OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

valentin

valentin
So recently, my partner, caught spiderman no-way-home, and later multiverse of madness....

She really like the character Dr Strange alot, despite having watched the first Dr strange movie, only in the recent Spidey one, then did she caught the 1/6 collecting bug.

So she's on a crazy rush to collect almost all the Dr Strange in both 1/12 and 1/6 scale.

However, since my current job is only half my pay of before the pandemic, I told her the first dr strange by hot toys is out of reach for us mortals. Thus, I have the following,

• Headsculpt by NRToys - 114.58 yuan
• Clothes by CPOP - 245 yuan
• Body by COO MX02 - 52 yuan
• Generic Boots - 25 yuan
• 1/6 flight stand - 28 yuan
= 464.58yuan -> USD$68.93 after direct conversion.

• Background from leftover crafting materials, and resized zoom meeting virtual background printed on 3 sheets of A3 borderless.

Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner) Whats111
Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner) Whats113
Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner) Whats112

Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner) Whats116
Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner) Whats114
Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner) Whats115

She just wants to play with it, and it's cheaper and better (for my case), before her preorders of Hot Toys multiverse of madness comes in.

brassco

brassco
nice! I've also been on the edge of almost giving in to HT for their expensive and low quality figures for a long time...I should also start to diy my own Dr. Strange! I hope your partner likes it! (It's the efforts that count, not the money...)

Diana

Diana
He looks great! Definitely no need to spend so much for HT when you can achieve results like these on a budget. Well done!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That turned out great, I would be be honoured to receive such a nice gift!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s pretty cool that you made that for her. And talk about a deal. Nice bash.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, this is a great likeness and an excellent price. Impressed, hope your lady is too.

valentin

valentin
She claims the backdrop is out of scale.... lol.... oh well, it is truly.

Anyway.... just tried to do the circle circle thingo.....

Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner) Whats117

Here's the BTS of it. Piece of A4 transparency and an inkjet printer.
Kitbashed a Doctor, Stephen Strange (for my partner) Whats118

Diana

Diana
NICE! How are you going to attach/fix it? Excited to see how you solve this. Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
This is realy good ! I thought is was the Hot Toys Dr. Strange. affraid Thanks for showing !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum