OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 16]

blackpool

GubernatorFan wrote:
For me, she is a beautiful, somewhat more mature and stern character than so many others.

Glad we could help! in fact she has some Abigail Whistler vibes, and yes I agree it's a very nice head with a lot of character.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
blackpool wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
For me, she is a beautiful, somewhat more mature and stern character than so many others.

Glad we could help! in fact she has some Abigail Whistler vibes, and yes I agree it's a very nice head with a lot of character.
I'm glad you agree!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
9. Did someone say something about Seth... or was it Sith? Either way, this seems relevant...

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 Dsth0110

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 Dsth0210

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 Dsth0310

No one can forever escape the diligent seeking abilities of Darth Seth!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

BAMComix

Very Happy

Valiarde

Valiarde
He looks even more menacing than Darth Maul imo Smile
That is sth I like in our hobby, we can get very creative and creating entire new chars just by changing little things or heads

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Very Happy
Valiarde wrote:He looks even more menacing than Darth Maul imo Smile  
That is sth I like in our hobby, we can get very creative and creating entire new chars just by changing little things or heads

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked him. And Simon, you are partly to credit/blame, with your mysterious "sth" references, which gave me the idea. And Ovy, too, for something else, although the "für Ovy" installment will have to wait for a different occasion.

davidd

davidd
Star Horse: A Neigh Hope

This is kinda creepy-cool! Shoulda been an actual character. Although... if I have nightmares tonight this is why!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Star Horse: A Neigh Hope

This is kinda creepy-cool! Shoulda been an actual character. Although... if I have nightmares tonight this is why!
Love this! But do jackasses neigh? Either way...
Glad you liked it enough to inspire a joke or even nightmares (although I do not actually want you to suffer). Just hope it is better than Jar-Jar. Smile

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Ha! That’s brilliant, Ian. (Couldn’t be any worse of an idea than Jar Jar already was). By the way, I think the sound a jackass makes that you are asking about (at least one of them), is called a “bray.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Ha! That’s brilliant, Ian. (Couldn’t be any worse of an idea than Jar Jar already was). By the way, I think the sound a jackass makes that you are asking about (at least one of them), is called a “bray.”
Thank you very much, Mark, glad you liked it.
And yes, that is exactly the word for it. I knew it but it was not coming to mind (brain fog). The coolest thing is that "bray" rhymes with "neigh," even if they are spelled so differently!

Visisonor

Visisonor
Ah, Set, Egyptian god responsible for environmental variables.
Looks cool as a Seith Lord.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:Ah, Set, Egyptian god responsible for environmental variables.
Looks cool as a Seith Lord.
Yep, blame global warming on him! Either that, or he is the leader of the eco-nazis. Or why not both, he is nefarious enough. Smile
Actually, he is the god of violence, chaos, and evil. The eventual spelling and pronunciation of Sēth actually corresponds precisely to Sith. The original was "Sutekh" or something like it.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Cool photos, Ian! But I have to admit that these types of more realistic anthropomorphic animals give me the creeps. Possibly it is because my grandparents gave me this strange old children's book back in the '80s...

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 53013767988_c3defa98f1_nwie-die-tiere-soldaten-werden-wollten by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

It's about animals going to war and was initially published before WWI. The artwork is excellent, but everything feels very strange and very disturbing...  Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 1f62b

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:
Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked him. And Simon, you are partly to credit/blame, with your mysterious "sth" references, which gave me the idea. And Ovy, too, for something else, although the "für Ovy" installment will have to wait for a different occasion.

Smile Razz haha awesome!
something

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 Dsth0310
This one is an absolutely beautiful shot, sir. It combines Western, Mythology and SciFi.

I know it's not technically a horse, but reminds me of Bojack Horseman, the Horse who was in a famous TV show back in the 90s.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:Cool photos, Ian! But I have to admit that these types of more realistic anthropomorphic animals give me the creeps. Possibly it is because my grandparents gave me this strange old children's book back in the '80s...

wie-die-tiere-soldaten-werden-wollten by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

It's about animals going to war and was initially published before WWI. The artwork is excellent, but everything feels very strange and very disturbing...  Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 1f62b

Thank you very much, Ralf. And interesting reference. I was raised on Brothers Grimm and Max and Moritz, but this looks cool in a possibly macabre sort of way, by the sounds of it. I wonder how that poor dog's feet are going to fit in the human soldier's boots. As for Seth, in the iconographic canon he is usually human-bodied with a Seth-animal head (eventually interpreted as a donkey, but originally who knows?), so no such dilemmas. Smile

Valiarde wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Smile  Razz haha awesome!
something
It might have been unintentional, but thank you again! And thank you for explaining. Although I can't promise I would not have forgotten by the next time I see it -- this is how absent-minded I have gotten. But hey, I can be hip: I know what apps stands for. Smile
Ovy wrote:This one is an absolutely beautiful shot, sir. It combines Western, Mythology and SciFi.

I know it's not technically a horse, but reminds me of Bojack Horseman, the Horse who was in a famous TV show back in the 90s.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it. Well, here I wasn't trying to get the whole thing in, against the backdrop of my not-so-large widescreen, so I managed something a little nicer than the others. Sith (and Jedi) seem to be drawn to desert planets, so this environment made sense. And it was a tad more interesting than just a few dunes, as an explorer like yourself would appreciate. By the way, thanks for your part in inspiring Seth -- although I am yet to realize your suggestion (working on it). I see what you mean about BoJack Horseman. This could be Seth Jackassman. (Seth-Jack Assman does not sound very good, does it?) Smile

Ovy

Ovy
What about Jack A.S. Sethman? Razz

And how did I inspire Seth, I sem to have completely forgotten about that?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:What about Jack A.S. Sethman? Razz

And how did I inspire Seth, I sem to have completely forgotten about that?
Don't you want it to be a surprise? Smile

ElBundy

ElBundy
looks cool. You should patent it and offer it to Lucasfilm Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ElBundy wrote:looks cool. You should patent it and offer it to Lucasfilm Very Happy
Thank you very much, glad you like him. Nice idea, but they'd probably ruin him. LOL

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
ElBundy wrote:looks cool. You should patent it and offer it to Lucasfilm Very Happy
Thank you very much, glad you like him. Nice idea, but they'd probably ruin him. LOL

Or turn it into a female… Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Or turn it into a female… Very Happy
LOL absolutely, and/or make it an albino donkey!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:And how did I inspire Seth, I sem to have completely forgotten about that?

Ok... I found it. See here:

Ovy wrote:I love the fact that "Seth" has become quite the regular mainstream name in certain countries, although of biblical origins.

It's so common, I have to think of this character with his alien-aardvark-anteater-donkey-head in a white collar shirt sitting in front of a computer at some boring office job. Seth from accounting. Maybe he has an egypt themed necktie, and a coffee cup with some pyramid eye, and some golden glasses. But other than that he is just an unremarkable nice guy.

GubernatorFan wrote:Yeah, I agree with Ovy's draft for an office skit with Seth the donkey-headed co-worker. Smile  If I see the head parted out, I'll know what to do. Thanks, Ovs! Wink

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 Dsth0210

“Excuse me. I’m new to the Republic. Where can I find the Galactic Senate?”

“Just follow the Otorlan in the landspeeder.”

davidd

davidd
How much horsepower's that speeder bike put out?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:“Excuse me.  I’m new to the Republic.  Where can I find the Galactic Senate?”

“Just follow the Otorlan in the landspeeder.”
Thank you, you made me learn something new (or remember something old) -- Max Rebo's species!

davidd wrote:How much horsepower's that speeder bike put out?
I'm not sure about the horsepower, but it would do the Kessel Run in less than 13 parsecs. Smile

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
What I love about this guy is the fact he doesn't look out of place in star wars, love him.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:What I love about this guy is the fact he doesn't look out of place in star wars, love him.
Thank you very much, I'm glad you like him and find him plausible.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This time, I blame or credit Dal. He wanted to know about the blue moon. Now he'll find out what happens under it... Smile

10. Working title: Survivors.

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 Bm710
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 Bm810
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 Bm910

Of course, the actual blue moon was not blue (it could be, given specific conditions, but that wasn't the case). And this is just what my phone can do when set on full zoom, aided by a helpful function that kicks in; but professional lenses and filters would do much better. The actual blue moon, unedited:
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 12 September 2024) - Page 5 Bm510

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum