OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tiffany, Tanya, and Willie (Tauntauns and Wampas): Updated Oct 22 2022

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Great work! I didn't realise they had ears! I remember watching a 'behind the scenes' about Wampas, their creation and filming on video, maybe YT maybe one of my DVD's. I keep meaning to build mine round a WWE figure but they get nicked for Gladiator or LOTR builds all the time and I can't find replacements cheap on eBay like I used to. I suggested fur and painting nails on the Taunton not red in the eyes, that credit belongs to someone else. Do you still have that 'white' dot on the pupal from the original paint? If so you might want to change it, just a thought and yes ironic coming from me who hates touching eyes with paint or anything! LOL.
Well to be honest, I'm not 100% sure Wampa C (and its Special Edition rendition) did have ears, even if they appear to be the canonical Wampas and the costuming guide specifies the presence of ears behind the horns. There is that one image of this type of Wampa (?) with Luke on the Tauntaun, but I don't know where and when this was shot or otherwise composed (could it be a photo of miniatures used in the studio?). The related puppet version (Wampa E) definitely had these ears, loosely based on the original design (Wampa A). And then Wampas B and D had the silly anime cat ears. Smile

Hmmm... I didn't see any WWE 1/4 scale figures now -- at least not with good articulation -- when I was looking for a 1/4 body. I remember your glorious LOTR builds, but you have gladiator builds too? Did I forget or were these farther back in time? My memory is not what it used to be. To wit, ok, I got confused about the Tauntaun suggestions. Both you and Valiarde have advised fur, I bought it, but have yet to make the leap. I did actually apply some ivory acrylic to the nails and the "weathering" to the adjacent fur.  As for the dreaded doll dot, it was the first thing I eliminated. Since I was making the eyes smaller by adding a sculpted eyelid, I did not have to repaint -- the dot was hidden under the new lid. Of course I had to paint the lid.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

Hmmm... I didn't see any WWE 1/4 scale figures now -- at least not with good articulation -- when I was looking for a 1/4 body. I remember your glorious LOTR builds, but you have gladiator builds too? Did I forget or were these farther back in time? My memory is not what it used to be. To wit, ok, I got confused about the Tauntaun suggestions. Both you and Valiarde have advised fur, I bought it, but have yet to make the leap. I did actually apply some ivory acrylic to the nails and the "weathering" to the adjacent fur. As for the dreaded doll dot, it was the first thing I eliminated. Since I was making the eyes smaller by adding a sculpted eyelid, I did not have to repaint -- the dot was hidden under the new lid. Of course I had to paint the lid. wrote:

The WWE were, are 1/6 but large obviously lol.
Here are some pics, I was going to ad the thread links to OSW but the tight gits have archived all my threads so no pictures showing! confused pale

Tiffany, Tanya, and Willie (Tauntauns and Wampas): Updated Oct 22 2022 - Page 3 W889Ext

Tiffany, Tanya, and Willie (Tauntauns and Wampas): Updated Oct 22 2022 - Page 3 UqW1xlu

Tiffany, Tanya, and Willie (Tauntauns and Wampas): Updated Oct 22 2022 - Page 3 UnKXkL1

Tiffany, Tanya, and Willie (Tauntauns and Wampas): Updated Oct 22 2022 - Page 3 LLnOpjG

Tiffany, Tanya, and Willie (Tauntauns and Wampas): Updated Oct 22 2022 - Page 3 Zsg09hp

Tiffany, Tanya, and Willie (Tauntauns and Wampas): Updated Oct 22 2022 - Page 3 Nsrnqi1

Green arrows indicate all my custom scratch built ones

Tiffany, Tanya, and Willie (Tauntauns and Wampas): Updated Oct 22 2022 - Page 3 Q9bSO09

WWE bodies used on the Albino giant with two swords and the guy with the big axe and horns on his helmet, has some zebra 'skin' on his clothing. Sorry for the disruption of your thread! These are all guys from 'Spartacus: Blood & Sand' and 'Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena'.

The eye 'dot' I saw on the tauntaun must be a reflection of the light which ironic lol!

MeMyself&I

GubernatorFan wrote:

Tiffany, Tanya, and Willie (Tauntauns and Wampas): Updated Oct 22 2022 - Page 3 Twswc035

This is my favorite pic in this whole thread!

shovelchop81

Just noticing the extra paint work you have done on the tauntaun, sorry missed it the first time round, nice!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote: The WWE were, are 1/6 but large obviously lol.
Here  are some pics, I was going to ad the thread links to OSW but the tight gits have archived all my threads so no pictures showing! confused pale

WWE bodies used on the Albino giant with two swords and the guy with the big axe and horns on his helmet, has some zebra 'skin' on his clothing. Sorry for the disruption of your thread! These are all guys from 'Spartacus: Blood & Sand' and 'Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena'.

The eye 'dot' I saw on the tauntaun must be a reflection of the light which ironic lol!

Wow! There are so many. I do recognize the ones from CM and KP that I collected, too, but with your custom ones you have a whole gladiator school (or gladiator rebellion) going on. They look excellent. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure I'm not the only one new to seeing them. Was the Secutor one of the newer ones? I might remember you working on him.

Yes, funny... but it means my gloss job worked well (in their defense, Hasbro did provide some gloss to the eyes). But no stationary eye dots/doll dots for me. Smile

MeMyself&I wrote:
This is my favorite pic in this whole thread!

Thank you very much. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it.

shovelchop81 wrote:Just noticing the extra paint work you have done on the tauntaun, sorry missed it the first time round, nice!

No problem, I'm glad you approve of it! And still thinking about that fur. Dear Lord, there will be hairs everywhere. Also, just purchased more white fur for the big Wampa.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Oh and i didnt chip the horn, it came already chipped Smile
I guess there are two versions out there, luke and TT as well as han and TT and the Taun Taun is slightly different here.
Hi Simon,

I came across and purchased a loose head from the same Tauntaun set as yours (Luke's, with the chipped horn). It just arrived, and to my great surprise, the horns can be rotated! They must have been glued (by the factory? by the previous owner?) on my first one. Were the horns on yours fixed in place or rotatable? At any rate, this makes for a more pleasant customizing experience.

More Tauntaun customization coming up...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, I'm very excited to see further customisations! Both the TaunTaun and the eventual big Wampa. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:
I guess there are two versions out there, luke and TT as well as han and TT and the Taun Taun is slightly different here.
Hi Simon,

I came across and purchased a loose head from the same Tauntaun set as yours (Luke's, with the chipped horn). It just arrived, and to my great surprise, the horns can be rotated! They must have been glued (by the factory? by the previous owner?) on my first one. Were the horns on yours fixed in place or rotatable? At any rate, this makes for a more pleasant customizing experience.

glad to hear you are really into it - and with 'it' I mean more customizations of Star Wars stuff.  Smile

I just tried and my horns cannot be rotated - there is a slight chance my paint application are the cause here, maybe they glued them in place, but I think they are non-rotateable  Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Valiarde wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
Hi Simon,

glad to hear you are really into it - and with 'it' I mean more customizations of Star Wars stuff.  Smile

I just tried and my horns cannot be rotated - there is a slight chance my paint application are the cause here, maybe they glued them in place, but I think they are non-rotateable  Smile

I have Han's tauntaun (I think) with complete horns, they don't rotate either.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, I'm very excited to see further customisations! Both the TaunTaun and the eventual big Wampa. Very Happy

Thank you very much. The base figure for big Wampa is here (its identity will remain a mystery for a bit), but it broke a hip joint during travel (I got a partial refund when I complained). I have repaired it tentatively with super glue, and am just wondering how slight a movement will cause it to break again (it is standing ok on its own for a while now). The proper solution would be a long metal screw (I was consulting with Alex = shovelchop) which would limit some articulation potential but would keep some of it operational. But even so, there is precious little plastic to work with, and I'm not too keen on trying it. Since it won't be visible under the Wampa suit, I might be able to work out some sort of wire contraption holding the leg in place (assuming it breaks again), but whatever I do, the figure would likely not be as poseable as I would like at one hip. And I'm not shelling out big money on such a body again.
For the Tauntauns, I'm definitely doing parallel modifications to the new head (Luke's Tauntaun as opposed to Han's), and still considering applying some fur like Valiarde's stunning custom.

Valiarde wrote:

Interesting. Yes, the paint would get in the way a little bit, maybe, or maybe some previous owner glued the horns. It is possible childplay had made them quite loose. Or it was something done at the factory. Sounds like you did not rotate them yourself. Looking at your Tauntaun (which is also Luke's Tauntaun), the horns are in a pretty good position; by contrast, when I got it, mine (Han's Tauntaun) had the horns in a bad position (see the "before" photo of Tiffany), which necessitated rotating them -- and to do that I ended up slicing, gluing, and sculpting. I rotated them a little bit farther up. Anyway, the head I just got (of Luke's Tauntaun) has them both movable (it took a little pressure to get them going), and not too loose, which is great -- while I managed to get a decent look with the sculpted green stuff, it is not the strongest glue material and if Tiffany takes a fall, there is a chance a horn would become partly detached and require repairs.

shovelchop81 wrote:I have Han's tauntaun (I think) with complete horns, they don't rotate either.
Hmm, that was the case with mine, hence the slicing and gluing. Thanks for confirming. Well, I seem to be in luck with this new one, but let's not jinx it. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The base figure for big Wampa is here (its identity will remain a mystery for a bit), but it broke a hip joint during travel wrote:

I know what it is!..I know what it is!! tongue tongue tongue Sorry couldn't resist being a little child!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:I know what it is!..I know what it is!! tongue  tongue  tongue  Sorry couldn't resist being a little child!
I am happy it is already bringing you so much joy, infantile as it might be! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum