OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Valiarde

Nice to see your Anakin again. Also great to see the different Troopers in action with him. Do you have any favourite among those three?

And where was your thread where you were making that artifical hand/arm for him? Wink

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Nice to see your Anakin again. Also great to see the different Troopers in action with him. Do you have any favourite among those three?

And where was your thread where you were making that artifical hand/arm for him? Wink

Thank you, Simon. Yes, I think I like the plain original Second Phase trooper best -- most iconic; the others are the same with color additions.

There wasn't a detailed coverage of the artificial arm/hand, but the thread is here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6294-custom-nelvaan-anakin-updated-part-iv-heads

and the specific response to your question here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6294-custom-nelvaan-anakin-updated-part-iv-heads#89121
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6294-custom-nelvaan-anakin-updated-part-iv-heads#88925

The vambrace part is just printed on paper and self-adhesive label paper, built up a little bit (for "relief"), and painted over with the same acrylic paint as the plastic hand.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
6. Some glimpses behind the wall of the Forbidden City

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yi0110

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yi0210

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yi0310

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yi0410

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yi0510

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yi0610

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yi0710

Just did a bit of a kitbash from the i8Toys Yi sets, and decided to see how she looked next to my other Chinese kitbashes and sets -- of which I have very few. Very loosely inspired by Emperor Tang Xuanzong's favorite concubine Yang Guifei's favoritism for the general An Lushan. The male figures are actually mostly Ming Dynasty, but what's a few centuries between dynasties and courtly fashions? Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Nice. I had no idea you had gotten parts from some of these figures. Cool collection of figures.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice. I had no idea you had gotten parts from some of these figures. Cool collection of figures.
Thank you very much, glad you liked them.
You know how I admire these sets, but since they are not really something I collect with any consistency, I usually resist getting them. I occasionally get something I deem more interesting and sufficiently historical/plausible. But I do pick up a few bits and pieces from the sets I don't get when I see them parted out, and sometimes kitbash or recreate similar figures. The most recent instance, the Yi Tang Dynasty clothing sets, I mixed and matched the parts from the three sets when I saw them parted out by Toy Anxiety. It ended up being pretty close to one of the versions, but at least two of the items are different. I did look up Tang fashions, and they are not far off. Except that the Tang-period Chinese generally appreciated a fuller figure -- but that doesn't show as much in these clothes.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice assortment of figures! Very colourful.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Nice assortment of figures! Very colourful.
Thank you very much! Yes, definitely colorful. As the Middle Ages should be, but we sometimes forget among all those leather biker-gang color schemes.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Such an aesthetically pleasing assemblage of figures! I love the beautiful array of colours. And nicely posed as well.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
That’s a fantastic result from picking up “a few bits and pieces”…..! The dark blue/red edged studded dragon affair looks especially amazing - sorry it no doubt has a proper name, but I’m not sure what? The staging background works well and also love the colourfulness. Very Happy

Chip

That`s a cool and rather off beat collection of figures . Plenty there to create a story .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Such an aesthetically pleasing assemblage of figures! I love the beautiful array of colours. And nicely posed as well.
Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Certainly a bit outside so much of our usual fare. There must be plenty of people collecting these -- and doing so more consistently and doing much more with them, but we don't see much in the way of showcasing that here, apart from the occasional in-hand photos of particular products.

Tanzenwolfe wrote:That’s a fantastic result from picking up “a few bits and pieces”…..!  The dark blue/red edged studded dragon affair looks especially amazing - sorry it no doubt has a proper name, but I’m not sure what?  The staging background works well and also love the colourfulness.  Very Happy
Thank you very much, glad you liked them. The fully-amored soldier on left (Jin cavalry), the emperor (Ming Taizu, era name Hongwu), and the guy in the outfit you liked so much are actual sets I purchased. The rest are mix and match or partly reconstituted from parted-out sets. I'm glad you liked the makeshift background, imperfect as it is. The blue/red-edged studded dragon affair is a type of military garment, a sort of combination between what in Western Europe would have been a surcoat and a gambeson. The set came in two variants, I got the dark blue more mature one:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1156-new-productding-shengmo-play-x-poptoys-1-6-da-ming-bird-hand-moveable-doll-2-color-ds002?highlight=ming+dynasty

Chip wrote:That`s a cool and rather off beat collection of figures . Plenty there to create a story .
Thank you very much, I'm happy you liked them. Hard to keep from just a little bit of story-telling when setting them up as a group.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
That is a nice collection of Asian figures! Very nice photos, too!

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is a cool collection of asian dresses. Always greart to see them in hand and in poses.

My favourite is the one on the last pic (I know he showed up mainly hidden on another pic) but that robe looks very cool 

Thanks for showing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:That is a nice collection of Asian figures! Very nice photos, too!

Thank you very much, Ralf, coming from you that's a huge compliment. It occurs to me that I'm still a little stuck in product review mode when photographing figures, but of course it's not as if I have the skill or ability to go for something quite as moody and realistic as what you and Simon have been able to achieve.

Valiarde wrote:That is a cool collection of Asian dresses. Always great to see them in hand and in poses.

My favourite is the one on the last pic (I know he showed up mainly hidden on another pic) but that robe looks very cool 

Thanks for showing

Thank you, Simon, glad you liked them. Like I've said, they are not a focus of collecting for me, but as you see I've been unable to resist picking up some (and there are a handful of others). Yes, that is the default robe the emperor comes with. The set also included the even more formal yellow robe which I used in most of the photos -- except I was lazy and didn't remove the off-white robe first (which is why he looks even heavier and more neck-less in the photos with the yellow robe on).

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
GubernatorFan wrote:
Randam Hajile wrote:That is a nice collection of Asian figures! Very nice photos, too!

Thank you very much, Ralf, coming from you that's a huge compliment. It occurs to me that I'm still a little stuck in product review mode when photographing figures, but of course it's not as if I have the skill or ability to go for something quite as moody and realistic as what you and Simon have been able to achieve.

I think that is an understatement of the quality of your pictures. You are doing excellent work with the camera in my eyes. Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 1f600

teamweapon

SWEET selection of figures!
and a nice spread of photos too, i very much approve Smile

ElBundy

ElBundy
Great pictures. You seem to have a profound knowledge of Chinese history and clothing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:
I think that is an understatement of the quality of your pictures. You are doing excellent work with the camera in my eyes.  Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 1f600
Thank you for the kind words. But I do sometimes wish I could break away from encylopedic reference-type imagery, and do something more artistic.

teamweapon wrote:SWEET selection of figures!
and a nice spread of photos too, i very much approve Smile
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them.

ElBundy wrote:Great pictures. You seem to have a profound knowledge of Chinese history and clothing.
Thank you very much. I do have some knowledge of Chinese history, and some basic notion of the clothing -- and if I really want to make a point I try to look up the particulars. But I'm by no means an expert. Many of those beautiful ornate sets that are out there are over the top -- although they might in some cases replicate the costumes in films and TV shows.

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:6. Some glimpses behind the wall of the Forbidden City
Nicely detailed outfits.
My first association is they are plotting something.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:6. Some glimpses behind the wall of the Forbidden City
Nicely detailed outfits.
My first association is they are plotting something.
Thank you, I'm glad you liked them.
And indeed, that's what I was going for. An intrigue between the concubine and the general she was favoring.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
7. I think I'm in love.

Well, I broke down and ordered a deboxed HT Yelena set (MMS622). I haven't seen the film (though I did look up some YouTube excerpts that left me ambivalent), but I love the no-nonsense female warrior look and the excellent treatment of the head by HT's sculptors and painters, which is as impressive as it is beautiful. So I couldn't help snapping some photos, just for the fun of it.

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yelena10
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yelena11
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yelena12
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yelena13
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yelena14
Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 Yelena15

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice grab, Ian. She looks great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice grab, Ian. She looks great.
Thank you, I'm glad you liked her.

davidd

davidd
Nice pick-up! That head sculpt is extremely nice, particularly for a molded-hair type! The costume is fantastic, especially that grey vest!

I'm not familiar with this character at all, or even what franchise she's from, but I'm sure she will get up to some entertaining mischief in GubWorld.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Nice pick-up! That head sculpt is extremely nice, particularly for a molded-hair type! The costume is fantastic, particularly that grey vest!

I'm not familiar with this character at all, or even what franchise she's from, but I'm sure she will get up to some entertaining mischief in GubWorld.

That’s Yelena from the Black Widow movie (I didn’t see it, but I got the impression she was also going to be in the Hawkeye Disney+ series, and in some of the future Marvel movies after she takes over the Black Widow mantle).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 1f10

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Really interesting coincidence that you got Yelena now, Ian. I was searching for a loose Yelena head for several weeks, and last week decided to get one of the remaining full sets from Onesixthkit. I have actually little interest in the character, but the sculpt and paintwork is really excellent  Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Nice pick-up! That head sculpt is extremely nice, particularly for a molded-hair type! The costume is fantastic, particularly that grey vest!

In this instance, I guess the molded hair is fully justifiable, given the tightly wound hairdo. She also comes with a headset and mic. The vest was apparently a bit of a thing in the movie. Black Widow kept admiring it and its many pockets (she didn't have one like that). The Youtube video I watched had supposedly every Yelena scene, out of context, but all that was under 17 minutes...
I thought she might make a cool agent in your and Dal's adventures.

Stryker2012 wrote:That’s Yelena from the Black Widow movie (I didn’t see it, but I got the impression she was also going to be in the Hawkeye Disney+ series, and in some of the future Marvel movies after she takes over the Black Widow mantle).
Indeed. More fully Yelena Belova. Actually it can be spelled Elena, but Russian pronounces initial E as Ye, and this spelling is phonetic. I think they are pitting her against Hawkeye (from what disjointed bits I saw on Youtube), but I'm sure it's a misunderstanding.

Randam Hajile wrote:Really interesting coincidence that you got Yelena now, Ian. I was searching for a loose Yelena head for several weeks, and last week decided to get one of the remaining full sets from Onesixthkit. I have actually little interest in the character, but the sculpt and paintwork is really excellent  Gubernator's Various Photos, Kitbashes, and Customs (new update 5 May 2024) - Page 3 1f60e
I know what you mean, but I think it is entirely understandable -- she is irresistible. I missed the heads in two of my usual part-out places, and despaired of getting her, so I ended up getting a deboxed but complete set (at least saving a little on shipping). Although HT's obsession with underpadding is as annoying as ever, I still like having the complete thing. I might have to get a matching set up for Black Widow. The day after I bought this, they parted out the head again, but it turned out to be $120 by itself, just under half the total price for the set.

Visisonor

Visisonor
I think the likeness is spot on.
Her "white widow" suit reminds me of Leia's Hoth outfit.
Great acquisition!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:I think the likeness is spot on.
Her "white widow" suit reminds me of Leia's Hoth outfit.
Great acquisition!

Thank you very much. I like her too... obviously. Smile It does remind me of Hoth Leia, but also of your agents, and so I decided to kitbash a second one on the basis of this set, with a Black Widow head, to make her company.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum