OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:That’s not bad. I see what you mean about it not being as bright as you’d like, but it’s still really cool for a custom made light saber.

I said that before I built it properly! Wink  Now I think it is pretty darn bright! Twisted Evil

I also cut off the sabre's blade insert tab bit and polished that end increasing the ability for it to capture and funnel as much light from the LED as possible; made a remarkable improvement as you'll see from the pics taken during daylight below. wrote:

A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 U08fc5f

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, these look very good, and more impressively you made them yourself. Nice to see him perched on his base, waving "hi." Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, these look very good, and more impressively you made them yourself.  Nice to see him perched on his base, waving "hi." Smile

lol! Yeah I just kind of plonked him there with no posing, I only wanted to check if his boots would fit on the ledge ok. scratch pirat

shovelchop81

Yay! Finished and filmed. The only things I changed since filming are placing the chestbox straps under the tunic as I think it looks better and replaced the batteries for the red led on his face for slightly stronger ones.

Main video with sound and lights working

Zooming in and playing with lighting etc..

Behind the scenes setting him up etc..

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is fantastic! All of your efforts really paid off. The lights, the sound, the entire build. Really great work, Alex. cheers

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent. Such a challenging build, but like always you surmounted all challenges and ended up with a fully functional figure that does everything you wanted it to do.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That is fantastic! All of your efforts really paid off. The lights, the sound, the entire build. Really great work, Alex. cheers

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent. Such a challenging build, but like always you surmounted all challenges and ended up with a fully functional figure that does everything you wanted it to do.

Thank you both so much!! Would you like to see a comparison to my other custom Vaders?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Thank you both so much!! Would you like to see a comparison to my other custom Vaders?

Hell yeah!

A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Mark. We can never get enough of your Star Wars collection/creations.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Veeeeeeeerrrrrrry cool! I love the light-up function that you built! A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 1f44d A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 1f44d A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 1f44d

Valiarde

Valiarde
Awesome result. I'm a big fan of anything light up/led in the hobby (i cant do it despite having it all in school, but need a big refresh)

Also nice to see it in video. Well done man

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Thank you both so much!! Would you like to see a comparison to my other custom Vaders?

Hell yeah!

GubernatorFan wrote:I second Mark. We can never get enough of your Star Wars collection/creations.

Thanks guys! The pics would be done and posted by now if I hadn't run into a mysterious snag, my favourite BD Vader version fell over when I was getting him down from a top shelf and his head fell off, no big deal I'd just pop it back on and fix any breakages but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere!! confused  I've turned the living room upside down all day with torches and sticks poking in every conceivable place it could have gone repeatedly  scratch . Well my new mantra has been 'blame it on the kitten' as it's usually true and I guess this could well be the case here, she's super fast and claims anything from a speck of dirt to a $1,000 transformer combiner to be her new toy (luckily the transformer is much heavier and bigger than her lol), then grabs it and runs off with it to torture in one of her lairs.. Twisted Evil  So I guess Ill have to check all over the house including the bloody attic to try and find it!

Randam Hajile wrote:Veeeeeeeerrrrrrry cool! I love the light-up function that you built! A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 1f44d  A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 1f44d  A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 1f44d

Thank you very much! The sound editing and getting that to work was the 'fun' part! lol.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Valiarde wrote:Awesome result. I'm a big fan of anything light up/led in the hobby (i cant do it despite having it all in school, but need a big refresh)

Also nice to see it in video. Well done man

Thanks for watching Valiarde! I'm sure if you've done electronics in the past you can easily pick it back up again, what I'm doing is super simple.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good luck with your investigation. I can't imagine what kitty would want with a Vader head.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Good luck with your investigation. I can't imagine what kitty would want with a Vader head.

Cheers GTF! She will find a tiny pebble fascinating and play with it for hours! Anything she can play 'pawball' with she will and Vader's irregular shaped head rolls completely unpredictably so great for training herself to hunt.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh man! That kittie could have taken it anywhere, or batted it under something/somewhere you hadn’t even thought to look yet.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Oh man! That kittie could have taken it anywhere, or batted it under something/somewhere you hadn’t even thought to look yet.

LOL, tell me about it! I've been up ladders, on all fours fighting cobwebs, moving kitchen appliances etc.. still no sign of the bloody head! I was even checking light fixtures!! Rolling Eyes

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
YAAAAYY!! I found the missing custom BD Vader head! At last after searching everyday for what feels like a week (5 days?) and I can't even blame the kitten. It landed in a peculiar blindspot of my SW ANH collection resting on the nose of a Dewback behind a shelf pillar so the only way I found it was by using my phone's video camera on a tripod used as a 'stick' to reach the high shelves and look down on them and more importantly as it turned out, to see places even at eye level that I couldn't! It's now safely hot glued onto the body so it won't happen again. The fallen over figures you'll see are from this figure falling over and/or I moved stuff trying to find the head, the dust and cobwebs... well that's just what happens when you're a lazy bachelor who prefers building to cleaning, ironically a lot of the dust comes from the dremel! Twisted Evil pirat
So you get a very quick limited tour of part of my collection never seen at this angle before since I was filming so I could review most of the footage later.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ha! That was hilarious. What a way to search in tight spots. Thankfully the mystery has been solved.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Ha! That was hilarious. What a way to search in tight spots. Thankfully the mystery has been solved.

LOL, well at first I was cursing myself for not having bought an endoscope but then of course realised I didn't need one!

Got all my 1/6 Darth Vaders together in one place to take comparison pics later but thought this conglomeration of Vaders won't be seen again any time soon so I should take some pics. I wonder what you would call a group of Vaders..a vengeance?...a vanguard?....a vicious? or perhaps a torture or terror?

There are two SSC Darth Vaders and a Medicom one in there, the rest are my customs; see if you can pick out the mass produced ones, probably not that hard lol!

A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 0uB6Mpn

A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 6D4EgA7

A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 V64CKvA

A Vanguard Of Vaders!!/Finished and Filmed! 3 videos pg2. /Battle Damaged Darth Vader Custom Build From The Kenobi TV Series WIP - Page 4 JW40pEB

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That’s quite the collection of Vaders. Honestly, my eye isn’t good enough on armored figures to spot mass produced from custom. Great stuff, Alex.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I count 10 Vaders. That is more than a squad, but we do see groups of 10 Stormtroopers together in ANH. So maybe the Darth Squad? Smile

Very cool. I see you have spent a lot of time on the unmasked heads, which makes it even more impressive. Why, you even have a burn victim Anakin!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum