OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 13]

Stryker2012

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
ElBundy wrote:looks cool. You should patent it and offer it to Lucasfilm Very Happy
Thank you very much, glad you like him. Nice idea, but they'd probably ruin him. LOL

Or turn it into a female… Very Happy

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
ElBundy wrote:looks cool. You should patent it and offer it to Lucasfilm Very Happy
Thank you very much, glad you like him. Nice idea, but they'd probably ruin him. LOL

Or turn it into a female… Very Happy
LOL absolutely, and/or make it an albino donkey!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ovy wrote:And how did I inspire Seth, I sem to have completely forgotten about that?

Ok... I found it. See here:

Ovy wrote:I love the fact that "Seth" has become quite the regular mainstream name in certain countries, although of biblical origins.

It's so common, I have to think of this character with his alien-aardvark-anteater-donkey-head in a white collar shirt sitting in front of a computer at some boring office job. Seth from accounting. Maybe he has an egypt themed necktie, and a coffee cup with some pyramid eye, and some golden glasses. But other than that he is just an unremarkable nice guy.

GubernatorFan wrote:Yeah, I agree with Ovy's draft for an office skit with Seth the donkey-headed co-worker. Smile  If I see the head parted out, I'll know what to do. Thanks, Ovs! Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Xavion2004

GubernatorFan wrote:
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Dsth0210

“Excuse me. I’m new to the Republic. Where can I find the Galactic Senate?”

“Just follow the Otorlan in the landspeeder.”

davidd

davidd
How much horsepower's that speeder bike put out?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:“Excuse me.  I’m new to the Republic.  Where can I find the Galactic Senate?”

“Just follow the Otorlan in the landspeeder.”
Thank you, you made me learn something new (or remember something old) -- Max Rebo's species!

davidd wrote:How much horsepower's that speeder bike put out?
I'm not sure about the horsepower, but it would do the Kessel Run in less than 13 parsecs. Smile

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
What I love about this guy is the fact he doesn't look out of place in star wars, love him.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:What I love about this guy is the fact he doesn't look out of place in star wars, love him.
Thank you very much, I'm glad you like him and find him plausible.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This time, I blame or credit Dal. He wanted to know about the blue moon. Now he'll find out what happens under it... Smile

10. Working title: Survivors.

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Bm710
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Bm810
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Bm910

Of course, the actual blue moon was not blue (it could be, given specific conditions, but that wasn't the case). And this is just what my phone can do when set on full zoom, aided by a helpful function that kicks in; but professional lenses and filters would do much better. The actual blue moon, unedited:
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Bm510

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shots Ian! and what a great idea for a series of pics. Nice work.

Diana

Diana
Aw, that looks great!! Nice touch with the sparks. Smile

davidd

davidd
Nice edits! I love the campfire sparks!

You phone camera will get a moon shot like that? What kind of phone cam are you using?

Best I could manage was this, and it's pretty grainy:

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 53158480983_cfb01fc00a

Chip

Those are great Ian .

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very real fire effect here. I really like these pics and lighting. The plants are a nice touch

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Great shots Ian! and what a great idea for a series of pics. Nice work.

Thanks a lot, Dal, I'm glad you like them. And you inspired me to do something with the shots of the moon (which I had taken anyway, but without thinking of putting them to good use).

Diana wrote:Aw, that looks great!! Nice touch with the sparks. Smile

Thank you, Diana, I'm glad you liked them. The sparks are two layers of transparent PNG, and there is a bit of a flame layer too, but it is hardly visible. I could have done more with smoke, but didn't want to lower image clarity. The first two photos had the light set to a flame function, although it is not too obvious.

davidd wrote:Nice edits! I love the campfire sparks!

You phone camera will get a moon shot like that? What kind of phone cam are you using?

Best I could manage was this, and it's pretty grainy

That is a nice photo of the moon you took. In fact, that is what most of my photos of the moon end up being like, in the best of cases. The breakthrough was that I zoomed in all the way (I usually avoid this, as it lowers photo resolution), and some sort of special digital aide setting kicked in, with a little digital targeting display popping up in the upper right corner to help me find the moon (it can be hard when you are that zoomed in). And then, when I found it, I could see all the spots and details like never before. So of course I snapped a bunch of those photos, both on the proper night, and the next one. Helps to be able to steady the camera or at least the arm holding the camera (I used my mailbox). Of course, a professional camera with special lenses and filters would do much better than this, but I was very pleased.
The camera is whatever comes with Samsung Galaxy S23+, camera version 13.1.01.53. My previous phone was fine but the USB charging/transfer port got damaged, so I had to upgrade in the spring. For all I know, the previous camera might have had this ability too, although I never stumbled across it. Then again, it had been quite a few years, so maybe not.

Chip wrote:Those are great Ian .

Thank you very much, Mark, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

davidd

davidd
Oh! I have a Galaxy S23! I'll have to try some night shots with it! Thanx for the info!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Really cool shots with the moon and the spark effect. Did you buy the full Koska Reeves figure, or just parts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Very real fire effect here. I really like these pics and lighting. The plants are a nice touch
Thank you very much, Simon, I'm glad you liked it. You guys (including Ralf) gave me some suggestions for trying to take photos of figures in front of a night sky displayed on a screen, and this is much better than my early attempts. Glad you liked the fire effect -- some of it is digital transparent background PNGs, some of it is a light function of the light I used in the first two photos. And the plants are mostly the ones we've been discussing on and off that are made for aquariums.

davidd wrote:Oh! I have a Galaxy S23! I'll have to try some night shots with it! Thanx for the info!

Great, go and give it a try. It ought to still work tonight, even as the moon is getting smaller. If it makes a difference, the automatic nighttime photo setting was also on.

Stryker2012 wrote:Really cool shots with the moon and the spark effect. Did you buy the full Koska Reeves figure, or just parts?

Thank you very much, Mark, glad you liked it. I only got Koska's head, but she seemed reasonably good with this transporter trooper armor (I bunched it up a bit so that she doesn't have too much of a giraffe-neck effect). I have yet to make a proper custom figure with it.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Wait a minute. So they are hanging out under our moon, i.e. Luna, the satellite of the planet we (so originally) call Earth. And it looks like we know it to look right now, not in the distant past.

Just how long is long time ago, and how far is the galaxy far, far away?..

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:Wait a minute. So they are hanging out under our moon, i.e. Luna, the satellite of the planet we (so originally) call Earth. And it looks like we know it to look right now, not in the distant past.

Just how long is long time ago, and how far is the galaxy far, far away?..

Well, as we all know aliens arrived on Earth and started our civilization, building pyramids and engaging in bloodsports with specially engineered carnivorous species. We have even discovered the petrified hull of one of their Death Stars in our solar system, orbiting around Saturn. So, yes, it's in the past, but not quite that impossibly distant...

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Mimas-10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice lighting experiment! And hey, maybe it's just a moon that looks like ours! Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Nice lighting experiment! And hey, maybe it's just a moon that looks like ours! Razz
Thank you very much, Sky, I'm glad you liked it. And, yes, it could be just a coincidence. Or they got to... here.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This experiment is, indirectly, due to Sky. I call it 

11. Texan Sunset (or is it Texan Dusk?)

Which of the three versions works best?

Version 1:

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs0110
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs0210
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs0310
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs0410
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs0510

Version 2:

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs0610
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs0710
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs0810
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs0910
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs1011

Version 3:

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs1110
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs1210
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs1310
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs1410
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs1510

And a couple of close-ups added later:

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs1610
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 Texs1710

As always, what do you think?

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice, Ian! I like the last set the best, as lights and shadows fit nicely. I would have preferred a more shallow shooting angle, but I understand that the camp fire would get in the way.

I usually reduce depth of field to blur out the background slightly, as this gives the illusion of a real 3D setup. I think your picture could also profit from playing with the camera aperture or the use of a photo app to dynamically reduce sharpness in the background. Sorry for my nitpicking... Wink

Diana

Diana
Awww, nice! Love the dog. It makes them so much more versatile when they can move their heads!

I think I like the first set the best. The clouds are just a little too busy for my liking in set 3, and the blue sky in set 2, at least in pictures one and two, is just too much.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Nice sequence. All three of them.
The second version has monitor bezel visible on the last photo, but that can be fixed with a simple crop.
I think I prefer the first version, but can't point out why, just a feeling.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Really nice shots, Ian!

ElBundy

ElBundy
I would prefer the second set. Here the spatial illusion succeeds best.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Hmmm. Hard to say. There are some excellent shots in each set, where the lighting and shadows match with the backdrop. Lots of nice touches and details. Is the dog’s head actually movable?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 6 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum