OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ukshaun

ukshaun
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 Valkyr12
LOADING: Image(s)

Hot Toys Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

ukshaun

ukshaun
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 Valkyr11

ABOUT THIS SIXTH SCALE FIGURE
“The is the best day of my life!” – Valkyrie

Crowned by Thor to be the new King of Asgard, Valkyrie wields her trusty Dragonfang sword
and possesses great strength. When a dangerous galactic killer threatens the livelihood of
New Asgard, King Valkyrie is forced to take up her sword once more to protect and defend
her people.

Inspired by Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder, Sideshow and Hot Toys present the long-
awaited Valkyrie Sixth Scale Collectible Figure to fight the new cosmos threat along with Thor.

The movie-accurate collectible figure is masterfully crafted based on the appearance of Tessa
Thompson as Valkyrie in the movie, features a newly developed head sculpt with stunning
likeness, dreadlock ponytail hair sculpture, a newly designed body with seamless elbow joints,
carefully tailored vest armor in black, white and metallic silver with a fabric cape, highly
detailed weapons and accessories include the Dragonfang sword, a pair of daggers, Zeus’
Thunderbolt and effect accessory, Korg’s face sculpt, portable speaker, and a figure stand.

ukshaun

ukshaun
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 Valkyr10

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The Valkyrie Sixth Scale Figure features:

Authentic and detailed likeness of Tessa
Thompson as Valkyrie in Thor: Love and Thunder

One (1) newly developed head sculpt

Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture and make-up

Intricately sculpted black ponytail dreadlock hair
sculpture

Approximately 28.5 cm tall

Newly developed specialized body with over 26
points of articulations and seamless elbow joints

Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
One (1) pair of fists
One (1) pair of relax hands
One (1) pair for holding weapons
Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
One (1) blue-colored cape
One (1) piece of black, white and metallic silver vest armor with skirt and patterns
One (1) silver armlet
One (1) pair of black pants
One (1) black and silver colored belt with thigh straps
One (1) pair of black boots with dagger sheath

Weapons:
One (1) sword with scabbard
Two (2) daggers

Accessories:
One (1) Zeus’ Thunderbolt
One (1) Thunderbolt gradient yellow-colored effect accessory
One (1) Korg face sculpt (attachable to back of head sculpt)
One (1) portable speaker

A themed figure stand with movie logo and
character name

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice looking sculpt. Haven’t seen this movie yet, but I haven’t heard too many positives. Too bad they didn’t do her from Ragnarok instead, but at least they finally got around to her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice looking sculpt. Haven’t seen this movie yet, but I haven’t heard too many positives. Too bad they didn’t do her from Ragnarok instead, but at least they finally got around to her.

Great looking figure. I would only pick this up if i picked up Thor. Since i donot own a Thor, i am considering the situation. I will wait until 2023 to make a decision.

Diana

Diana
Holy cow I want that head. Sadly I don't care for the rest. Can't stand that costume.

Now where was that other product announcement with the optional pegasus...

ukshaun

ukshaun
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 378110
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 470910
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 565910
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 661710
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 759110
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 856210
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 954310
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 1051910
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 1183210
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 1183310
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 1247310
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 1344910
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 1636410
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 2107410

The rest of the images currently available.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Diana wrote:Holy cow I want that head. Sadly I don't care for the rest. Can't stand that costume.

The head sculpt is 100% on point.
The costume is what it is. Not much Hot Toys could do about that ;D

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Diana wrote:Holy cow I want that head. Sadly I don't care for the rest. Can't stand that costume.

This one...
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5835-new-product-thunder-toys-td2026-1-6-scale-norse-mythology-warrior-td2026b-1-6-scale-pegasus?highlight=pegasus

Same here, I want the head only. Calling NRtoys...

@Stryker, I didn't like the movie. Taika Waititi really went overboard with the comedic bits... and its bad.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent looking set. I also am mostly drawn to the head, not having seen the film. The fantasy neo-Norse armor has always been hit or miss in my book, but it is what the movie design made and it does have continuity with that of other characters.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Honestly, I am way more impressed here than the general trend seems to be.  I agree about the excellence of the head but to me it goes well beyond that.  As points of reference, I do agree the film was "meh," and the costume does nothing for me -- although at least I think Valkyrie's T:L&T costume was "movie Asgard average," as compared to Thor's and others which were even goofier in T:L&T than previously.

BUT this figure IMHO has to be seen in the context of that 1/6 underserved demographic of the Afro-American woman, and on that front, they knocked it out of the ballpark.  It's often been noted that certain ethnicities fall outside the comfort zone of HT and other Asian sculptors but there's no trace of that here.  The face is flawless, the hair is amazing.  On the body they got everything right despite all the avoided mistakes they could have made.  She is distinctively slim, not over-muscled, and didn't get given the silly exaggerated breasts you might see more often than not.  She gets seamless elbows, which is by no means routine for HT, and the very discreet shoulder joints are something I can live with.  There's darn near nothing you can compare her to, unless you reach to something like ThreeZero WD Michonne (or the abominations like early TBL Eartha Kitt or Halle Berry) so to my eyes she is way impressive in an important niche. I only wish they had given her one pair of ungloved hands.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good points, MBAM, I was going to comment much along the same lines about the body, although the shoulder joints were detectable to me, once more bringing up the issue of HT not developing or working with proper seamless bodies.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Good points, MBAM, I was going to comment much along the same lines about the body, although the shoulder joints were detectable to me, once more bringing up the issue of HT not developing or working with proper seamless bodies.

I really wonder what HT is going to do in that regard for Namor the Submariner, coming out of Black Panther II Wakanda Forever. Film's due out in November, so a figure could be announced any day now. Basically he's naked except for swim trunks, so any joints at all are going to stand out. An interesting test for HT.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
That headsculpt is 😍😍😍😍
I have a Valkyrie sculpt I nabbed off a cheap kid’s toy a couple of years ago that’s actually not a bad likeness but this is just spot on, and it’s one of the rare occasions that sculpted hair actually works well!
Love the body and the outfit is cool too.

I was pretty disappointed in the film tbh - Thor:Ragnarok is probably my absolute favourite Marvel movie overall, and normally I adore everything Taika does but somehow Love and Thunder just fell really flat. It was definitely funny, and Christian Bale made for a brilliant villain, but it just lacked *something*. Still a great film but not a patch on Ragnarok.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I just saw this custom Tessa-Valkyrie by Zedabyu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lROUvilPc9I
(Jump to 4:40)

https://zedabyu.artstation.com/projects/zABqDQ

Diana

Diana
I am still very tempted by this figure. The head is just stunning, and I would also like to encourage HT to stick with ethnic versatility. And the body does look good. I just wonder what it looks like underneath that armor, which I would love to swap out for a simple tank top or some such.

For 240 Euros plus shipping and tax... pfffffffft.

The Thunder Toys version seems to be really hard to get. GianToy and KG don't list it. OSK's ridiculously short pre-order window has passed. Space don't have it... those are my go to places. Crying or Very sad

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You could email Kit to see if he just took down the listing (he’s done that for a lot of bootleg figures) to see if he still has some available.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys: Thor: Love And Thunder – Valkyrie 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure MMS673 C8485110

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:You could email Kit to see if he just took down the listing (he’s done that for a lot of bootleg figures) to see if he still has some available.
Ah, thank you for the tip! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum