OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Build thread here
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7715-three-new-darth-vader-figures-last-tweaks-to-emperor-s-death-dio-dio-builds-for-them-1-bespin-gantry-scene-2-force-lightning-killing-emperor-scene-3-meditation-chamber-scene

Only lasts a couple of seconds in the film but took weeks+ to make in 1/6! LOL. Such an important part in SW lore that I wanted to make my own version of it, tried the skull and bones type effect but it didn't work the way I wanted it to i.e. glowing from the inside rather than just painted on top as the CGI looks like to me. I could have gone a bit more purple with the effects but that illuminates very poorly, there is a lot of UV reactive materials and paint involved in the build also 'glow in the dark' paint, UV LED's and EL-Wire. Explaining how he/they were made like the helmet and lightning etc.. is too complicated to explain here, if you'd like to know please visit the build thread; it's 7 pages so you might want to just scan through the pics! Twisted Evil

SCENE REPLICATED

VADER ON HIS OWN

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! P37dSBl

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! Tz6WE3R

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! M7J0xcR

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! G0CTUiw

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! WxgwqVa

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 9q5og1K

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! ZM9iYhk

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 6SVZd7b

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! QhCLno1

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! RJgu5DS

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! HYe0N3M

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! Zq11Zq8

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 9oHhpCM

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! WCs1Jhx

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! NccEa7H

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! ShtNXBz

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! RRrCHMh

DARTH VADER THROWING THE EMPEROR DOWN THE SHAFT, KILLING HIM AND HIMSELF DUE TO THE FORCE LIGHTNING IN THE PROCESS TO SAVE HIS SON LUKE.

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! EqkGVQc

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! BS0LSKN

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! XAjLYGg

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! FvCzMVb

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 7iuQHPP

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 2dyAZAB

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! YJ7X7DL

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 9bqoqfE

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! ZO90wkF

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! YDbDnBh

MAYBE I SHOULD TAKE SOME PICS WITH A UV TORCH TOO, NEED TO WAIT UNTIL IT'S DARK THOUGH.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Absolutely incredible! I'm beyond impressed by your ingenuity and how you pulled it off! The lit up photos look fantastic!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Holy (censored)! This turned out awesome! You, Sir, are a genius! Absolutely incredible. Love the effect you managed to pull off. There aren’t enough adjectives to describe how impressive your work is on all of your builds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I see it is now done. And what a glory it is! I realize it is going to be static, but all your effort and ingenuity paid off big time. Bravo!

Visisonor

Visisonor

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Absolutely incredible! I'm beyond impressed by your ingenuity and how you pulled it off! The lit up photos look fantastic!

Stryker2012 wrote:Holy (censored)! This turned out awesome! You, Sir, are a genius! Absolutely incredible. Love the effect you managed to pull off. There aren’t enough adjectives to describe how impressive your work is on all of your builds.

GubernatorFan wrote:I see it is now done. And what a glory it is! I realize it is going to be static, but all your effort and ingenuity paid off big time. Bravo!

Visisonor wrote:

Thank you everyone! Something still bugs me about them, maybe the lack of purple? Not going to mess with it though, took far too much effort to get them up there safely!!
I've taken more pics but with the UV torch as well this time.

ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE SCENE

JUST UV TORCH

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! KDP2He9

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! JpLaCG0

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! RKjRofb

UV TORCH, LED'S AND EL-WIRE LIT UP.

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! RLyomq3

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! H9TkS98

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! Inq95xu

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! DZZCMV7

AND NO UV TORCH... MIGHT HAVE TO BUILD A UV TORCH INTO THE DISPLAY...

The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! VQrwd8X

Diana

Diana
Holy cow that is amazing!! The heroic act. The moment of redemption. Beautifully captured! Very Happy

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Diana wrote:Holy cow that is amazing!! The heroic act. The moment of redemption. Beautifully captured! Very Happy

Thank you Diana! I'm so glad you like it as you were so excited at the beginning so I didn't want to disappoint! Cheers for the encouragement too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These UV photos are very effective. Well done!

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
That Force lightning is just superb, the uv effect so bright…..really crowns off all your hard work! Incredible persistence on all the aspects here and what an impact - very cool. Hope you have room to give this a worthy display!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I keep coming back to this, you definitely made an homage worthy of the iconic scene. The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f49c

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:These UV photos are very effective. Well done!

Thanks! Makes me want to build a UV light into the stand.

Tanzenwolfe wrote:That Force lightning is just superb, the uv effect so bright…..really crowns off all your hard work! Incredible persistence on all the aspects here and what an impact - very cool.  Hope you have room to give this a worthy display!

Thank you! Well he's kind of stuck where he is, best place I could find for him to be honest, top shelf and kind of the 'Alpha & Omega' of the OT films having 1/4 scale Ben & Vader fighting behind him killing the Emperor...a sort of 2nd circle is complete? Wink

skywalkersaga wrote:I keep coming back to this, you definitely made an homage worthy of the iconic scene.  The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f49c

Thank you so much SWS! I tend to look at it and 'I did that much work for just that?!' lol, so your reaffirmation is completely welcome!Laughing

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very cool work! It is always amazing to see how your projects progress and look better and better!  The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f44d  The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f44d  The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f44d

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The end result is awesome. Even without the lights the colors used really works to illuminate it well.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Theboo-bomb wrote:The end result is awesome. Even without the lights the colors used really works to illuminate it well.

Thanks TBB! Great to hear as they were chosen very carefully to give the effect of electricity with the light off as he'll be displayed like that most of the time.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Randam Hajile wrote:Very cool work! It is always amazing to see how your projects progress and look better and better!  The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f44d  The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f44d  The Emperor's Death Dio With Darth Vader, lots of lights etc..NOW WITH UV TORCH!! 1f44d

Thank you!!

cdn_rhino

Super cool stuff.

Looks awesome to see it all finished up and lit up. It's like a scene cut from the movie. Bravo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum