OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Iron Man Mark V, known as “The Suitcase Suit,” is a lightweight and portable version of the Iron Man armor that can be donned quickly when danger strikes, allowing Tony Stark to suit up in a matter of seconds – something he desperately needed when he was ambushed by Whiplash during the Monaco Grand Prix!

Hot Toys presents the 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark V Collectible Figure and Diorama Base Set exclusively in Hot Toys Shanghai Store and Hot Toys Japan at TOKYO COMIC CON only. The accurately recreated "Suitcase Armor" figure in diecast features articulated armor pieces and highly poseable structure for dynamic posing and display.

Skillfully crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man in Iron Man 2, the over 32cm tall diecast figure features a Tony Stark head sculpt with battle damage effects for added realism, an interchangeable helmeted head with LED-light up function; the intricately detailed Iron Man armor design in precise proportion, comes with articulated flaps and extended range of articulations; painted to the finest detail in red and silver coloring with a metallic appearance; LED lighted eyes, arc reactor, and arms; additional interchangeable parts with battle damage effects including LED light-up left arm, chest armor, shoulder armors and hands; finely sculpted accessories such as Mark V suitcase and Whiplash arc reactor.

What’s more! The figure exclusively includes a highly elaborated diorama base reminiscent of the dramatic showdown between Iron Man and Whiplash, complete with damaged motor parts and guard rail from the circuit.

Be sure not to miss the opportunity to own the special Mark V figure today!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS400D18C
PRODUCT NAMEIRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 32.5 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESBATTLE DAMAGED HEAD SCULPT WITH AUTHENTIC LIKENESS OF ROBERT DOWNEY JR. AS TONY STARK, INTERCHANGEABLE HELMETED HEAD WITH LED LIGHT-UP FUNCTION, CHEST ARMOR CAN BE DETACHED
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q4, 2022 – Q1, 2023
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark V Collectible Figure and Diorama Base Set specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Iron Man Mark V in Iron Man 2
- One (1) battle damaged head sculpt with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark
- One (1) interchangeable helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- Approximately 32.5 cm tall
- Movie-accurate proportion armor design with over 30 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
- Special features on armor:
- Metallic red and silver colored painting on the sleek and streamline Iron Man armor design
- LED-light up function design on eyes, arc reactor on chest, and arms (white light, battery operated)
- Articulated flaps on chest, back, and calves to simulate the suiting up process
- Chest armor can be detached to reveal the interior mechanical design
- Additional interchangeable armor parts with battle damage effects including:
- One (1) left arm with LED light up function (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) set of chest armor
- One (1) pair of shoulder armors
- Eight (Cool pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of repulsor-firing hands (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) additional left fist with battle damage effects
- One (1) additional relaxed left hand with battle damage effects
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Accessories:
- One (1) Mark V suitcase
- One (1) Whiplash arc reactor
- A specially designed track-themed diorama figure base feature elements such as damaged race car with wheel

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2022 – Q1, 2023

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure. Button cells are required
***Product details are subject to change without further notice

© 2022 Marvel.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 11837
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 21076
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 3783
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 4733
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 5661
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 6619
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 7593
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 8564
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 9545
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 10521
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 11838
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 12475
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 13451

#newproduct #HotToys #IronMan2 #IronMan #MarkV #male #movie #Marvel #MCU #comicbook

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous set, but there are so many of them. Still, I like that they remembered to provide the "suitcase" version, and both a helmeted and unmasked head sculpt.

davidd

davidd
These images, with all the metallic highlights and shadows and reflections, look completely 100% digitally illustrated to me. The close-ups of the wrecked car base are the only images that look to me like they might be an actual physical object.

What is this figure really going to look like? There's no way it is going to have such believably segmented armor plating and the overall level of "metallic-ness" and intricate detail indicated in these illustrations, unless it's going to cost a thousand dollars. Or two thousand dollars. Or as much as a real Ironman suit.

Does anyone on the forum here own an Ironman fig that looks anything at all like these illustrations? If so, could you send me a link or two to some pics? Not promo pics, but actual in-hand sitting on your desk or shelf in a place of honor real-life non-enhanced pics. Then I'll shut up... maybe.

"Allowing Tony Stark to suit up in seconds."

Not being a comic book fan, I have a very difficult time "suspending my disbelief" for some of this nonsense. Superman changing in a telephone booth was difficult enough to accept, but at least remotely plausible. So show me. Show me the world's fastest quick-change artist changing from a 3-piece business suit in to this armored exoskeleton "in seconds." Or in to a regular suit of armor from Ye Dayes of Olde in seconds. No, I don't mean an animated sequence from the movies. I want to see a real person get suited up in armor, any kind of armor, "in seconds."

I know, I know, I'm not going in to this with the right attitude.

Then they have the balls chutzpah audacity to tell us: "Be sure not to miss the opportunity to own the special Mk V figure today!"

Except, it's not available today. It's not available until maybe later this year, possibly early-ish next year, and realistically... who knows?

Plus, it's a Hot Toys Shanghai Store and Tokyo Comic Con exclusive!

So, what, I'm supposed to fire up my Lear jet for a quick trip overseas in the hope I can bribe my way in to Tokyo Comic Con (because I failed to purchase tickets in advance, silly me) so I can stand in line hoping to score one of these exclusive editions before they sell out? And then, will it actually be available by Tokyo Comic Con, or will I have gone to all that trouble just to place a pre-order for an as-yet-unseen product? Or will the entire production run have been sold out through the Shanghai store leaving nothing available in Tokyo?

I'm just glad I'm not an Ironman fan or a Marvel figure completist.

Tokyo Comic Con is scheduled for 25 - 27 November 2022, for those of you who actually own private jets.

csyeung

csyeung
Hehe You tell em Davidd!

I actually just got the reissue of Mark V that has been shipping out in the last little while. I didn't notice at first, but the racecar wheels are ridiculously underscaled in the reissue reissue pics above.

I agree this one probably shouldn't have suited up so fast, although the mark 50 from the later one is based on nanotech, so I guess it can?

Anyway, the Iron man figs are pretty detailed. I was a bit surprised at how detailed it was when I unboxed it. I still havent had time for a proper unboxing.

Here are some in hand pics for you Davidd.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE Dsc04512
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE Dsc04514
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE Dsc04513

davidd

davidd
csyeung wrote:Here are some in hand pics for you Davidd.

Well, in your pics, the jointed metal plates on the abdomen and the knee joints look pretty good. Perhaps not as reflective and metallic as the illustrations of the new figure suggest, but the level of detail is, I must admit, impressive. I presume the plates are molded as a single section, as opposed to being individually articulated? Thanx for sharing the images. I am now at least open to being less skeptical. Wink

csyeung

csyeung
davidd wrote:
csyeung wrote:Here are some in hand pics for you Davidd.

Well, in your pics, the jointed metal plates on the abdomen and the knee joints look pretty good. Perhaps not as reflective and metallic as the illustrations of the new figure suggest, but the level of detail is, I must admit, impressive. I presume the plates are molded as a single section, as opposed to being individually articulated? Thanx for sharing the images. I am now at least open to being less skeptical. Wink

some are and some aren't. Like with other Ironmans, they are heavily engineered in such a way that the abdomen can be expanded so there is ab crunch and bend, so while not all plates are separate, some areas are to allow for articulation. They also all come with a pair of hands that have articulated fingers as well. So I guess the answer is in the areas where plates need to move to allow for major articulation, they do move. Things like the shoulderplate for example can swivel out while you articulate the arms, then swivel back in place so as to give more clearance, etc. There are also LEDs, although the reissue I got is still based on watch batteries so it's not particularly optimal. There has been a switch to usb powered/wired in some of the new prototypes.

Ironman is arguably HT's bread and butter and they spend the money for R&D. Unfortunately, this exclusive release is more just a repackage though and really for the completionists because aside from the base, that's the same one I just got. (which should be available in most stores/distributors)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow… another Iron Man.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE 1be3

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: IRON MAN 2 IRON MAN MARK V & RACE TRACK DIORAMA BASE HOT TOYS EXCLUSIVE 1/6TH SCALE DIECAST COLLECTIBLE FIGURE & DIORAMA BASE C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum