OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Heavy Yongsan SL2021-06A 1/6 Joan of arc casting alloy "Joan of Arc" action figure Product ID NO: LS2021-06A

Product List:

ospray X2
TBLS36 encapsulated X1
ferritic casting alloy mask X1
casting alloy badge X2
Die-cast alloy waist armor X1
Die-cast alloy skirt X1
Die-cast alloy elbow pads X2
Die-cast alloy handguards X2
Gloves X4
Leg loops X2
Die-cast alloy calves X2
Die-cast alloy boots X2
Tops X1
One-piece underwear X1
Pleated skirt X1
Long leg socks X2
skirt X1
belt X1
die-casting alloy long sword X1
die-casting alloy long gun X1
battle flag X1
bracket platform X1
pre-order customers gets a special cloak

NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17383914
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395010
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395110
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395111
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395210
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395311
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395410
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395411
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395610
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395712
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395810
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395811
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395911
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17395910
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17400010
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17400111
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17400211
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17400310
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17400411
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17400512
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 17400610
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 23511110
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 23511217
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 23511410
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 23511510
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 23511610
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 23511710
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 23543610
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A A14

#newproduct #LongshanHeavyIndustry #JoanofArc #female #stylized #fantasy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The non-anime head is pretty sweet but otherwise this one is an easy pass for me. Poor Jeanne d'Arc. First burned on the stake, now this...

Ghost808

Ghost808
Agree with Gubernator. That second rooted hair head is great.

Ghost808

Ghost808
I was thinking I might jump on this full figure, just for the head, given it'll probably scalp at $100+, but then I saw the figure price!!! Ouch! Maybe not.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
This is another character from the Fate franchise. This is the Alter version. She’s not necessarily evil per se, but she is a more corrupted/less moral version of the original which we see in the final picture wearing blue. I’m going to stick with the Figma versions.already.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:This is another character from the Fate franchise.  This is the Alter version.  She’s not necessarily evil per se, but she is a more corrupted/less moral version of the original which we see in the final picture wearing blue.  I’m going to stick with the Figma versions.already.

Ah, we should have known... black leather = evil (or cool Crypto-robot Executioner); silver armor with virginal blue cape = good. Thanks for the background info.

davidd

davidd
The price ($265 USD at Giantoy) is, like, ouch! Crying or Very sad

Beyond that, though... I think it's an impressively eye-catching, sexy figure, in an obviously stylized anime sort of way.

Are there two versions, or does the figure include two head sculpts, an "anime" head and a more "realistic" head?

Is this the first complete figure based on the "anime" S36/37 body style?

I have a few of the S36/37 bodies, and while they are "large bust," I don't recall the bust looking quite as prominently enhanced as in these photos. Is the "push up" effect a result of the costume, or the camera angles, or is this a re-designed version of the body?

The "special cloak" is quite spectacular, making a pre-order all the more tempting. But then I come back to the price. That would be enough to buy half the 1/12 Imperial Guardians set. Or a Lume Cube Pro lighting set. Or... a lot of stuff.

Still though...

NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A Joanarcfig

... is that hot, or what?

I need to triple my income if I'm gonna stay with this hobby.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think the sets come with two head sculpts. That might also "justify" the higher price.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:I think the sets come with two head sculpts. That might also "justify" the higher price.

Roughly a hundred bucks if you were to buy a basic S36 body with head.

Roughly a hundred bucks for the costume - and with boots now running $30 and up on eBay, a skirt and top easily costing $30, plus a sword... and a cape if you pre-order; or, complete costume sets are now costing $90 minimum and often $125 and up.

That leaves an extra $65 for the extra head - and "parted out" heads from sets easily bring that on the secondary market, especially a nice sculpt with silver hair.

And then there's the "bracket platform" or "base," which would probably cost another $40 or so.

Okay... I suppose the price can be justified.  Embarassed

This is a situation where I need to think seriously about where my actual interests lie in this hobby. I do not "collect" figures per se, nor do I use figures as display pieces. My primary interest is in photography, sets and dioramas, and photo-stories. I do not have any other figures of this type - that is, anime-fantasy - among my characters, nor do my stories tend in that direction. This figure, while cool, would be an outlier. What would I do with this figure?

It will be easy enough to talk myself out of wanting this one; but, this is the first figure I've seen in a while (other than those Imperial Guardians) which I must intentionally try to talk myself out of wanting. This fig is not to everyone's taste, obviously, but I think it looks pretty cool.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Okay... I suppose the price can be justified.  Embarassed

I wasn't suggesting that the price is objectively justified, just that this might have been a factor in the company suggesting placing it at such a high point. As with so many other collectibles, ultimately it is up to us as individual consumers to decide whether we really "need" to buy a set or not. I know you like anime, so I can understand why you are so drawn to this. All puns intended. Smile And I agree it looks nice for what it is.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:All puns intended.

And all puns appreciated! Razz

I'm kinda thinking out loud, so to speak, here. This is the first new release (other than those 1/12 Imperial Guardians) that has really piqued my interest in a while.

Prices across the board are increasing rapidly. This release seems to be on the higher end of the "new normal" range considering the relatively few accessories, but unfortunately (at least relative to my budget) it is within what appears to be the current price range for new figures. Justified or not, this is how much 1/6 scale seamless action figures cost.

Ghost808

Ghost808
davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I think the sets come with two head sculpts. That might also "justify" the higher price.

Roughly a hundred bucks if you were to buy a basic S36 body with head.

Roughly a hundred bucks for the costume - and with boots now running $30 and up on eBay, a skirt and top easily costing $30, plus a sword... and a cape if you pre-order; or, complete costume sets are now costing $90 minimum and often $125 and up.

That leaves an extra $65 for the extra head - and "parted out" heads from sets easily bring that on the secondary market, especially a nice sculpt with silver hair.

And then there's the "bracket platform" or "base," which would probably cost another $40 or so.

Okay... I suppose the price can be justified.  Embarassed
You make some good points, and definitely to kitbash, this figure would cost a fortune to "recreate", but those prices aren't really a fair way to calculate the material value. It's certainly not how manufacturers should be doing it.

The manufacturers are paying cents/pence to produce some of these components (die cast is dirt cheap. Last I checked, it's cheaper than most decent quality plastics. It's why toy cars were/are so often made of it - they just cleverly market it here, as "real metal is cooler").
So even with profit markup, labour and overheads, most of these components are only coming in at $5 a piece to the manufacturer, and the larger the production runs, the cheaper the parts. (Which i imagine this being from a popular series, it will be a fairly decent sized run.)

I fear the pricing is purely what sellers feel they can get away with and being justified by buyers willing/able to pay it. They are gradually creeping up, because enough people are paying high prices and the manufacturers are witnessing people paying $100 just for a head, on eBay.

So, you are right, in a way. It is "justified", but only in a dubious morals kinda way. Because without paying their price, you'd be forced to face the ebay scalpers to even get close to this figure, but I still think manufacturers are extracting the urine lately, with their inflated prices. 

And if they are tagging $65 on for an extra head, then knock that s*** off and sell me a version $65 cheaper, with just the one, non manga head. I only want one anyway, dammit! 😄

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:You make some good points, and definitely to kitbash, this figure would cost a fortune to "recreate", but those prices aren't really a fair way to calculate the material value. It's certainly not how manufacturers should be doing it.

The manufacturers are paying cents/pence to produce some of these components (die cast is dirt cheap. Last I checked, it's cheaper than most decent quality plastics. It's why toy cars were/are so often made of it - they just cleverly market it here, as "real metal is cooler").
So even with profit markup, labour and overheads, most of these components are only coming in at $5 a piece to the manufacturer, and the larger the production runs, the cheaper the parts. (Which i imagine this being from a popular series, it will be a fairly decent sized run.)

I fear the pricing is purely what sellers feel they can get away with and being justified by buyers willing/able to pay it. They are gradually creeping up, because enough people are paying high prices and the manufacturers are witnessing people paying $100 just for a head, on eBay.

So, you are right, in a way. It is "justified", but only in a dubious morals kinda way. Because without paying their price, you'd be forced to face the ebay scalpers to even get close to this figure, but I still think manufacturers are extracting the urine lately, with their inflated prices. 

And if they are tagging $65 on for an extra head, then knock that s*** off and sell me a version $65 cheaper, with just the one, non manga head. I only want one anyway, dammit! 😄

Amen! And thanks for pointing out die-cast is cheaper -- I didn't know, but it certainly explains some things.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Mind you. If you think giantoy's price is steep. (Which I believe includes postage) check out ekiahobbies!!!...
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A Screen11
😳 GULP!!

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:

Amen! And thanks for pointing out die-cast is cheaper -- I didn't know, but it certainly explains some things.
Officially die casting is seen as pretty expensive, but that is on larger scale, more complex casts, and it also very much depends on what metals/alloys you're working with. That being said, on small scale, fairly simple pieces like these, and using cheaper, softer metals, it's really cheap. Especially if your metals are reused, and have a low melting point. Because the materials are cheap, and you don't need any serious equipment for low temp metals.

To my shame, when I was 12 I used to bootleg a certain leading boardgame's lead miniatures, mostly for me, to bulk out my armies, but I did sell a few to friends at school. 
Making molds was super easy, and I used old broken toy cars and literally melted them in a ceramic pot over a small wood fire. The finished miniatures were actually sturdier than their lead originals, and safer. Having to clean away mold flashing was the only drawback.
With the more recent ability to 3D print masters, get bulk junk metals, etc. Die casting figure parts like this, is potentially insanely cheap and easy to do. Also, if the figure fails to sell well, you just melt down the pieces and use them on the next project.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost, I hope you found a better deal! And thanks for the extra info.

davidd

davidd
Ghost808 wrote:Mind you. If you think giantoy's price is steep. (Which I believe includes postage) check out ekiahobbies!!!...

Or $299 USD plus shipping (usually around $15 to $20) on the Monkey Depot site.

Quick aside: how did you make the moulds you used for your gaming figure castings? Plaster of Paris? I tried that once with only marginal success and lots of failures. Melting lead fishing sinkers in a pan on the kitchen stove was probably not the best idea, either.
geek

Ghost808

Ghost808
davidd wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:Mind you. If you think giantoy's price is steep. (Which I believe includes postage) check out ekiahobbies!!!...

Or $299 USD plus shipping (usually around $15 to $20) on the Monkey Depot site.

Quick aside: how did you make the moulds you used for your gaming figure castings? Plaster of Paris? I tried that once with only marginal success and lots of failures. Melting lead fishing sinkers in a pan on the kitchen stove was probably not the best idea, either.
geek
This is going back a while (30 years! 😳), so I couldn't tell you brand names. My dad was an engineer in a microchip fab, so he had access to some cool stuff. He got me a two part putty that would set solid like steel. Cheap stuff too. It had a high heat tolerance, but it couldn't handle too much, before the mold would start to break down. So not perfect, but it worked. It also didn't shrink when it set, which was a big bonus.

I had a lot of failures to start with too. But once I got a good technique going, it was smooth sailing.

I'd just press the miniature half way into a block of putty, with two wooden sticks at the feet to make a pour-in point/air release. Let that set. Then spray release agent, before pressing the other half of the putty on. Once it set, pull apart, pop out the original miniature, put the two halves together with more release spray. Hold with a c clamp, and pour into one of the foot holes. The other hole let's the air out, so it fills properly. It could be fiddly getting the figure out, and i occasionally cracked the edges of the molds trying. Sometimes the figure would only partially mold, but I could always re-melt the failures.

The release spray was special too. But like I said, I couldn't tell you brand names, sorry. It was also heat resistant. I remember using a different release agent first, but it would react to heat and leave ugly bubbles on the surface of the figures.

I also never tried making figures with lead, so no idea how these molds would have handled that. I believe I was using a zinc alloy. You could pretty much melt that stuff over a candle!!

I imagine you don't have that pan anymore!?! 😆

Saturn

Saturn
Someone on the bbcin forum has already posted inhand photos:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=376410&extra=page%3D1&page=5
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 145222kqexe00yq0eeccgt
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 145216gw2td9rqqtcwqqo5
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 145218f8w8dd110drrgjzz
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 145220tnip99gendcpch03
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 145221fga4pppzrjlje4pp
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 145217sd6p22c50st72fp8
NEW PRODUCT: Longshan Heavy Industry: 1/6 Joan of arc die-cast alloy "Joan of Arc" movable figure SL2021-06A 145219l8o5c0iqoc4lo0li

Valiarde

Valiarde
Already a head pic? That is fast.

I think it looks very good for that figure!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Actually very nice, especially for such a "cute" head.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Really like that head. Going to expensive, I'll bet, unless the manufacturer is going to release it directly (unlikely)

davidd

davidd
Those "hand" pics have the official product logo in the corner, so I do not think they are actual "in hand" images from a purchaser. The lighting and camera angles are absolutely perfect. These are professional product photos.

Diana

Diana
Oh absolutely, these are official promo shots. And she is beautiful.

Ghost808

Ghost808
It seems this figure has been changed and one of the heads is gone. Thanks to the bizarreness of auto translate, I'm not 100% which head has been killed off, but I fear its the rooted hair version, which I've been looking forward to a lot. Seems the BBICN community complained about one head, so the designers scrapped it.

Any native Chinese speakers on here who can check BBICN and confirm which head is gone? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

EDIT: nvm, It seems the anime head has been dropped, and the rooted hair head is being kept, but changed slightly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum