OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ukshaun

WOW! Just WOW!
The brown combo somehow impresses more than the blue version.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Diana

ukshaun wrote:WOW! Just WOW!
The brown combo somehow impresses more than the blue version.

Every time this topic plops up I have to restrain myself, cause that brown version really does impress. The head is gorgeous. But I don't care to have a cow girl so... *sigh* I don't need to have everything that's pretty. *sigh*

blackpool

Some really cool accessories and features, the boots and guns, the hat, it looks nicely made!
In fact she just needs clothes Razz (tho I doubt those chaps will allow any pants underneath...)

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Anyone else get these? I paid off both of them, and they shipped yesterday.

Willmatron

Xavion2004 wrote:I see that our brief experiment with classy, fully dressed western ladies has come to an end, and we’re back to the strip clubs again.  The sculpts are nice, though.

My thought exactly. I can imagine these women standing on a stage with men throwing money at them.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:Anyone else get these? I paid off both of them, and they shipped yesterday.

I've got 'A' on its way as I type, which is a surprise as GT still have it listed as a pre-order. I swooped in a few days ago at what I think was the lowest price and paid in full (or rather in 3 via Paypal). Let's be honest, if this was priced much higher it certainly wouldn't be worth it.

I'm still ambivalent about the figure itself, but there are parts of it I can kitbash, and I really do like the look of that sculpt. Let's hope it isn't too far off from the promos.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Willmatron wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:I see that our brief experiment with classy, fully dressed western ladies has come to an end, and we’re back to the strip clubs again.  The sculpts are nice, though.

My thought exactly. I can imagine these women standing on a stage with men throwing money at them.

Yes it's certainly an um, 'interesting' swerve, when you place it alongside one of LongShan's Westworld figures.

Not that you would place one of these next to one of those, realistically.

I've also got the VeryCool Sadie Adler on preorder, in an effort to amend for this sin Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Forgot to say that, to me, this figure seems to be in response to that SuperDuck Jessica Alba Cowgirl Dancer set (based on Sin City, is it?).

This isn't that specific (the sculpt could be Alba but only if you imagine it desperately enough) so for me it's more appealing (I'm not a fan of movie star likenesses, I prefer to just create characters, that aren't limited or even disadvantaged by that).

Diana

Diana
Oooh! Exciting! I'm looking forward to the photos! Very Happy

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Diana wrote:Oooh! Exciting! I'm looking forward to the photos! Very Happy

It'll have to be a quick 'point and shoot' session if they're from me - I intend splitting this up for kitbashing more or less out of the box Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
PHOTO EXTRAVAGANZA:

NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7754
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7762NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7763
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7770
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7774
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7776NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7777NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7778
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7780
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7782NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7783
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7757
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7785NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Western Cowboy Bounty Huntress [A/B Type] (LS2022-08) & Wine Barrel Platform (LS2022-09JT) (possible NSFW) - Page 2 DSCN7786

The head is reasonably faithful to the promos, but as usual there's the problem of 'cross-eyes' at certain angles and distances.

The hat is very soft plastic with a felt overlay. Not a struggle to put in place at all, fits well.
The chaps, bikini bottom, belt & wristbands: not sure if these are actual leather (if they are pleather then it's a high quality pleather). The chaps suffer with the usual 'hook attachment' problems vs a moveable body (see back and side bikini views). The tassels are a bit too 'cheap' looking though. And those bikini bottoms will not stay in 'the middle', so it's easy to see why they've chosen the 'non-detailed' S10 body for this figure.  
The bra is soft plastic (ties at the back).
The boots are solid plastic, all one joined piece (aside from the spinning part of the spurs), quite nice even so.

The guns: the pistols are all plastic, but the short rifle has metal elements.

So, in summary, this is OK, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the other black/blue variant. Some parts are certainly worth picking up loose if you can, though. I've broken this figure down already and the head, hat, boots and guns will be of most use to me for kitbashing, but I can find a use for pretty much everything here (even the chaps will be OK over some pants on a thin-legged figure).

ukshaun

ukshaun
Works quite well with the hat in place. Like you mention, the eye's work better from some directions compared to other direction.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Diana

Diana
Thank you for the photos. Very well documented. Smile
Most of it does look quite usable, though I agree that the cross-eyedness is too much. It would bug me to no end, so those irises would see a repaint. *I feel a tickle in my fingers! Need to paint something!*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum