OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any recent experience with KGHobby?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Any recent experience with KGHobby? Empty Any recent experience with KGHobby? Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:45 pm

Spartan06

Spartan06
I just set up an account on the KGHobby website and intended to order a couple of items, but after a half-dozen attempts, I couldn't get anything to load into the cart.  Has anyone else had this problem with them or any recent positive experience?

If you have ordered recently, what are their shipping times like now?

Thanks, Bob

2Any recent experience with KGHobby? Empty Re: Any recent experience with KGHobby? Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I've seen recent discussions about them that don't sound promising. Now, some have had good experiences with them, and others (more recently) have complained of getting shafted. Be aware that shipping to the US is an absolute killer from them. I have avoided them at all costs myself. For Asian retailers I only deal with OneSixthKit & Giantoy, as both have phenomenal customer service.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Any recent experience with KGHobby? C8485110

3Any recent experience with KGHobby? Empty Re: Any recent experience with KGHobby? Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:36 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I order regularly with them, everything worked, everything in time, always paid full upfront and got money back when I cancelled once.

Shipping is depending on your country. To Germany it is rather good (like $25-$30 for normal figures, $40-50 for multiples or heavy figures)

So only good things from my side to say

4Any recent experience with KGHobby? Empty Re: Any recent experience with KGHobby? Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:47 am

blackpool

blackpool
I used to shop at kghobby for many years, trusted seller, good prices, limited shipping fees and taxes... My two last experiences were disastrous with them sadly, parcel lost, crazy shipping fees and taxes, a huge lack of communication, and the same lack of action to resolve the situation... I stopped using them, the trust is gone, just waiting on my two preorders from 2 years back and that will be it.

I agree Giantoy has become the best asian seller to my eyes, and I'd rather use toyswonderland than kghobby if I can't find what I want on Giantoy.

5Any recent experience with KGHobby? Empty Re: Any recent experience with KGHobby? Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:58 pm

Spartan06

Spartan06
Thanks everyone!  

As an update, I did finally get one "in stock" figure to load into the shopping cart, then got a pop-up message that they didn't have enough on hand to meet my order - 1 figure.  The second figure was still trying to load when I woke up this morning.  That and your comments pretty much tells me it's likely to be a bad experience now - best avoided.  

I've had great experiences with GianToy, and that's what gave me some confidence in Asian sellers.  They're my usual go to source if they have what I want on their website, either in stock or PO.

6Any recent experience with KGHobby? Empty Re: Any recent experience with KGHobby? Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:55 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’d be wary of ToysWonderland, Alex. There is an entire thread over at the Freaks discussing the shady crap that they’ve been pulling over the last year or so.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/toys-wonderland.242972/page-23

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Any recent experience with KGHobby? C8485110

7Any recent experience with KGHobby? Empty Re: Any recent experience with KGHobby? Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:27 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:I’d be wary of ToysWonderland, Alex. There is an entire thread over at the Freaks discussing the shady crap that they’ve been pulling over the last year or so.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/toys-wonderland.242972/page-23

If you got to page 1 of the thread ( https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/toys-wonderland.242972/ )
the first post is by user matticus and his/her status is BANNED, which probably explains why the post cannot be read, as it has been deleted.

The 2nd post (by Bleah ) reads: Woooooooow... so this is Sideshow's doing I'm assuming.

I am assuming the purpose of the thread relates to a time when Sideshow Collectibles did all they could to take down Toys Wonderland via a method related to the issue of Toys Wonderland using official images from Hot Toys
This resulted in Toys Wonderland moving their website to a place (internal server?) which could not be taken down.
I think also, Toys Wonderland have since used non official images when it came to Hot Toys items.

As with many forums, a certain percentage of users like some drama from time to time, including 1/6th collectors.

While i have not read the entire thread, i did spot a number of posts which like to poke fun / attack the successful YouTuber Justin of Justin's Collection, mocking his accent, which is childish. To some degree i sense a level of jealousy. Justin has always stated during his videos that he purchases his figures using his all money. I have to give Justin credit where credit is due - he puts the work in, he uploads very informative videos when it comes to 1/6th scale figures (..and other scales from time to time). There are many other collectors who upload 1/6th scale videos to YouTube, and to be honest, many of them fail, using poor camera's, poor lighting, failing to cover useful info, some uploaders fail to speak?

On the subject of Toys Wonderland, i am happy to admit i have used them. I will share the stats:

To date i have placed 23 orders with Toys Wonderland
To date 15 orders have shipped Smile
To date 7 orders are Processing - Pre_orders
To date 1 order is Processing - Non_Pre_order

I have no reason not to believe the 7 Pre_orders will not ship (once the items becomes available)

For the moment i am waiting for one order to ship that is not classed as a Pre_order. Some might at this point want to jump on the bandwagon and tout about the word 'shady..'
At this moment in time, one of two things could happen, either they ship the figure or they offer a refund. We will see Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum