-crunch necessary it's difficult to get a body to sit when fully clothed, reach the keys, and the foot pedals). Still pretty cool.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3762
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3763
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3764

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice piece. It actually looks like it would go with that figure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice piece. It actually looks like it would go with that figure.

Thanks, Ian. Yeah, it’ll work with a barroom piano player, I just need to find a small enough male body that has decent articulation while fully clothed.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great piano!

Diana

Diana
Oh wow! That is one beautiful piano!
I actually looked for pianos a few weeks ago, when I also bought the guitar and mic, but I only found nice and affordable 1/12 pianos. So great find!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, folks.

I just acquired another interesting item: a Victorian era tub -- made of real tin (will probably have to coat the inside with something to keep it from staining the figures; maybe even the outside, as well). Here it's modeled by a stripped down Carol from the Walking Dead (didn't have another "nude" figure to use at the moment, and she's going to be joining my Westworld anyway once I figure out clothes and a name). Not everyone, of course, had such luxuries, but more established folks were able to have things shipped from St. Louis or Chicago back then -- especially ranchers, bankers, etc.. Weird that I keep looking for "domestic" items to fill my Westworld, but I'd like to do more stuff than just "gunfights" and campfire scenes. Not everyone wore a gun and tracked bad guys -- most people were farmers, ranchers, or store (service industry) workers. Anyway, here's a quick pic (couldn't get her arm to bend properly across her chest, so modesty bars had to be applied).

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3765

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What an awesome find. And I, for one, completely get your rationale.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
OOH! That Lando head's nice, where can I find one please? Nice finds with the piano and bath too! Do you follow Figure Zone on YT? He gives the latest updates on new releases of 1/6 figures from all over the place, a really simple and effective way of catching up on the market. Anyway, a bunch of recent ones have been Western orientated so there should be a plethora of interesting new clothes and accessories being parted out soon on eBay and Toy Anxiety etc..

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Alex, the Lando head is from the Empire Strikes Back Lando by Hot Toys. And it is excellent. The set -- and the head -- was featured in the New Product Announcements section (here), Michael Crawford's review (here), and in a bit of goofery of my own (here). The set was parted out a few times on Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety. I suspect that if you wait long enough there might be some knockoffs.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The head of Lando is actually from Sideshow’s Jabba Skiff Guard (it came with the helmeted non-removable head, and this one — which I don’t think looks anything like Billy Dee, but is still a good head sculpt.

Thanks, Alex. And thanks for the info about Figure Zone; I don’t spend a ton of time on YT anymore unless I’m looking for something specific.

167Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 Empty Re: Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I stand corrected. It looks better as your new character, Mark.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Alex, the Lando head is from the Empire Strikes Back Lando by Hot Toys. And it is excellent. The set -- and the head -- was featured in the New Product Announcements section (here), Michael Crawford's review (here), and in a bit of goofery of my own (here). The set was parted out a few times on Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety. I suspect that if you wait long enough there might be some knockoffs.

Stryker2011 wrote:The head of Lando is actually from Sideshow’s Jabba Skiff Guard (it came with the helmeted non-removable head, and this one — which I don’t think looks anything like Billy Dee, but is still a good head sculpt.

Thanks, Alex. And thanks for the info about Figure Zone; I don’t spend a ton of time on YT anymore unless I’m looking for something specific.

Cheers for the info guys! Guess I'll wait for a KO as I'm not going to pay HT eBay prices.

Melancholia

Just thinkin', there were many Chinese immigrants laying the railroad tracks back in the early 1800's.  Maybe one could wander into town...maybe not...I dunno.  But the sexy cowgirl I preordered like, 45 years ago and haven't recieved..uh...received, yet would want to visit your town. 🤗
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 Sud-se10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I do have a Chinese character planned. A woman based loosely on Polly Bemis (a real Chinese woman who had a fairly… ah… tragic background as to how she ended up in the Idaho territory, but ultimately married a saloon owner, and after his passing ran the Bemis Boarding House). I don’t have plans to have the railroad in my remote Montana town yet, so no “Coolies” — still using stagecoaches.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I've been accumulating stuff for quite a bit, but haven't posted anything. Here's a couple more items anyway.

A dining table and set of 4 chairs purchased off Etsy (seller/artisan: miniChair https://www.etsy.com/shop/miniCHAIR). The chairs are really delicate, but they hold the weight of the figures just fine. The table is really well made.

And a nice porcelain tea set from eBay; Hannah decided to have her brother over:

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3812
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3813

A cash register (for the General Store) that's actually a pencil sharpener. A really nice porcelain water pitcher and wash basin -- need to make a stand for this. And a couple Wells Fargo money bags with printed period accurate currency.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3814

Hannah got a really nice dressing table and stool (and a cute little knitting basket with yarn). The dressing table and stool are from Etsy seller/artisan KofanArt https://www.etsy.com/shop/KofanArt?ref=yr_purchases) I bought the pitcher and water basin from Etsy seller RustyLanternVintage https://www.etsy.com/shop/RustyLanternVintage, but I'm pretty sure it was a one-off antique. Need to get a number of accoutrements for the table, which is well made. it has working drawers and a real mirror (as evidenced by the camera visible in it) that actually tilts.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3815
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3816

And last (for the moment), a really well-made (and heavy) roll-top desk and swivel chair (I'll always have to hid the screw/spring and the casters when taking pics). I actually have two chairs from this set, as the first arrived damaged, and even though I could have fixed it, the seller graciously sent me a replacement. This thing is a beast; all the drawers and pull-outs work, as does the roll-top. Very cool piece, but pricey. This is from Etsy seller/artisan: WoodWonders 15 https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodWonders15?ref=yr_purchases

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3817
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3819
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3818

Again, I'll have to get a bunch of stuff to put on this desk.

Hannah was surprised by how far back the chair tilts.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 7 _dsc3820

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And her brother was surprised by what was under her dress, indubitably! Smile I love all the new pieces.  My great-aunt has a desk of this type, though a bit diminutive. Think about period-appropriate wallpaper and flooring design (even if you have them just printed on paper) and room wall and floor options (whether Laser cut or not). I hope you can find a rocking chair or two (or maybe you already have them, I forget).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I found a site that has printable period wall paper (it's in 1/12 scale, so I'll have to figure out a way to upscale it without losing the details -- or without the pixels being obvious). I don't have any rocking chairs yet, but I do have a couple really nice period (I guess they would be called "club chairs" today) for the general living room (Christ! I'm actually accumulating stuff that could go into a 1/6 scale doll house). I've been looking at "oil lamps" and "oil wall sconces" that actually work, but everything is made for 1/12 scale (I'll probably have to make due with those regardless). I've been taking scans of room designs and accessories from old Westerns so I can gather more stuff. I don't actually want to make a full on dollhouse, but I would like to make some room boxes. A saloon would be great, as would the general store, but I may have to settle for making small sections only as opposed to full on massive rooms. I would also like to do False Fronts for the outside, but the size would be ridiculous (no idea how to tackle that issue).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Send me a link to the wall paper site, perhaps I can advise on retaining the detail, but it will be a couple of days.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And you can make corners of rooms, I think that would work most efficiently and effectively, given limited space and resources.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Send me a link to the wall paper site, perhaps I can advise on retaining the detail, but it will be a couple of days.

Cool. Here's the site that I looked at (the usable sections are the "1750-1850" & "Victorian"); but she has all different time periods and even flooring, newspapers, and other items):

https://www.jennifersprintables.com/printables1.html

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks. I will take a look. Depending on scale and resolution, this might work. Keep in mind you don't need very high resolution for the background.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Cool! Love the the desk and chair!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks. I will take a look. Depending on scale and resolution, this might work. Keep in mind you don't need very high resolution for the background.

Appreciate any effort.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum