OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 40]

skywalkersaga

Thanks -- that is indeed probably the best way to go about it. I just don't really have access to printing directly, so I'd have to order something to be printed online and then sent to me anyway, so I'd sort of thought getting something that had already been designed to display behind 1/6 figures would be easier. But I will definitely bear that in mind for future, especially when it comes to more specific types of backgrounds that wouldn't really be readily available any other way : )

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks -- that is indeed probably the best way to go about it. I just don't really have access to printing directly, so I'd have to order something to be printed online and then sent to me anyway, so I'd sort of thought getting something that had already been designed to display behind 1/6 figures would be easier. But I will definitely bear that in mind for future, especially when it comes to more specific types of backgrounds that wouldn't really be readily available any other way : )

Check this site out. You might find something useful, or he might be able to make you something.

https://twelveinchfigures.weebly.com

Peaches

Beautiful backdrops, but pricey!  Another thing you can do using programs like Photoshop, or The Gimp (free) is take photographs with a green background (or whatever color) and mask it out, setting your character into any photograph you can find.  That'd be the cheapest way, though you'd have to learn how to use the program to extract/create a mask of you character/object.

The other good thing about learning to do this is that you are not limited to your backgrounds, you can pretty much place your character in any picture you take, or find on the internet that is free to use.

skywalkersaga

Thanks so much for the resource, Stryker!

And that's a really good idea, Peaches! another link I will bookmark -- thank you! : )

Peaches

Peaches
Green Screen: http://www.diaryofatechiechick.com/2013/04/removing-green-screen-as-easy-as-1-2-3.html

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
While it's not high on my list of priorities, I need to ask all you Star Wars fans what you think of the old Sideshow Han in Carbonite Environment, over the new one? (If anyone has either, that is).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 9 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:While it's not high on my list of priorities, I need to ask all you Star Wars fans what you think of the old Sideshow Han in Carbonite Environment, over the new one? (If anyone has either, that is).

I did do a mini review on the old site, HERE.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the link, Guv. Just read through it. The new one is pretty cool with all the light up features, but I rarely use any of those; did you ever get the old one, that was supposed to look like a section of Jabba’s palace?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the link, Guv. Just read through it. The new is pretty cool with all the light up features, but I rarely use any of those; did you ever get the old one, that was supposed to look like a section of Jabba’s palace?

Oh, I see what you meant -- no, I didn't even realize there was an older version, of if I did I had forgotten.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm sort of leaning toward the old one myself -- assuming I can find it; here's a pic of the piece:

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 9 2177_p10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I see. Well, for your purposes its superior display-quality certainly might work better. Or, if you wanted a more interactive experience, you could potentially pair that wall background (in the perhaps unlikely case you can find it loose by itself -- were the pieces separable anyway?) with the new one.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I cannot advise, as I sadly have neither. If it were me, I'd probably go with the most affordable option (as long as it still looked nice), simply due to budget reasons, lol. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:I see. Well, for your purposes its superior display-quality certainly might work better. Or, if you wanted a more interactive experience, you could potentially pair that wall background (in the perhaps unlikely case you can find it loose by itself -- were the pieces separable anyway?) with the new one.

I honestly don’t know if they separate or not to tell you the truth. I haven’t found enough information about it to know if it has lights even, or if it’s just more or less a diorama piece.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I honestly don’t know if they separate or not to tell you the truth. I haven’t found enough information about it to know if it has lights even, or if it’s just more or less a diorama piece.

I sent you some links (remember that if any of this is available via Sideshow you might have some points or other incentives there).

Anyway, the block does separate from the wall, via a rod and a magnet. So you do have more interactive options there. It does not appear that the old version has any electronic features.

Michael Crawford did a review of the old piece (with the wall) HERE.

And HERE is another review of the new version (sans wall but with electronic features and base).

Hope this helps.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the links (and the PM). Holy cow, how old was this thing. Micheal’s web-page must have been fairly new when he did this review.

Peaches

Peaches
Just came across this?

https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2019/02/18/hasbro-star-wars-skiff-vehicle-and-hyperreal-darth-vader-figure/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Just came across this?

https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2019/02/18/hasbro-star-wars-skiff-vehicle-and-hyperreal-darth-vader-figure/

That’s pretty cool, for the 8” figures. Nothing this cool was available when I was a kid collecting the smaller sizes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm sort of leaning toward the old one myself -- assuming I can find it; here's a pic of the piece:

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 9 2177_p10

Thanks to GubernatorFan, I managed to get this piece for $25 above original retail (shipping included). Thanks, my friend.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome , congrats! Now it needs a Boushh Leia... Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome , congrats! Now it needs a Boushh Leia... Wink

I’m waiting for HT to make one of her, but yes, I will definitely get her.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Same here! She’s very high on my list !

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As long as I don't get blamed in the end, you're welcome! Smile

Peaches

Peaches
Ah shucks @Stryker2011, I didn't realize it wasn't for 1/6! Congratulations on getting the carbonated Solo Very Happy

Peaches

Peaches
Another body question... I would like to find a tall female body about the height of original phicens, but less expensive than the phicen and no need for seamless. Are there any known bodies like this? Also, the smaller the chest, the better Smile

Any help is appreciated Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:Another body question... I would like to find a tall female body about the height of original phicens, but less expensive than the phicen and no need for seamless.  Are there any known bodies like this?  Also, the smaller the chest, the better Smile

Any help is appreciated Smile

Would something like this one work?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Scale-Nude-Doll-Female-Body-Figures-Middle-Flexible-Action-Gift-For-kids/223165644436?hash=item33f5b57e94Ⓜm6SBKg6MdqHm2PZ95gy--_g:rk:6🇵🇫0

It's not a 'small' bust by any stretch, but it's not over-sized either. This type of body is fairly tall, if I recall correctly.

Or, alternatively, something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CG-CY-1-6th-Female-Girl-Small-Breast-Plastic-Body-Model-F-12-Figure-Toys/323265830366?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I'm not 100% certain of precise measurements for these, but I do believe they are taller than the petite tbleague bodies, as well as those shorter poptoys bodies.

Peaches

Peaches
Thanks @skywalkersaga. Shoot, I'm getting so confused finding parts, I forgot you gave me suggestions a page back! I tackled some shoes today, LOL, and I think my brain melted! Thanks again!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:Thanks @skywalkersaga. Shoot, I'm getting so confused finding parts, I forgot you gave me suggestions a page back!  I tackled some shoes today, LOL, and I think my brain melted!  Thanks again!

It's totally ok! Hope it helps! <3

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Whoops, meant to add -- if it's for Zoe, and you'll need to paint it, then I recommend the one in the second link I posted. The first one has a rubber torso, which would make it incompatible with painting, while the second one is entirely plastic which is much more ideal for that!

Peaches

Peaches
Yes, it really helps. I guess the height given is without the head then? Cool, I think the first one looks great!
Oh gosh, yes, you are right. Gotta think on how to color it too :/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum